Wow... another MK6 Jetta.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... another MK6 Jetta.

Hi, I'm Ben and I'm a freshman in college and a longtime lurker. I got my Jetta a little over a year ago and have been driving it stock for all that time. I am getting closer to modding it up a bit and figured it would be fitting that I start a thread for it and my first car. The other whip is an '87 Olds Cutlass Cruiser Brougham wagon.

I take WAY too many pictures of my cars and others. As I start to add things other than a grill a shift knob on, I'll post in the Builds section.
    Have a great day or night!

Did a lil thing...
    DSC_0027
    DSC_0006

17" Audi wheels I(shoddily) painted and threw continentals on. Have H&Rs waiting for shocks/struts and mounts... when I can afford it.

Comment

Looking good, man! H&Rs are a good choice.
      Michael P.
      michael@blackforestindustries.com
      Instagram: @xsomethingcleverx

Comment

Thank you! I did not put them in the car(which was lucky). It was totaled when I was t-boned in early February. I have since gotten a MK6 Jetta TDI to replace it.

Comment

drift the olds

Comment

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
            drift the olds
            Sorry, I definitely don't give this thread any love. The Olds was scrapped in January, water had started getting in, and the motor was weak. Plus it was FWD... I picked up an E30 to fill it's place in my heart. (Yours has been inspiring while mine sits at home waiting for attention)

Comment

it may be a pretty long drive from st simons but we have a decent sized euro group that meets in pooler and savannah

Comment

nice i like it

Comment

Atleast theyre quality photos

Comment

I used to have a Mk4 Jetta. Solid car, but I made the mistake of just getting the base 2.0L instead of the 1.8T or even VR6.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                      it may be a pretty long drive from st simons but we have a decent sized euro group that meets in pooler and savannah
                      What meet is it? Coastal Euros?

Comment

I guess I could revive this terrible old thread, and post up my new car.

Volkswagen bought back my TDI, and I miss it, but this was almost a year ago. I replaced it with, what I now know to be a basket case, 2014 GLI Autobahn w/ Nav. VW offered me a ton for my TDI, and while I loved it dearly, it was black on beige, and DSG. Beige and not being Manual is where the car lost me and the money was nice to help pay for my education.

The GLI has been a rollercoaster. It was purchased CPO from a VW dealer, but once on the way home, I found a number of issues that were not apparent during the purchase. The rear defroster was inoperable, the front speakers appeared to not work and, worst of all, the clutch was slipping. The car went into the shop and the dealer played along at paid for everything, and gave me a boring Passat for the almost two months they had my car.

I should add, I bought the car tuned, and catless. Absolutely no idea how that passed the CPO inspection...

The car now has:
                        APR Carbonio Intake
                        APR Stage II ECU Flash
                        Black Forest Industries Stage II Clutch Kit
                        USP 3" Catless DP
                        Vibrant Ultraresonator
                        Shitty cheapo flowthrough muffler the PO had put on
                        VW 18" Goal wheels(pulled off my TDI) w/ BFG Sport Comp II A/Ss

... and will soon have:
                        Vibrant rear muffler(can't do the rasp anymore...)
                        H&R Sport Springs
                        Koni FSD Struts/Shocks
                        Black Forest Industries Stainless Steel Weighted Shiftknob
                        Integrated Engineering Solid Shifter Bushings
                        Redline MT90 Trans Fluid Swap
                        225/40R18 Conti DWS

Anyway. Car has since had about 16k miles put on it, three oil changes(about time for a fourth), a new clutch put in (again) and a small fire due to some electrical fault with the subwoofer's amplifier. Being in the shop for the initial repairs, and now the fire repairs has really drug me into the dumps about the car, but I also cannot wait to have it back(maybe that's why I'm putting time into this thread again... who knows).

ANYWAY. To the pictures and some videos... finally...

On our way home from the dealer, at 2AM. GLI and TDI together for only a short time.

The car, who I decided I should call Sabine, earned herself a quick wash, wheel swap and the throwing on of my #scene crossbars almost as soon as she arrived home.

Despite the terrible exhaust(and it's drone) a friend and I made the trip down to St. Augustine Beach to see a great band, El Ten Eleven. On our way, we stopped to see(or try to) the scene of a trip flair plant south of us... no dice, but a nice pic of the car.

We decided that while taking I-95S would be the most logical and quickest way, it'd be no fun. So we took our hangovers and drove A-1A down from Fernandina Beach and Amelia, to the Mayport ferry. While it took the good part of a day, it did not disappoint.

Car then earned itself an oil change, new air filter and rotate... always fun. The APR filter was dangerously dirty, so I replaced with an AEM Unit. Oil change consisted of Liquimoly and Mann, only the best. Also threw in some JDMaf yellow fogs, definitely an upgrade over the OEM halogens.

Car was driving funny in early August, so I took it in to my local VW dealer while at school(Jim Ellis Kennesaw, talk to Rafael, he's the bomb)... clutch was on its way out, but not slipping. Ordered the new new and had it put in. Only two days after the install, something happened with my subwoofer wiring, the fuse didn't pop and the car caught fire. That's how she sits at the moment, should be back in my hands soon, though!

(don't think the throwout bearing should come out like this, this caused premature wear and clutch drag on the OEM clutch)

The rest are just some random photos and videos of my GLI that I have taken, along with some of my friends. Enjoy!
                        (Full Resolution Photos can be found on my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/128494343@N07/
                        More GLI(along with beer, my lab and E30) fun can be seen on my insta @benjhad)

Videos of the terrible exhaust before the resonator and with it. The Vibrant Resonator helped, but the muffler is needed. Honda levels of rasp...
                        (I apologize about the lack of video embedding, it keeps bugging out for me tonight!)

Pre-Resonator, pulling out and getting on it as much as possible on a bad clutch

Resonated and non-resonated clips with flybys

Semi-Cold start and some revs after getting the UltraResonator put in

That's all for tonight, hope to post up here more often with more updates and more low! Night SW Crew!

Comment

Working...
                        X