No announcement yet.

Restomod 944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision to also go AWD is bad ass. Stepping it up, much more interesting.

Comment

• More updates...today...now... Come on hommes, Mexico residents work fast...

Comment

• Originally posted by LCG View Post
        Pins go down on the piston which makes it a lot stronger.
        Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

• I kinda feel like a dik making 2WD conversions for 911's now. This is awesome.

So are you to run a C5 transaxle with a TC in front of it? Because you should.

Final question. Why no T56?

Comment

• Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
            Decision to also go AWD is bad ass. Stepping it up, much more interesting.
            Everything is experimental, but in any case if I don't fit I will adventure into radio control.

Originally posted by SmoothArchi View Post
            More updates...today...now... Come on hommes, Mexico residents work fast...
            We are not as quick on this side of the border

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
            Sorry I'm not really qualified to explain it in detail, but it all has to be with compression height and overall strength of the rotating assembly. All together gives the piston the opportunity to have a lower pin position yielding a thicker top ring land.

I made a pic for you because you are so special to me.

Originally posted by white out View Post
            I kinda feel like a dik making 2WD conversions for 911's now. This is awesome.

So are you to run a C5 transaxle with a TC in front of it? Because you should.

Final question. Why no T56?
            I know, you should! but the grass is always greener on the other side.
            I just want to be able to floor my car and actually gain speed instead of occupying 4 lanes of the highway trying to go straight while barely moving.

The transaxle will be quite a project itself.
            I want to remove the tail of the TC and custom shaft it directly to a C6 diff case ( for overall length reduction purposes). That alone makes me shiver in both excitement and fear.

No manual because I want go quick for real

Comment

• any news?
              PORSCHE turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by morghen View Post
                any news?
                Not exciting ones, as I said earlier, I won't do anything major to the car till I switch houses, which will happen in December.

But to keep this going I got some well oversized brakes, this bastards are HUGE and very light compared to other 6potters. I was not planning to buy brakes anytime soon as I may never actually need them but God they were cheap.

Yep that empty space was to put something to scale from. I only had home made cookies around so that was useless. So I immediately forgot, took the picture and stored them back on a box for the next 16 years.

In other good news I have not lost any body parts running the mill. I'm getting a lot of seat time and a lot of pixie dust in EVERY millimeter of the house. I swear MDF dust will get to places you don't even know exist, like your lungs.

I have done a lot of "artistic" stuff, and a lot of mistakes too, I will snap some pictures of my creations and share them so your inner (or outer if you drive a miata) hipster artist can have a go on criticism.

Also, I got the welder out of the box.

And that is actually all I have done with it. There is a part of me that says -Come on lets weld!. and there is the other part of me that says -Come on don't be stupid just wait till you have 220v.

It has been quite an internal drama for me, but the mill/daughter keep me busy.

And yes, of course I sit in the garage and walk around the porsche every now and then thinking how and why.

Comment

• What to say, a very special car, no writers block by the owner and making progress as we speak on the build while experimenting with options.

How not to enjoy this!

Subbed!

Comment

• Originally posted by LCG View Post

And that is actually all I have done with it. There is a part of me that says -Come on lets weld!. and there is the other part of me that says -Come on don't be stupid just wait till you have 220v.
                    DO EET! Just have someone close to switch the circuit breaker
                    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

• If this works out the way you plan, you'll literally have the best build thread ever. Keep up the updates, they're golden.
                      1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

• My visualisation of Dr. F.

And the savage goat:

Better than any book I've read so far.
                        Last edited by loekaaz; 09-22-2015, 06:39 AM.
                        Lucas
                        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                        Originally posted by LCG
                        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suburuuh View Post
                          What to say, a very special car, no writers block by the owner and making progress as we speak on the build while experimenting with options.

How not to enjoy this!

Subbed!
                          The progress as we speak is a generous term, welcome aboard!

Originally posted by Motoman325 View Post
                          DO EET! Just have someone close to switch the circuit breaker
                          Is not just that, but this house is way old, EVERYTHING is on 2x20amp breakers, when the fridge compressor kicks in, lights flicker, when the dryer starts, lights flicker, you get the idea.

Originally posted by Grime View Post
                          If this works out the way you plan, you'll literally have the best build thread ever. Keep up the updates, they're golden.
                          Nothing ever works the way we plan but I will try.

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                          Better than any book I've read so far.
                          The goat looks par on what I imagined.

Comment

• This is everything I could ever want in a build thread. I'm in love.

Comment

• This is your fault.

Comment

• Have you destroyed any awd systems with those yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X