Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Someone Spray Painted S*** on my Car

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default Someone Spray Painted S*** on my Car

    Hey guys,
    I parked in a bad part of Philly and some dick sprayed graffiti on my hood and fender. I can't get it painted yet (more on that later) so I decided to just plastidip the parts black.

    As I applied the dip (rustoleum brand), the graffiti started cracking underneath. I tapped one of the sections with my finger and the graffiti peeled off and I could see my original red underneath. So I sprayed the whole hood in plastidip since it was removing the graffiti. Turned out it only took the graffiti off in certain areas so my car looks like shit now. I took most of the dip off with paint thinner so I have sections of graffiti and dip left.

    I'd like to get the whole car painted, but there are two problems:
    1) paint is waaaay out of budget. I don't know anyone who does it either.
    2) my bumpers are cracked and I can't find clean RX7 FC bumpers anywhere.

    Is there a way to get the remaining graffiti off? I already spent $50 on self washes and supplies...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    2,411

    Default

    Try WD-40 instead of paint thinner, it should take off the spray paint and not damage your original paint underneath. You'll need to use a lot of elbow grease

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    What should I be scrubbing with?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    36

    Default

    That sucks man. There are a couple of RX-7 shops near me in Queens. I can go check if they have any bumpers for you.

    If you're interested, contact me later with the specifics and we can go from there. I think that I will get the phone notification if you respond to the thread. That way you're not sitting around waiting for a response.

    Later

    D

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    156

    Default

    If I remember right, WD40 will work, I believe brake cleaner can work, I heard gasoline can also work, but will leave the OEM paint a little foggy, the other option is "Goof-off" I used it to remove some tint on my tails, not sure how it will react to your hardened/sealed OEM paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by projectmaxspeed View Post
    well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades


    That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
    and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expire View Post
    If I remember right, WD40 will work, I believe brake cleaner can work, I heard gasoline can also work, but will leave the OEM paint a little foggy, the other option is "Goof-off" I used it to remove some tint on my tails, not sure how it will react to your hardened/sealed OEM paint.
    If Goof-Off works like Goo-Gone... do NOT use. That will eat through the clearcoat. I found out the hard way.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UNF0RGIVEN View Post
    That sucks man. There are a couple of RX-7 shops near me in Queens. I can go check if they have any bumpers for you.

    If you're interested, contact me later with the specifics and we can go from there. I think that I will get the phone notification if you respond to the thread. That way you're not sitting around waiting for a response.

    Later

    D
    That would be awesome dude! I have an S5, and I need both bumpers and just the rubber strips that go down the sides of the car.

    Also, I forgot to mention that my car is completely faded thanks to a shit rattlecan job by the PO to what I assume is to hide shitty body repairs so I'm not worried about the paint underneath, I just don't want to go down to metal and have something rust

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KLDE View Post
    That would be awesome dude! I have an S5, and I need both bumpers and just the rubber strips that go down the sides of the car.

    Also, I forgot to mention that my car is completely faded thanks to a shit rattlecan job by the PO to what I assume is to hide shitty body repairs so I'm not worried about the paint underneath, I just don't want to go down to metal and have something rust
    If I just say S5, they will know what year this is for? PM me your contact info. I will text you pics and prices if I find anything.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1

    Default

    dont want to damage the look if it anymore than already is

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma WA
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Sand down the graffiti and then polish the paint underneath

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brambleton, VA
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Yeah a good buff would get rid of the spray paint no problem and bring it back down to clear coat. You could also try doing a light power wash.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    119

    Default

    should have just sanded the fender and then sprayed it with plasti dip. but since youre already knee deep. id just find a new fender from a junkyard and use that one. also a word of advice. paint is dead man wrap is lyfe. get laid not sprayed ;P
    @davidcharloff

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Depending how much paint is left - you may be able to clay it off. I hear it works wonders for spray paint overspray (according to an Amazon reviewer).

    I'd try a high grit wetsand (1000-1500-2000), then compound, polish, wax if it's on there pretty well.
    Should be safe if the original is a rattle can jobbie anyways!

  14. #14
    extra_slick's Avatar
    extra_slick is offline Do you even racecar bro? StanceWorks Visitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    55

    Default

    I'd clay, wetsand, but, buff, polish, and seal. Should work.
    2016 WRX
    E39s are forever in my heart.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Beemster, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extra_slick View Post
    I'd clay, wetsand, but, buff, polish, and seal. Should work.
    Considering this thread being almost two years old, I guess the grafitti already weathered off the car if he didn't fix it alread.....
    Lucas
    Daily: 2002 BMW 320i Touring . . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2010 Audi A1 1.4TFSi S-tronic
    Quote Originally Posted by LCG View Post
    High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default

    time to get some ceramic coating!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •