No announcement yet.

Clich-E36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good! Can't wait to see it with the LTW flag.

That steering wheel is perfect, and the Arc 8s look great too! Maybe I'll bump into you somewhere! I live like an hour North.
    -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
    '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
    '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Originally posted by extra_slick View Post
      I really like your wheels and the overall look. Paint looks very good in the sun and I like the steering wheel.
      Thanks Man!

Originally posted by TheLonelyRice View Post
      Defintely have two good looking cars there. For your camera I would recommend getting a nice 50 mm vintage prime lens as well. Only problem with that is you need to shoot in manual.
      Thanks, and I'll look into it, been trying to practice a lot in manual.

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      Looks good! Can't wait to see it with the LTW flag.

That steering wheel is perfect, and the Arc 8s look great too! Maybe I'll bump into you somewhere! I live like an hour North.
      Thanks! I think the flag will be hit or miss, hopefully it looks good. I'll be going to some shows around this summer so we may definitely bump into each other.

@projects_always

Comment

Very nice car, like that you didn't do the m3 bumper. Even in my country they are played out. And those wheels! I love them!!!
        Facebook Sander Zuurbier
        Instagram sanderz28

Twingo RS

Comment

Originally posted by SanderZ View Post
          Very nice car, like that you didn't do the m3 bumper. Even in my country they are played out. And those wheels! I love them!!!

Thanks man! Yeah glad I kept it, almost went m3 several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@projects_always

Comment

This isn't exactly in chronological order but still wanted to post up some progress...

Let's start with the rear diff. Ditched the open 2.91 for a 3.38 LSD out of an automatic sedan. Maybe the best mod on the car so far.

Old

New, all buttoned up with new seals, gaskets, and fresh redline

My rear window trim was looking pretty bad, new trim is like $30 and 10 minutes worth of work, wish more things were so cheap and easy!

Old

New

Door handle gaskets were also in pretty bad shape, the car spent a good amount of time living in Houston and the sun took it's toll.

Old, not my pic but this is what they looked like.

New

The PO of my car cut all of the headlight wiring harnesses when he installed HID's. Bugged the crap out of me so I decided to just buy an entire e36 wiring harness which has come in handy several times. Soldered the factory wiring back onto the harness and ditched the HID's for now. Might eventually do a retrofit and I just scored some brand new ZKW lenses which I have yet to get on.

When I replaced the cooling system and put in the Zionsville shroud and electric fan, I wired it to the high temp temperature sensor...but neither my aux fan or radiator fan would work. Took a while to figure out but the PO had the wrong fan relays in the fuse box...wtf. Buying the harness came in handy again as it had the correct relays.

I also put in an override switch so I can flip the fan on anytime I want...the red rocker switch is wired to my city lights.

When I changed interior colors my old tan, sagging headliner looked awful and had to change. Cliché I know, but had to do the black suede. Also had to buy new black visors, grab handles etc. to completely change colors.

And that about does it for this update...more changes to come. Just picked up a M50 manifold so hopefully M3 cams and a tune will come soon. Then it will be time to build some nicer wheels! Here is a recent pic.

Last edited by cblock406; 05-01-2016, 07:15 PM.

@projects_always

Comment

Since I picked up the Techno M3 I haven't really touched the 328 much but have been trying to accumulate some parts over the winter.

This weekend I plan to flush the brake and transmission fluid, new fuel filter, new cabin filter, get my zkw lenses and laminx on, repaint my rock chipped nose panel, install my new OEM fender liners, and change from a front 12mm spacer to a 10. It's not much but I think the 2mm will give me a bit more clearance. Also plan to get the flag on sometime soon.

This isn't stanceworks material but here are a couple pics of the M3. I've been having a lot of fun with this car getting it sorted out and driving it. It's nice to be able to hop in and not worry about roads, speed bumps, drive ways etc. lol

@projects_always

Comment

beautiful, techno violet is my favorite.

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
                2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

Originally posted by OEM+ sluts View Post
                  beautiful, techno violet is my favorite.
                  Thank you, loving your Alpine!

@projects_always

Comment

Replaced my cabin filter this weekend, not too horribly dirty but still kind of gross.

Started getting my new wheel well liners installed. Found this hiding behind them!

After that I took my pressure washer to the whole underside and started to do some cleaning.

Luckily they don't salt the roads where I live and I don't really drive this car in wet weather if I don't have to, but still hit behind the wheel well liners with some POR 15.

Liners back on.

Then finally got my ZKW lenses installed. Love these things, just can't beat the quality.

Not into the angel eye look but I love the city lights.

I'm always curious about what people have as daily's that have build threads here. This is our workhorse, a 98 4Runner Limited with E-locker. At some point this will get lifted and have some goodies installed.

@projects_always

Comment

Love the Hellrot! Really clean and you should def keep these wheels..

IG: EmirKai
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81538

Comment

Originally posted by emir View Post
                        Love the Hellrot! Really clean and you should def keep these wheels..
                        Thanks man! Your M3 is looking clean as well.

@projects_always

Comment

If anyone is following my hooptie, took some pics a while back that turned out okay. Still learning on my camera so pretty amateur quality.

Got all of the above done and also finally got my rear tint off with a steamer and didn't mess up my defroster! Looks sooo much cleaner now.

Gross

@projects_always

Comment

Not a big e36 fan, but this is really good. I like how simple it is.

You should really get a mod to change the title. It reminds me of clit+clinch=clich instead of cliché.

edit: clit clincher? Fuck man, I really need things to do besides coming up with shit on s/w.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Your build makes me want to start doing things to my E36 since i havent touched my E39 in for ever. Such a clean build.
                              E36 Bonnie

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                                Not a big e36 fan, but this is really good. I like how simple it is.

You should really get a mod to change the title. It reminds me of clit+clinch=clich instead of cliché.

edit: clit clincher? Fuck man, I really need things to do besides coming up with shit on s/w.
                                Oh man, that made me crack up in the middle of work! That's what I get for trying to be clever and thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by royalife View Post
                                Your build makes me want to start doing things to my E36 since i havent touched my E39 in for ever. Such a clean build.
                                Thanks man. Every time I ride in my buddies E39 I can't get over how much better the interior quality is, makes my e36 feel like a 20 year old Kia.

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                                X