No announcement yet.

Restomod 944

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found Doctor F! He's on youtube! And he's a ginger!

Especially from 6:52 it will make you cringe

Doctor F's Youtube how to f*ckup a car DYI
    Last edited by loekaaz; 07-21-2017, 05:33 AM.
    Lucas
    Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
    Originally posted by LCG
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Hey LCG I'm gonna be an adult before you update his thread

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• 2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
          I found Doctor F! He's on youtube! And he's a ginger!

Especially from 6:52 it will make you cringe
          I have been watching his videos for a quite a while and yes, a lot of hackery happens on that channel. Maybe Dr. F Jr. survived the goat attack and is living the "dream".

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          Hey LCG I'm gonna be an adult before you update his thread
          pfftttttt... pfftttttttt. phhhhfffttttt.... maybe...

But just to be sure.. Are we talking the adult kind of being 18 or the adult kind of having so much responsibilities that you can't do anything in life anymore?
          Last edited by loekaaz; 03-30-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Being 18.. I'm still 17. I already have so many responsibilities that I can't even buy the lowest grade E36 coilovers for my shit Mercedes that barely runs. But that's life. I'm gonna keep waiting don't worry, you're lucky you hooked a large audience with that render I wish people cared about my render, anyways Ta Ta and buena suerte amigo.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid

Comment

• 2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

• Shit.. wrong thread update...

This car is still dead...
                Last edited by LCG; 07-20-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• No you didn't... Nooo noooooooo CLICKBAIT!

Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid

Comment

• That was the SW equivalent of blue balls...

Comment

• it was an honest mistake

Comment

• Comment

• Well, fuk.

Comment

• Most entertaining Porsche build thread just on writing alone. That post about the center caps was an emotional rollercoaster.

Comment

• April Fools!..

nahh not really.. well sorta... This update has 3 purposes:

1.- Let you know that I'm still here, not that like 280z guy that left us.
                                2.- Update status on the car
                                3.- Give you Welding 102

I was not going to post this but if you find it entertaining thank JPK.

-----------------------

THE UGLY DUCKLING

When we moved to the new house, the porsche stayed at the old house…

When you move out you only carry all your hundreds of “we have nothing” boxes, cars ready for the junkyard don't really cut it into the first trips.

The owners let me keep the car there until they rented the place, so it sat there with a bunch of car parts…

Yet one day, they rented the house and my stuff had to be taken out..

I did not have a problem with this as I knew it was going to happen eventually.

The catch? Immediately.

I really was not prepared for Immediately, add that to the fact that I’m not capable of acting immediately myself .

I ring a friend that has a friend that owns tow trucks, I ask him to ask his friend if he would transport a wheelless car shell.

He said yes but would not take responsibility for any damage..

I kinda cringed and he suggested to make a dolly.

On my super short notice I asked one of the welders at work to make a frame and I ran off to home depot for some casters.

I get the frame and casters welded and head off to the old house..

Get everything out from inside and under the car to start the cleaning operation.

Loaded everything spare on the back of the expedition. Placed the car on the dolly and tried to give it a wash…

I was kinda nervous for neighbors at the new house to think I was going to start a junkyard in my garage so I did what any mafia boss would do to hide such thing…

Yep.. I first thought of buying a car cover but none were available at a reasonable price so I ended up buying a bunch of black painters plastic and black duct tape…

I guess this thing is ready for the bottom of the river now.

I call the tow guys and tell them Im ready.

By now I just put the dolly under the car and wrapped it but did not really tried to move it.

To my surprise it did not want to move at all.. Yeah I guess those cheapo home depot casters were not meant to roll on that weight nor on that type of floor.

I'm fucked.. This thing doesn't roll and the garage door doesn't open because one of the springs collapsed while no one lived there ( thankfully ).

I call my brother which lives like 3 blocks away from there and ask for help..

He comes and we both make a super job of moving it to the smaller garage door which opens.

I say thanks and he leaves… Tow truck arrives like 10m later…

Tow truck guy says that the car is too near the garage door and we should take it a bit backwards to not block traffic while loading the car ( it's a very transited street )..

I kid you not.. We start pushing it back and the back casters just destroy itselves. All ball bearings out and the caster mounts crush into the floor…

One of those frustration points where you just put your hands in your hair and pull hard backwards… If you are bald you may scream instead.

I look at the tow guy and ask him how much he cares for his aluminum bed…

-Do you have a jack? he replies…

I only have a 10 buck chinese jack with me now… ( expedition jack ).

-Lets try something…

So I take the ugly duckling out and lift the rear..

He takes out a pair of shitbig lumbers and use them as skateboards..

Saves the day… The ugly duckling I mean…

We do the same on the unloading and the porsche gets to its new house of death..

Some days after I go and buy proper casters for it, and play around in it, I guess these are the only wheels it will have in a long time…

That was back in October last year...
                                This is the new posh life the Porsche is living.

And now...

WELDING 102

Welding 101 was posted October 2015!
                                By the amount of 0 interest on Welding 102 I present to you, yeah that is right.

