Clich-E36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clich-E36

Hey There, I know there are tons of super nice E36's on here so I'm sort of reluctantly posting mine as I'm sure it won't be to everyone's liking, but just thought I would share a little of my build so far as I've been lurking and admiring on this site for a long time:

This car is a 97 328i and is my fourth E36 I've had (just can't help myself I guess )

When I first got it a couple of years ago, had some mods like TC Kline coilovers, AA exhaust, SSK, etc:

Cranked down the coilovers a bit and did a bunch of maintenance that I didn't document...Stewart Water pump and all new cooling components, 3.38 LSD swap. Fixed a bunch of wiring (the PO cut the headlight connections and some other stuff so I just bought a whole E36 wiring harness and started fixing things) wired up my city lights and changed to Ambers etc. I was pretty happy for a little while.

This winter I addressed my horribly ugly interior which went from this:

To This

I also got some coilovers and wheels this winter

17x9.5 Square Arc 8's. I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea around here, especially since they aren't BBS, but I've always loved them.

Broadway's

This last weekend I fixed a broken sway bar mount by cutting bottoms off the new and old and welded them back together, then sealed it up with a layer of JB weld I had laying around.

Not pretty but it will get the job done!

I also swapped out my steering rack for a 330i yellow tag unit

All new reservoir and lines

And then finally gave my wheels and tires a test fit (still on old suspension) running a 15mm spacer in the rear and 12mm on the front.

This weekend I will be getting the Broadways on and dialing in the suspension. It may not be as low as everyone's liking, but hopefully it will be a nice balance of decent meat with a nice low stance.

Thanks for looking!

@projects_always

looks good bro!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

I need a set of broadways in my life.

car is coming together nicely
      This is my signature

Comment

Damn the fitment on the front is incredible! Mind If I ask what tyres you're running and if you know the offset of the wheels?

Subbed for another red E36, looks like you're heading in the right direction

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Verdigrie View Post
          Damn the fitment on the front is incredible! Mind If I ask what tyres you're running and if you know the offset of the wheels?

Subbed for another red E36, looks like you're heading in the right direction
          ^This
          Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Originally posted by Verdigrie View Post
            Thanks fellas, I have a 12mm spacer front and 15mm rear making it et 23 and et 20. Tires are 235/40/17.
            Last edited by cblock406; 05-19-2015, 10:02 AM.

@projects_always

Comment

Thanks for the info man and for indicating that it's your effective ET you're giving.

Anyway, I'll avoid derailing things. Looking forward to see what you do next.

Comment

Here is the car maxed out on the TC Klines. I'm installing the Broadways today so hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have the suspension all dialed in. I'm hoping with some more camber and some more lows I can keep the same offsets.

I also took out my DJ Auto's and threw in my ZKW's and went back to halogens. Got some LED Ambers for my city lights that look pretty sick.

@projects_always

Comment

I **** to be that guy, but I happen to sell a sticker that says Cliché lol.

Also this e36 is amazing, excited to see more lows and a touch of camber!

Comment

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                    Here is the car maxed out on the TC Klines. I'm installing the Broadways today so hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have the suspension all dialed in. I'm hoping with some more camber and some more lows I can keep the same offsets.

I also took out my DJ Auto's and threw in my ZKW's and went back to halogens. Got some LED Ambers for my city lights that look pretty sick.

Im liking this
                    Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Thanks guys! Broadway's are on now, tomorrow I'll post some pics once I have everything adjusted properly, pretty excited with how it turned out!

@projects_always

Comment

Coilovers are on! Sway bar is mounted!!! I've never driven this car with a front sway bar lol so I'm pretty excited to get it all finished up and aligned.

I filled up the mount with expanding spray foam so dirt can't get back inside and fill it up.

@projects_always

Comment

Man I cant get over that front fitment, I love it when you can see the front tires from head on. Better yet that they're meaty and purposeful.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks with the new coilovers. Are you planning on going much lower?

Comment

Thanks! Yeah I plan to go as low as possible without having clearance issues. It will definitely be lower than it was with the TCK's. I was tired yesterday and didn't even touch the car. Tonight after work I'll start getting everything adjusted.
                            Last edited by cblock406; 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM.

@projects_always

Comment

Well I think I've got the front just about dialed in. I added some more camber and lowered it some more. I can turn lock to lock without rubbing so I'm hoping this will be how the front fitment will stay, we will see once I get the back done and take it for some test drives. Sorry all of my pics are pretty terrible, once the car is done hopefully I'll get some proper ones taken.

Some wheel bling...

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                              X