Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB Forged from Anaheim, CA - FRAUD - BEWARE

Hi guys,

my name is Matt, I'm from Poland. I'm not usually the one to brag about such things on forums but I am doing this for a close friend of mine who was scammed for 600 USD by LB Forged from Anaheim, CA. He does not speak fluent English so I am writing this on his behalf.

It's a precaution for anyone interested in dealing with Brian from LB Forged.
    My friend ordered a pair of 9x24" lips for his hot-rod from LB Forged on 10 Nov. 2013 for 600 USD.
    Brian sent him an invoice via Paypal on 10. Nov 2013. The invoice was paid in full.
    Until this day my friend has not received the lips, although we have called and emailed Brian many times.

The worst thing is that my friend had already bought multiple sets of deep dish lips from LB and as a retunging customer he got scammed for 600 USD.

If you can, please share this thread to anyone interested in getting a set of wheels from them.

Feel free to comment their buisness policy on these sites

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

9 reviews and 30 photos of LB Forged Wheels "Scam and fraud. Paid 600 USD for a pair of custom deep dish lips 9x24" and haven't seen the lips or the money till this day. Avoid and beware!!!!"

If anyone else had similar experiences with LB Forged, please share them here.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt*; 06-22-2015, 01:03 PM.

Since your friend paid with Paypal, did he file a dispute? Surely there is more backstory here.

Comment

He cannot file the dispute after 18 months. The guy kept saying he needs more time to get the lips made.
      We got to a point where I decided it's time to post the story for others to see.

Comment

you don't earn the nickname the "crook of the west coast" in the industry for no reason... sorry to see another person get scammed.

what scares me more is that a number of the new small 3 piece manufacturers have their faces machined there..
        Last edited by 1badg35; 06-22-2015, 02:36 PM.
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

1badg35 - can you elaborate on that? Any specific example you can provide about LB ? I would appreciate it.

Comment

Anyone in the are of Anaheim who would like to pay these guys a visit?

Comment

I went to one of their offices a few months ago for a quote on lips and barrels. I did not speak with Brian, but the guy I spoke with was very helpful. Their prices were on par with VR Wheels.

I'm 99% sure they only produce the faces, and outsource or purchase parts elsewhere. In this anaheim area there are a lot of machine shops, powdercoaters, and distributors...they work hand in hand to add an up charge to whatever service you are looking for.

I would suggest saying you are in the area and want to go pick up your parts.
              If they say it has already been shipped, ask for a tracking #.
              If they say ok come get it, just say you changed your mind and want it shipped.

I've never used Paypal with a foreign currency, are you sure that didnt cause any problems?
              Do you have an LB order # or invoice? Ask them if it is still open.

Comment

Even if a place says they need more time(or other excuses) and it creeps up on the 45 days when you can no longer file a dispute with Paypal, do it anyway. I had to do this with a wheel company in Belgium, they kept saying they needed more time, lied about sending the parts and then needing to track down the package to get the parts back as they were wrong and start the process over again. I simply explained that I'd be filing a Paypal dispute just to cover myself and that they should understand that it's not me thinking they were untrustworthy(even though it was), but it was more just to cover myself. Magically after starting the dispute the parts were sent within a few days.....they were no doubt trying to scam me. Always start a dispute at or just before the 45 day mark regardless IMO.

Comment

I am also having issues with LB Forged. He had a dispute with their private line and i went through Private line through LB Forged unknowingly. I sent wheels to be fixed after sealant issues.

Brian De La Vara said it was my shops fault. He kept my wheels and will not send them back as he is claiming they were not paid for.

So currently I have 3 wheels. And one is sitting in shop as he continues to screw customers over.

Comment

Anyone in the CA area by his shop that can stop by?

Should run in a steal my wheel... Ridiculous that he thinks he is befitting anyone by keeping my wheel that i paid for due to his dispute with a private line that he also screwed over.

I really hope Brian goes out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by christeena
                      thanks for this informative article and the topic here shared in this article is much useful for me to know about it. Also, i like the presentation of this topic and it is much easy to understand. Continue sharing more topics like this. Url="http://www.browserfreeze.com"]google chrome keeps freezing windows 10[/url]
                      omg fuck off.

Comment

Working...
                      X