No announcement yet.

Best of Both Worlds - Disappointing Purists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a gorgeous car man! Very clean and classy.
    E36 Bonnie

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
      It stopped raining on Friday so I drove down the coast and took some pictures.

Love your car mate! I'm just getting into car photography (Loving it so far btw!) What lens are you using? Your shots looks great,

Comment

Originally posted by Mk2TinaRyan View Post
        Love your car mate! I'm just getting into car photography (Loving it so far btw!) What lens are you using? Your shots looks great,
        Pretty much everything that I shoot is with a 50mm f/1.8. The only time I use other lenses is when I'm light painting, or when I can borrow my buddy's lenses when we're shooting together. Having only one lens teaches you a lot about framing and shutter/aperture control. I would highly suggest it for people just starting out. 35mm/50mm are ideal, 80mm is also great but forces your shots to be much further away all the time and can get frustrating if there are a lot of people around.

Comment

Looks awesome man. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
            Pretty much everything that I shoot is with a 50mm f/1.8. The only time I use other lenses is when I'm light painting, or when I can borrow my buddy's lenses when we're shooting together. Having only one lens teaches you a lot about framing and shutter/aperture control. I would highly suggest it for people just starting out. 35mm/50mm are ideal, 80mm is also great but forces your shots to be much further away all the time and can get frustrating if there are a lot of people around.
            Ah right! I've got a 50mm 1.8 paired with the t2i. I'll just keep shooting with the 50 and see how i get on

Comment

One of the nicest modern Golfs around. Love it man.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

grats on the first place

you already know i love this car

it's also one of the rare classy ones!

every time you add something it truly adds something if you get that?
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by royalife View Post
                  Such a gorgeous car man! Very clean and classy.
                  Originally posted by TechnoV View Post
                  Looks awesome man. Good job.
                  Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                  One of the nicest modern Golfs around. Love it man.
                  Thanks guys.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                  grats on the first place

you already know i love this car

it's also one of the rare classy ones!

every time you add something it truly adds something if you get that?
                  haha thanks man. Yea I try to do things that will make a difference but won't be too flashy. Trying to walk that line of subtlety can be difficult sometimes.

I bought a BFI Stage 1 Dogbone Insert so I'm going to put that in tomorrow morning and see how it feels. Should improve throttle response and smoother shifting.

I'm also getting a slight clunk in the drivers side front so I'm gonna pull the wheel at the same time and see if I can't figure out where its coming from.

Comment

Went through the thread after seeing the pics on the last page. I really have a soft spot for Futuras. This is perfectly executed and even getting me to want an mk6 myself. As a BMW guy it is not often I say that about a VW.

I'm gonna take your advice about shooting with the 50mm. Your pictures are really good!
                    '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
                    instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

Sooo yesterday I got a call from my dealership and it turns out they just picked up a Stage 2 Golf R with 13k miles and wanted to return it to stock. They basically offered to trade all my OEM stuff straight up for all the hardware on their R so they can sell it in stock form rather than modified. So the car is going to the dealership (which is also an APR dealer) on Thursday to do the swap.

All in all, this is what I'm getting:
                      - CTS Turbo Golf R 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
                      - CTS Turbo MK6 Golf R Air Intake System
                      - CTS Turbo Heat Shield Golf R / FSI Specific
                      - Autotech FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit
                      - APR Stage 2+ w/ NLS & LC (Stock, 91, 93, 100) - 329WHP / 351WTQ

Can't beat going from Stage 1 to Stage 2 for $200 and saving several thousand in parts and shop time...
                      Last edited by DUTCHswift; 05-18-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

That is awesome. DAMN.

Comment

Got the 40k service done and all the parts installed. We also loaded the stage 2 software but we're having an issue with the stalk not allowing us to switch programs. We put a ticket into APR hopefully to give us a hand. I know my buddy (who's stage 2) is having the same issue. For now I'm driving on the stock tune until APR gets back to us. We're hoping we can work it out this afternoon.

Also the exhaust is catless... so there's that

Comment

Love the car and your skills with a camera!
                            Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                            www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

A few updates...

Got the Stage 2+ tune issue all ironed out. I'm not sure what wasn't working, but I went in the next day and got it switched without a problem. The OEM clutch is still holding (for now) so that's good. I'll have to keep an eye on that as it's likely to get worse when the weather starts to cool down.

I also stopped by the shop on Saturday to get my strut/jam nuts tightened down to eliminate the rattle I was getting. Feels so good to not anticipate that noise anymore. We also cut off the broken mounting tab on the downpipe so we could weld in a new exhaust hanger to mount to the sub frame and adjusted the exhaust tips so they are centered and don't stick out so much anymore.

I'm very pleased with how the car is handling and how much more fun stage 2 is. Not much more planned for this year other than a few trim additions and I still need to get my dash cubby installed that's been sitting in my work space for about a year now. :laugh:

Comment

Haven't been in here for a minute. Just some picture updates from a little while ago at First Class Fitment weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X