No announcement yet.

Vice City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a few things out of the way but didn't have my camera with me so no photos.

Swapped out the OEM plate bulbs for ebay LEDs and its a huge aesthetic difference.

Removed my leaky power steering reservoir and hoses and replaced them and cleaned up the under side of the car.

I replaced the valve cover gasket and those 4 plugs a few months ago hoping to take care of an oil leak that comes from the front corner of the motor which everyone says is either those end plugs, cam seal, or a head gasket. I clean the area after and drove it for a few weekends and it seemed to take of the leak. But after sitting for about 3 weeks and then driving it one weekend, it was leaking from the same spot again. I checked the valve cover nuts and they had loosened a little bit so I retightened them and cleaned the area so hopefully that leak will be contained. I really hope its not a head gasket.

I got my IS valence and brackets out from storage and installed the brackets. Still need to paint the pesky valence.

---------------------------

Then this annoyance. I ordered a KAmotors Intake (Version 5) and it was processed, shipped, and delivered very quickly.

I remove the OEM airbox.
    I remove the AFM from the filter box.
    I slide the MAF adapter and gasket plate along with the filter and enclosure onto the AFM.
    Walk over to the car.
    Kit in no way can fit into the bay.

It needs to be about 2"-3" shorter to be able to fit in my bay. The AFM would need to be cut from the puzzle completely for it to fit, which can't happen.

My suspicion, is that these kits don't fit cars with stock M20B27 engine bays. The end of the enclosure sits atop the ABS and can't be routed to the side because of radiator hard lines coming out of the back of the radiator. I can't find anywhere on the KAmotors website or on any forum that says this kit doesn't fit a car with a M20B27.

"The Kamotors Ver. 5 Carbon Fiber cold air intake kit fits 4cyl & 6cyl BMW's, designed on the BMW E30 but fits other models like the E36, E34, and E32 with little to no modification. If you car is equipped with a MAF or an AFM with a round inlet this kit will bolt on with No other pieces needed.

This kit replaces the factory airbox and bolts directly to the MAF or AFM"

So that kinda sucks.

Comment

• The attention to details is amazing.

Comment

• Welcome back dude. I missed this thread. I have a KAMotors Intake as well that I bought just because I wanted to liven up the induction noise of the car.
        I've yet to fit it inside the car, but my buddy had it in his late model and now in his early model, I'll have to ask him the details but he says it's a bit of a pain to fit.

Also, a few buddies have their suspicions of the KA kit just being a rebranded universal ebay kit. Which wouldn't surprise me as he sells replica euro grilles.

So yeah, good luck on getting that fitted. Post some vids if you happen to make it work.

Comment

• It sucks that the KAMotors intake didn't work, I've been eyeing it for my 'i' Car.
          Also, I have to say that I read your posts on film and trying to get more people back into it and really enjoyed it. I brushed the thick layer of dust off my old Nikon and popped in some 35mm for old times sake last week! In doing so I seem to have interested a few friends as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. View Post
            Welcome back dude. I missed this thread. I have a KAMotors Intake as well that I bought just because I wanted to liven up the induction noise of the car.
            I've yet to fit it inside the car, but my buddy had it in his late model and now in his early model, I'll have to ask him the details but he says it's a bit of a pain to fit.

Also, a few buddies have their suspicions of the KA kit just being a rebranded universal ebay kit. Which wouldn't surprise me as he sells replica euro grilles.

So yeah, good luck on getting that fitted. Post some vids if you happen to make it work.

Yea, Im curious as to how its fitted into his early model.

Comment

• Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
              Yea, Im curious as to how its fitted into his early model.
              Says he had to cut the flexible hose to get it to fit. The airbox/fillter housing hits the radiator support?

Comment

• The end of the filter enclosure cant go low enough to close the hood because the ABS is in the way. It cant be shifted to the side of the ABS because of a hard line coming out of the back of the radiator. Ill take photos next time I'm with the car.

Comment

• Still no reply from KA Motors after a week.

Comment

• After having this dumb valence for forever, I almost have it ready for paint.

Comment

• Looking great

Comment

• This car is really cool, and I think the new bumper will look sweet.

I still think the arch gap should be closed a little bit though

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                          This car is really cool, and I think the new bumper will look sweet.

I still think the arch gap should be closed a little bit though
                          Its on my to-do list

Comment

• Alright. Still no reply from KAMotors. I took a photo of where the filter enclosure is hitting.

Circle A is the top of the ABS. Circle B is the line coming out of the radiator towards the firewall and down.

I can't close the hood with the filter bolted up because it sits atop the ABS. I can't divert it to the right side like I see in all the photos because the side of the filter meets that line from the radiator.

Since KAMotors won't respond I need you guys' help.

In the meantime. Took it for a midnight run.

033A6891

033A6888

033A6876

Comment

• 033A6898

033A6899

033A6904

033A6905

033A6917

Comment

• Absolutely love your photography as always man
                                IG: @sebastienaudeon
                                1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                                *pats Sebs head*
                                there there.
                                keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
                                X