Vice City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
    Don't get me wrong, your car is fantastic and I love it, really clean and all that. But what's the point of making a S|W thread if you're not going low?
    I also was wondering if this thread had a it's place on stancework. All the other "not so stance" car he showed actualy do have a very race-oriented stance. And most are caged and race-oriented build.

That said, while not "stanced" like we are used to see, I feel like this thread still have it's place. The whole OEM+ for the sissis that can't go all out (j/k) still look good and I think we can all appreciate it nontheless. I would love some real low action, but it's not gonna happen here. Thats too bad but I've come to peace of mind with it.

Well that makes me wonder whats next? You are done with the build?
    Ruining cars since 2006 yo

Comment

• I like your style. Keep doing what you're doing man.

@austin_norton | @nortoncollect
      2013 Mk6 | 1999 E36

Comment

• Originally posted by Meeve View Post
        I also was wondering if this thread had a it's place on stancework. All the other "not so stance" car he showed actualy do have a very race-oriented stance. And most are caged and race-oriented build.

That said, while not "stanced" like we are used to see, I feel like this thread still have it's place. The whole OEM+ for the sissis that can't go all out (j/k) still look good and I think we can all appreciate it nontheless. I would love some real low action, but it's not gonna happen here. Thats too bad but I've come to peace of mind with it.

Well that makes me wonder whats next? You are done with the build?

My last car couldn't go over speed bumps in anyway. Dodging potholes and shitty roads made me drive the car less and less until It just sat in the garage because It was just too much trouble. It was fun to drive on new flat pavement, until you get about 4 miles and the roads either have gorges every 100 ft or dips in the pavement that make a wheel or two come off the ground.

Im not done with this car. I havn't even touched the engine bay yet, or started looking for manual swap parts.

I go to school and work full time and cringe when I buy any part at all. Expensive wheels and suspension are just not going to happen. Low won't happen because I can't afford to fix broken pans and everything else that goes wrong.

I like the wheels I've chosen, I like the way the suspension feels and looks, the inside of the car feels, looks, and smells clean. Its just a nice, small car from the 80's that I bought for $500.

I try to keep the build as cheap and affordable as possible without skimping on quality. I could've spent money on cheap ESM wheels that look like BBS. But I bought a set of OEM 7 series wheels made by BBS that I got for really, really cheap instead. Yea I could've not bought all the stuff I have so far and could have money for air suspension, or CCW's, but the car wouldn't run, because I'd have no money to fix what was initially wrong.

I like the car.
        I like what I've done.
        Im excited to keep going.
        As much as I explain how the car isn't going to be slammed and why Im not, people just keep crying about it. Go buy yourself a $500 BMW and do it yourself so you can be happy.
        Last edited by oprahhwinfreyy; 10-14-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• ^^+1^^ My car isn't "stanced" but I like where its at, (mine needs a tiny bit lower in the front, but I need more suspension travel to do that...) the e30 is built to be driven, and I'm certainly not going to lower mine to the point that I can't haul butt down that windy road that is beckoning me!

Build the car that YOU want!
          -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
          '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
          '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• thats fair enough, i'll mention again though that i like your car

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
              Don't get me wrong, your car is fantastic and I love it, really clean and all that. But what's the point of making a S|W thread if you're not going low?

Stance is how well the tires/wheels fit, not how low the oil pan is.
              Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
              well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
              and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Expire View Post
                Stance is how well the tires/wheels fit, not how low the oil pan is.
                I am aware of this, but sometimes dropping the car helps with the fit

Comment

• Pressure washed the engine bay. Barely even scratched the surface of the caked on oil and dirt.
                  Im also getting a lift installed in my shop soon so I'm going to go ahead and start collecting manual swap parts.

If any of you know anyone selling any manual swap parts let me know.

Also getting my new fender painted soon.

BMW E30 325

BMW E30 325

BMW E30 325

Canon 5D MKIII
                  Canon 50mm F/1.4
                  Natural Light

Comment

• Tore the front end apart so I could get that busted fender off. Then repainted the bumper trim and blacked out the kidneys and headlight trim rings.

BMW

While the fender has been off at paint, we started installing the lift. Super excited to get this thing in.

Comment

• awesome as usual! love the photos too

Comment

• Loving everything about this! Keep doing you and build it how you want it.

Do what makes you happy, not what makes people on this thread happy.

Comment

• nice!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• I got new odometer gears from Garagistic and replaced them today. The old ones were soft and melted. They literally broke apart pulling them off the spindles.

BMW

BMW

BMW

BMW

BMW

Comment

• A very heavy package showed up at the door. My LSD out of an E30 M3 has been obtained. Did a quick degrease and took a couple photos. Who knows how long it'll be before this gets put on. Oh well.

LSD

LSD

LSD

LSD

Canon 5D MKIII
                              Canon 50mm F/1.8
                              Natural Light

Comment

• I loved your beetle, and i love what you're doing now.
                                There's a certain caliber you're setting for yourself. It's just great watching your progression. I'm all about slammed cars, BUT the comment of "literally catching air off a bridge connection" made me realize how much I miss not puckering my butthole before launch haha.
                                Anyways, keep it up!
                                Canadian eh,

Comment

Working...
                                X