No announcement yet.

Best of Both Worlds - Disappointing Purists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about your GTI. The R looks awesome.

Comment

My buddy and I shot each other's cars last month and we both got some awesome shots:

And his ST:

Comment

Both cars are beautiful! Your wheels and fitment are about as perfect as it gets too. Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcoatedgolfer View Post
          Awesome. I love super organised threads like this.
          +1 Car looks great man.
          My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Originally posted by lamsv View Post
            Both cars are beautiful! Your wheels and fitment are about as perfect as it gets too. Bravo!
            Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
            +1 Car looks great man.
            Thanks guys. A few updates:

Stopped by the dealership two weeks ago and got a fully loaded ECU with APR Stage 1, NLS, and Launch Control. The car doesn't feel like it's being bogged down with two people anymore so that's awesome.

Also around that time I ordered a set of Euro Golf R LED Taillights, a NewSouth Angled Vent Pod Gauge Kit w/ Blue Needle, an APR Boost Tap, and R-Line Monster Mats so I could get some of it on the car before Wolfsgart last weekend.

Prepping for Wolfsgart was a little stressful because of my short time frame to work with. I removed the airbag warning stickers from the sun visors, smoked the front bumper side markers (with 5% window tint) to hold me off until they get paint matched, and installed an air tool line to my tank in the back in case I need compressed air for filling tires or drying water off the car or whatever. All the parts I ordered were supposed to get delivered on Tuesday but got delayed to Wednesday... then to Thursday. So Thursday night I thoroughly washed the car, installed the LED Tail Lights and new .:R Line Monster Mats to replace the old GTI ones. Then I put a thick coat of wax on the car and spent the rest of the night buffing it out.

I didn't have time to get everything done before we left so I spent 3hrs polishing my lips, wiping down the interior in the parking lot of the hotel the night before the show...

Anyways... the show was awesome and it was really an honor to be in the Alpha Class hanger all weekend. They did a nice job of making it feel like a prestigious class. I still need to go through all the photos that I took over the weekend but I'll post some of my favorites on the forum when I get a chance.

Comment

Got the vent pod boost gauge and R-Line seat inserts installed. Also got the LED Tails correctly coded finally.

Comment

I never knew there was some VW purist. Your car is looking fresh! It's great. That ST is dope too. It's awesome what a drop and some wheels can do to a car.
                Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

One more:

Comment

It's going to the shop next week for the following:
                    - Passenger Side Frame Notch
                    - TyrolSport Sub Frame Bushings (Front/Rear)
                    - ZAETECH Pressure DigiGauge
                    - Front Bumper License Plate Holes Filled
                    - Painted Side Markers
                    - New Painted Tow Hook Cover
                    - Fix Hood Clear Coat

I started to get some front sub-frame clunk so I figured it was just time to get both the front and rear done and not have to worry about it anymore.

And per usual I have some more photos:

Comment

Very good looking car. The wheels and drop are so clean.

- Renato
                      TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TWM Performance View Post
                        Very good looking car. The wheels and drop are so clean.

- Renato
                        Thanks. I'm working on getting it lower and closing the lip to fender gap that the tire is eating up right now.

Comment

Dropped the R off at the shop yesterday. The bumper and hood are going to paint to get some things taken care of before H2Oi, and I'm getting the notch, air suspension digital gauge, and subframe bushings put in.

Here's a shot from this summer when my girlfriend and I visited Acadia National Park for a weekend:

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it again at H2o!

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                              Looking forward to seeing it again at H2o!
                              Saw your lips/hex caps at Eric's the other day. They're looking damn decent.

Comment

Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                                Saw your lips/hex caps at Eric's the other day. They're looking damn decent.
                                Haha those are for Tommy's MK3. I wish they were for me

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Working...
                                X