Best of Both Worlds - Disappointing Purists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.

I'm working on a new splitter made of HDPE so I can keep my GostKnit lip. I'm getting it wrapped in gloss black vinyl because paint just isn't going to stick to this material. I'll post some mounting photos and final install when it's done.

Comment

those futura's are absolutely perfect on there.

i like how subtle the new splitter is. should come out great once it's all black

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
      "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

My buddy Eric just sent me a few photos from when he shot my car a last weekend:

Comment

Perfection. That first shot from Eric is just insane.

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
          2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

^ This. I honestly just muttered "Damn!" under my breath here at work...

Comment

Haha thanks guys.

Got the new splitter all mounted up and bumper back on the car.

Comment

Looks great! Love your own little touches on it.

You need some side skirt extensions to go with that lip now, and maybe something on the rear bumper too!

Exotics Tuning Rear Diffuser would match quite well with that theme IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                  You need some side skirt extensions to go with that lip now, and maybe something on the rear bumper too!
                  I'm already thinking about it actually haha. If I do anything I'll make a set like I did with the lip and figure out how to use existing mounting points.

Comment

This is soooo good! The 10's fit really well haha, good job.

As for that lip.......

Comment

Nice as. Always liked the look of these. Air tempts me, the price-tag doesn't haha.

Comment

I'm a VW owner at heart, so nice to see that people still do them nicely.

Most of the MKIVs and MKVs I see now, are just facepalm material.

MK6s...even them, they're getting cheap...

Hope it's not thread-jacking, here's 2 photos of my old MKV and MK6.

MK5

MK6

Comment

Had an awesome time at Dustoff yesterday. It was the first show of the year for me and really got me optimistic about where the VW/Audi community is going. Tight knit, self policing, and supportive. We had a slight down turn in the community due to some bad apples/events over the last few years so it was refreshing to see that changing for the better. Anyway, here's a picture I found from the show:

Also, somehow I ended up winning the R class (MKIV R32, MKV R32, MKVI Golf R, & MKVII Golf R). I definitely didn't expect it as there were some seriously nice examples in our section, but it means a lot that the judges liked the car enough to pick it.

Comment

It stopped raining on Friday so I drove down the coast and took some pictures.

Comment

Your car is MK7 perfection. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
                                Your car is MK7 perfection. Seriously.
                                MK6* haha but thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X