Change spring on kw v1 Xi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change spring on kw v1 Xi

Hey guys, I just got mi WCI's MD1 today!
    However, I wanted to make my car a little lower to suit them better, but I am already all in on my coilovers! It seems that the logical thing to do would be to change my springs... I wnt to order new ones, and I realised that my actual springs didnt have the same diameter on top than on bottom... anyone know what can I do to go lower or who sells springs that would fit my car ?

Regards,
    -M

Also, any thoughts on how it looks ?
    Attached Files

Looking good.

I used to have an e90xi as well , on V3s .. i was planning on doing a swift spring conversion on the front if that helps at all. I think HPA has everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by _shim View Post
      Looking good.

I used to have an e90xi as well , on V3s .. i was planning on doing a swift spring conversion on the front if that helps at all. I think HPA has everything you need.
      Yep but I have V1's and the spring is kinda weird because it has different top and bottom diameters, I don't know if anyone outside KW sells such springs. However, shorter springs are my best options for the rear so far.
      Anyways, I got the adjustment perch as far down as i could (a bit of it even sitting off the threads). I looked under my car, and I noticed I am currently sitting on the bumpstops :s , so I might get GC camber plates which would free some bump travel that can be later ''eaten'' by the strut for some more low.

I dont know if I should tweak this setup or throw it away for air, but since almost everybody is going for bags nowadays, I would kinda be proud of having a very low static setup, you know, ''deserving'' a static sticker.

It's so difficult getting more low on these cars !

If you have experience with these cars, do you think it would be possible to modify the bottom of the strut, so it would ''sink'' more into the pressfit holding it, and the relocate the link kit bolt point proportionally ?

Comment

Camber plates in the front would give you some extra drop for sure. It'd be the perfect time to swap out to shorter springs at that time too, if you can swing it.

I ended up cutting like, 2/3 of my oem bumpstops and got a tiny bit of travel out of the fronts that way. The v3s offered more than enough height adjustment though (always seemed like there was more adjustment in them vs V1s) so I never really looked into modifying the strut.

I was looking into shorter/stiffer springs until I snapped an axle. If you're planning on going low, static, you should look into getting a frame notch at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by _shim View Post
          Camber plates in the front would give you some extra drop for sure. It'd be the perfect time to swap out to shorter springs at that time too, if you can swing it.

I ended up cutting like, 2/3 of my oem bumpstops and got a tiny bit of travel out of the fronts that way. The v3s offered more than enough height adjustment though (always seemed like there was more adjustment in them vs V1s) so I never really looked into modifying the strut.

I was looking into shorter/stiffer springs until I snapped an axle. If you're planning on going low, static, you should look into getting a frame notch at some point.
          Thanks for the advice man!
          Do you know where to get these springs ?

Comment

you're planning on going low, static, you should look into getting a frame notch at some point.

Comment

Working...
            X