Looks good as always
      '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
      instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Impeccable.

Comment

Photo from earlier on this season:

Comment

Love this so much, man have you considered skirt extensions, same as the lower lip on the front bumper? Would tie in so nice and keep the black continuing all around the car
            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Comment

Your pics always come out dope man!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
                Instagram: @Vish399

Comment

So I've had this in the works for quite some time and wasn't sure if it was actually going to happen, but then it finally did...

If you get a chance, read the full feature on my Golf R here:

LESS IS MORE // BRIAN JENSEN’S FITTED MK6 R.

Last edited by DUTCHswift; 02-19-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Machined .150" off the barrels on my buddy's Bridgeport so I won't rub through my shocks in the rear. The wheels are all apart right now so they can get a full clean and re-polish before I coat them all with Adam's Polish's Ceramic Wheel Coating. I'm hoping this will prevent the need to constantly re-polish the lips during the season and that it'll make cleaning them a whole lot easier too.

Last edited by DUTCHswift; 03-15-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Last week I worked on the wheels some more. I sanded down the machined surfaces and sharp edges on 3/4 wheels and also got the pesky old wheel weight gum off the barrels. I have a little less than a month left until these need to be back on the car so I'm trying to utilize all the time that I have. This weekend I sanded all the lips back down to 3k grit and re-polished them twice. I'll have to take a picture of them before I move on with what's next. Speaking of that, my Adam's Polish Ceramic Coating came in on Friday so the next step will be to wipe everything down with a degreaser to make sure it's spotless, and then I'll be coating the barrels, centercaps, centers, and lips in that order. Kinda nervous about the coating. I'm hoping all that polishing work won't have to get redone if I mess up the coating. The hope is that I'll start with the less seen or harder to notice components first so I can get some practice before I move onto the lips.

Comment

• Got everything ceramic coated finally and let everything cure for 48hrs. Yesterday during the big snowstorm we got, I sprayed everything down with the provided ceramic boost and dry fit all the components together. I was also able to get two of them fully bolted and torqued and that's where I stopped for the day. I was going to do a video showing how hydrophobic the surface is but I didn't want to worry about effecting the thread lock with water while it set up. I'll make a video the next time I go to bolt the remaining two wheels together.

Comment

• Since I haven't updated this thread in almost a year, I figured I'd share what I've been up to and what I'm working on for this season.

Most of my free time has been taken up by my side buisiness I started, Dutch Parts Co. I work a full time job as a Product Engineer aside from this so it's been a little difficult trying to find time to make more designs but there are always a lot of requests.

Back in August I finally got around to designing a set of DPC Side Skirt Splitters for my car, so I got those prototyped and the final versions are on in 3/8" thick HDPE.

(prototype design pictured)

Sometime around October I decided this wheel setup had run its course. I love them and will always love them, but when you have to worry about loosing clearance to your calipers just by putting new pads on you start to look for other options. This is around the time that I started digging everywhere for a particular set of centers that I knew was going to be really hard to source.

When you're desperate enough for a rare spec on a set of wheels you end up making connections with people who weirdly have what you need in stock. In Europe a lot of older OEM wheels are stored for long periods of time until someone like me shows up and wants to buy them. I wish that was the case here in the US and I'm not entirely sure why it happens.

Luckily after a month or so I made contact with a guy in Russia that had them in his barn... then another guy contacted me (also from Russia) with the same set of centers in the same spec. The smart thing to do would have been to pick the best set and go with that... but I'm not that guy... so I bough both sets.

It took about a month for everything to show up, but it all finally did in multiple packages (I think it was 3 in the end) from Russia.

So, I'm not entirely sure how long I'll last keeping these a secret, but I do know what the sizes are going to be. I'm going back to tucking b/c I want to have my fenders fixed and I want to go as low as I can... driving. So, here are the sizes I'm going for:

Stock Body (This season):
                          19"x9"et45 Square (1.5" Lips)

1.5" Wide Body (Hopefully next year):
                          19"x10.5"et26 Square (3.0" Lips)

These wheels will also be up-sized with 18" centers because I think the face to lip ratio looks so good with a conversion.

Can't wait to have these built. The centers are already in the mail to Nick's B&P to have some work done.

Oh and here's two of my favorite photos with the old setup:

Comment

• HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I don't normally drop stuff but OMG that's beautiful, im sitting ummmmm'n and ahhhhhhhh'n here thinking of something to say lol
                            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• i really like this! and now you have made me want to fully ceramic polish my Equips!
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• You wouldnt care to drop a hint as to what the new wheels are would you? It will be wild seeing this car with a different look. I was so used to the futuras on it.
                                Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                                and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X