Thread: Someone Spray Painted S*** on my Car

Default Someone Spray Painted S*** on my Car

Hey guys,
    I parked in a bad part of Philly and some dick sprayed graffiti on my hood and fender. I can't get it painted yet (more on that later) so I decided to just plastidip the parts black.

As I applied the dip (rustoleum brand), the graffiti started cracking underneath. I tapped one of the sections with my finger and the graffiti peeled off and I could see my original red underneath. So I sprayed the whole hood in plastidip since it was removing the graffiti. Turned out it only took the graffiti off in certain areas so my car looks like shit now. I took most of the dip off with paint thinner so I have sections of graffiti and dip left.

I'd like to get the whole car painted, but there are two problems:
    1) paint is waaaay out of budget. I don't know anyone who does it either.
    2) my bumpers are cracked and I can't find clean RX7 FC bumpers anywhere.

Is there a way to get the remaining graffiti off? I already spent $50 on self washes and supplies...

Try WD-40 instead of paint thinner, it should take off the spray paint and not damage your original paint underneath. You'll need to use a lot of elbow grease

What should I be scrubbing with?

That sucks man. There are a couple of RX-7 shops near me in Queens. I can go check if they have any bumpers for you.

If you're interested, contact me later with the specifics and we can go from there. I think that I will get the phone notification if you respond to the thread. That way you're not sitting around waiting for a response.

Later

D

If I remember right, WD40 will work, I believe brake cleaner can work, I heard gasoline can also work, but will leave the OEM paint a little foggy, the other option is "Goof-off" I used it to remove some tint on my tails, not sure how it will react to your hardened/sealed OEM paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by projectmaxspeed View Post
    well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
    and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Quote Originally Posted by Expire View Post
    If I remember right, WD40 will work, I believe brake cleaner can work, I heard gasoline can also work, but will leave the OEM paint a little foggy, the other option is "Goof-off" I used it to remove some tint on my tails, not sure how it will react to your hardened/sealed OEM paint.
    If Goof-Off works like Goo-Gone... do NOT use. That will eat through the clearcoat. I found out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by UNF0RGIVEN View Post
    That sucks man. There are a couple of RX-7 shops near me in Queens. I can go check if they have any bumpers for you.

If you're interested, contact me later with the specifics and we can go from there. I think that I will get the phone notification if you respond to the thread. That way you're not sitting around waiting for a response.

Later

D
    That would be awesome dude! I have an S5, and I need both bumpers and just the rubber strips that go down the sides of the car.

Also, I forgot to mention that my car is completely faded thanks to a shit rattlecan job by the PO to what I assume is to hide shitty body repairs so I'm not worried about the paint underneath, I just don't want to go down to metal and have something rust

Quote Originally Posted by KLDE View Post
    That would be awesome dude! I have an S5, and I need both bumpers and just the rubber strips that go down the sides of the car.

Also, I forgot to mention that my car is completely faded thanks to a shit rattlecan job by the PO to what I assume is to hide shitty body repairs so I'm not worried about the paint underneath, I just don't want to go down to metal and have something rust
    If I just say S5, they will know what year this is for? PM me your contact info. I will text you pics and prices if I find anything.

dont want to damage the look if it anymore than already is

Sand down the graffiti and then polish the paint underneath

Yeah a good buff would get rid of the spray paint no problem and bring it back down to clear coat. You could also try doing a light power wash.

should have just sanded the fender and then sprayed it with plasti dip. but since youre already knee deep. id just find a new fender from a junkyard and use that one. also a word of advice. paint is dead man wrap is lyfe. get laid not sprayed ;P
    @davidcharloff

Depending how much paint is left - you may be able to clay it off. I hear it works wonders for spray paint overspray (according to an Amazon reviewer).

I'd try a high grit wetsand (1000-1500-2000), then compound, polish, wax if it's on there pretty well.
    Should be safe if the original is a rattle can jobbie anyways!

extra_slick is offline Do you even racecar bro? StanceWorks Visitor

I'd clay, wetsand, but, buff, polish, and seal. Should work.
    2016 WRX
    E39s are forever in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by extra_slick View Post
    I'd clay, wetsand, but, buff, polish, and seal. Should work.
    Considering this thread being almost two years old, I guess the grafitti already weathered off the car if he didn't fix it alread.....
    Lucas
    Daily: 2002 BMW 320i Touring . . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2010 Audi A1 1.4TFSi S-tronic
    Quote Originally Posted by LCG View Post
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

time to get some ceramic coating!