Best of Both Worlds - Disappointing Purists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
    HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I don't normally drop stuff but OMG that's beautiful, im sitting ummmmm'n and ahhhhhhhh'n here thinking of something to say lol
    Haha thank bud.

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
    i really like this! and now you have made me want to fully ceramic polish my Equips!
    Always a classic look. When I first had them refinished like that I didn't know if I was going to like them, but now I love that look.

Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
    You wouldnt care to drop a hint as to what the new wheels are would you? It will be wild seeing this car with a different look. I was so used to the futuras on it.
    No, no hints. (yet) It's more of a setup change that I'm going for. This one was the lip to fender look and I love it, but I was to be able to drive the piss out of the car more than I already do. So I want to get rid of the camber and also be able to go as low as possible. Stepping up to 19" will look really good sunk into those fenders.

Here are my measurements for the new setup:

Comment

• Always much love for this car from me. Sad to see the Futuras go but I am excited to see this at Wolfsgart on the new setup

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• New fenders have been ordered and showed up at the shop yesterday. I also had the 17" polished OZ center replacement powder cleared and that should be ready for pickup today. So plan is to go grab fenders and that center this afternoon and finish putting together last years setup.

Next week I'll be stopping by my painter's shop to figure out what it's going to run me to get my new front fenders painted, and my rear quarters fixed. They're missing some paint and are a little deformed from the staceboi fitment I had the last two years. Can't wait to clean that up.

I also have lips and barrels on order for the new wheels, but that's a 4-6 week lead time so those will be done anytime between 4/9 and 4/23. I think I have everything else I need for that wheel build except for the assembly bolts and tires. I'm trying to get OEM bolts, but I may be forced to run newer chrome ones this season if that doesn't pan out.

As for tires, I plan to run the Nitto NT555's in 225/35-19 next year. I've read great things about them and I loved their NeoGen's as I've run those for several years. Plus I'm looking for a lot more grip this year without the camber to take away from that.

I'll make sure to post photos of the 17"-18" Futura's once they're all back together and ready to be sold. Gonna be sad to see them go, but I need to pay myself back for all the cash I'm out on the new setup.

Comment

• My OZ Futura's are officially for sale:

FS: OZ Futura, 18"x10"et26, 5x112, Fully Polished (17"->18" Conversion)

Comment

• Which ceramic wheel sealant did you use for you futuras and did you like the result? Is there any particular brand you would recommend?
            Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
            and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
            S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
              Which ceramic wheel sealant did you use for you futuras and did you like the result? Is there any particular brand you would recommend?
              I used Adam's Polishes, but they didn't really do the job I was expecting. About halfway into summer I had to start polishing them again. Not sure if the product didn't function properly, or if I did something wrong when applying it. (although I followed their instructions to the letter)

If I was to do it again, I'd probably go to a place that does Ceramic Pro 9H. I have friends that had that applied by professionals and it works great.

Comment

• Just bought pads/rotors since I'm right around 80k and still on stock pads/rotors. Went with StopTech pads and Adam's Rotors all around:

StopTech Sport Front Brake Pad Set
                StopTech Sport Rear Brake Pad Set

Still waiting on lips/barrels from WheelFlip. They said Triangle was finally able to spin/cut them last week and that they should be delivered to WheelFlip today(ish).

The lips will be polished by them and then shipped out to me so I can FINALLY put these wheels together. It's f*cking June and I'm still not ready for the season...

Comment

• Can't wait to see how this turns out with the new wheels. Excited to see what they are. I loved the look of the Futuras tho.
                  '18 BMW F80 M3 San Marino blue / Amaro brown
                  instagram.com/frodedale

Comment

• Alright so since I'm such a forum junkie I figured I might as well spill the beans here first.

Way back last year I was ready to start thinking more long term on the R and since the 17" centers on the last set of Futura's weren't going to clear my brakes if I put new pads on, it was time to start looking for another alternative. I scoured the internet and ended up finally finding two full sets of 18" 5x112 original Futura centers which are damn hard to find let me tell you...

I got one of the sets refinished by Nicks B&P down in NJ. They're mirror polished with brushed faces, mirror windows, and black letters. (It's hard to get a good shot of the finish)

So once I had the new wheels in the works I decided it was time to get rid of my treasured full polished Futura's...

...but I couldn't resist the temptation to take this photo just before I let them go...

I also decided that since my setup this year was going to tuck, that my fenders and rear quarters better be crisp and clean. I had two new front fenders rolled flat and seam sealed on the lip, and had the body shop fix my rear quarters and paint everything.

After that I went to Sam's shop to figure out what size lips and barrels I was going to need, along with how tucking was going to go once we got all the parts. This was a 20" Audi wheel just for sh!ts and giggles.

I also decided to get my front bumper fixed at this time due to some overspray and overall beating it's taken. Had Pat do my grilles and GhostKnit lip at the same time to make sure everything was going to be up to par.

Then it was time to do a sanity check and to get some motivation since this process to get ready for the 2018 season has taken so damn long. Test fit the wheels and lowered the car as much as I felt comfortable on wheels that only had 5 bolts each holding them together lol.

The car will go lower than this and the wheels will clear the fenders without a problem.

After the test fit I decided I should take .100" off the inside of the barrels for peace of mind when it comes to clearance to the struts (and because I can...)

Last step was to get some new rotors and pads, because what's the point of going through all of this for the ability to work on the brakes if I don't actually do anything with the brakes? Rotors are drillled and spotted from Adam's Rotors and pads are StopTech Sport Pads.

I'll leave you with this until the next update...

Final specs on the new setup:
                    OZ Futura (Brushed Faces w/ Mirror Polished Windows & Powder Coated Clear)
                    - 19 x 9 et45 (225/35-19 Nitto NT555's)
                    - 1.5" Lips / 7.5" Barrels
                    - Reverse Mount Faces
                    - 5X112

Comment

• The rest of the world needs an update Brian

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                        The rest of the world needs an update Brian
                        Nobody seems that interested tbh...

Comment

• ^ Wrong. I purposely jumped on this forum to look up your thread to see if you had updated it. I was not disappointed! I love the wheel finish. I'm glad you kept with the Futura's, just built them to tuck and clear the brakes.

Please, more updates!

Comment

• Originally posted by lamsv View Post
                            Please, more updates!
                            Ok fine lol.

Finally got the car setup just in time for Wolfsgart last weekend.

Maxed out my low heights on the front and rear. The rear frame rails are actually sitting on the axles which I haven't heard of a 6 R doing before.

Tucking instead of fender to lip is growing on me but I think I made the right choice. Looks a lot cleaner than it ever did previously.

Here are a few photos from the show to hold over until I get some nicer HD photos.

Comment

• Perfection is achieved!

Comment

• looks so good! Also that alltrack is daily goals
                                99 GS 400
                                85' 190d
                                99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
                                97' q45 (rip)
                                ig: erik.docx

Comment

Working...
                                X