Welding 102!

I will not tell you my excuses on why it took so long to actually weld so lets just get into it.

but first #2... disclaimer:
                                - I am an expert in the matter, in the matter of not knowing how to weld that is, so if you have a problem or a suggestion on why or how I should be doing my learning feel free to let me know.

I have 0 experience welding, ever, all of my knowledge has come from watching youtube guides on how to tig weld, much thanks to those that invest their time in making those guides because without them I sure would be behind a desk working my ass off to crack a nut with my solid gold nut cracker because I would have done my work instead of watching youtube.

First of all, pull out everything again.

It feels like it is the third time I do this, because it is... at least now we are at a place with common sense in the electrical supply.

I mean, look at this thing, an electric panel? wow...

and that is an electric panel just for the welder, now compare that to the "electric panel" at the old house.

and if you think, man that is not bad those are 60 amps, mind you the whole house was on one and a 1hp water pump motor was on the other. It was one of those houses when you turned on something the whole lights would dim for a second.

anyway, I then proceeded to remove the panel because I had no 220v plugs.
                                too anxious to wait another day.

I bought this welder back in 2010 IIRC. It took 5 years ( Welding 101 in 2015 ) for me to take it out of the box and took another 3 years ( 2018 ) for me to actually make an attempt at welding.

So this welder is obviously out of warranty and never has been turned on, nor tested when I picked it up at the shop so you can understand my fear.

I always joked about it not turning on but honestly, back when I bought an overpowered welder (for me) I was single, did not have kids, nor had house bills to pay.

Today I live on the opposite side of life so replacing this welder with a comparable unit would be impossible for me…

So I stand there, nervous to hit the ON switch on the welder, kinda like when we were at school and the teacher would put your graded test upside down on your desk…

You don’t want to flip it...

You think that if you don’t flip it, somehow, the fact that not knowing your grade will make it higher.

Some of you may even have showed it to a friend to see the look of his face to kinda give you a hint of your miserable future.

I would however turn this switch alone, having someone know that the welder that I purchased, never tested and now out of warranty will not work was too much to handle.

Flipped the switch.

THANK YOU GOD…

It however makes a nasty sound, scared, immediately turned it OFF and went to the internetz…

Turns out automatic sensing ( voltage ) inverter machines make that nasty sound…

All good!

Ok then now I needed a welding table.

Chill madafaka, I know this is not a “welding table” that you expect, but is the only table I have..

Since I would like to fabricate my own welding table this will have to do till I learn how to glue steel together on a proper safe way. Don’t laugh, normally I would wait till I get a proper welding table to weld but that is exactly our problem, some of us never will be prepared enough to do the simplest task just because we don’t have the “correct” tool…

But now after 2 years of therapy I will gladly take this piece of wood to facilitate my learning experience.

Next on the list was a tungsten grinder, many options around, but with amazon growing so big I just bought one of those small sized bench grinders.

You will also need a welding helmet, did a lot of research on this one as a lot of people say that you don’t go cheap on this one… So I didn’t…

Bought a box of 3/32 2% thoriated tungstens, some flappers for the grinder and a bunch of stock in small pieces complete the learning package at this point.

You can also appreciate my welding table top with integrated ground antenna.

Sharpened all the tungstens, because everyone said that when learning tig you dip it a lot, keep some tostitos around.

Cup #7 because now one cares to tell you what to use because its so dumb that you should know it right?... WRONG.. For us, noobs, wanting to learn… the simplest things are the things we need the most!

Is Cup #7 right or wrong? Who knows.

Ok get ready for welding now!!!

My first welding omg I'm not even nervous now, I just want to get into it!

And I did.

Not what I expected, but yet.. It was the only outcome possible with a closed gas bottle…. *facepalm

I open the argon bottle and continue…

Hey that is not so bad considering how difficult everyone says tig is.. I might be good at something for once!

I continue with another 2 pieces

Meeh this welding beads with no filler are not that hard.. Maybe I will try some filler…

OOOOOOKKKKKKK.. Maybe not… not quite ready for that yet. Easy topgun… lets get back to no filler beads.

Hmm not bad again, maybe if we try filler again?

Man just keep doing beads, everyone says its the way to go…

But no one is watching…

Ok Ok.. go filler again…

Hmmmm… not great but kinda better…

What if we try to weld things together?

Already??? That is like step 40 on the learning how to tig plan..

Meeeeh lets try..

Haha looks like you are chewing the metal together you topgun..

Ok ok… again?

Hmm sure why not…

I do not know how to feel about this.. Looks kinda good for 10 minutes of welding experience..

Maybe we should ask an expert..

That is a good idea.. Do you know anyone?

No…

Ok… get more stock then..

PS

Remember when back in Welding 101 I sarcasm’ed UV tanning as part of tig welding…

Well no matter how much you look at 44 bikes guy tig welding in a t-shirt and flipflops.. Wear some fucking sunscreen or get a proper jacket..

Comment

Working...
                                X