Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going for Broke: my r32 Gt-R build (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for Broke: my r32 Gt-R build (pic heavy)

hey guys, id like to welcome you to the start of my first ever build thread. had a few cars ive put a bunch of work into over the past couple years but i feel like this one will be the most fun and most interesting one by far!us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-1
    should be picking up my new ( to me ) 1989 gt-r within the next couple weeks from canada! finalizing all of the paperwork this week. heres the specs
    color code:th1 dark blue pearl
    december 89 build
    61k miles
    basically stock rb26
    intakes
    strut tower bar
    impul steering wheel
    cusco coilovers
    heres some more pics of the exterior and a few interior shots
    us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-2us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-3us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-4us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-5us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-8us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-9us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-10us-legal-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32-11Hasn't been washed or detailed yet since its arrival in canada but that will be taken care of shortly after its 10 hour drive back to ny! looks filthy!
    very excited to see it has the fujimura auto stainless gauge overlay! looks a ton better than stock and i love having brand matching parts for some reason. the fujimura spoiler extension is my other product from them.

pretty basic and a great platform to start off with! spent the last 6 months tracking down the perfect car for me. didnt want something with a ton of mods because i wanted to make the car exactly the way i envision it from the get go, no dealing with a million things someone else has done. i know everyone sees white, grey etc so i was looking for something a bit different than the average couple colors you see most. this is a prime example, paint and everything is looking fantastic, runs mint, really found a nice car here thanks to the amazing guys at rightdriveusa.com / rightdrive.ca

over the next months and years i plan on documenting everything i do for the car, everything i learn about it, the mistakes i make etc. figure its a good way for me to learn, get feedback, and hopefully help some other people along the way too!

i have a ton of plans for this car and have slowly been stockpiling parts over the last few months preparing for spring! just some basic stuff, more performance based parts will be coming this winter, i just want to get the style on point this spring and summer and enjoy it a bit before it gets torn apart haha. more pictures to come of the parts stockpile but here are all the parts so far:

-fujimura auto "rocket dancer" carbon fiber rear wing extension. always loved the look of the e30 m3 wings that were like this and when i saw a picture of a skyline with this spoiler i had to own one! makes the rear of the car look so mean

-works bell rapfix ii quick release adapter, quick release lock, and extra socket
    -works bell original steering wheel for some sporty and fun driving
    - wood grain and black spoked nardi torino steering wheel as my show/ cruising wheel
    -original very rare nardi tokyo horn button
    - cusco rear camber arms and upper a arms

and my favorite part of the prebuild so far are my 17-18" upconverted oz futuras. final sizing will be 18x10.5 all around et6 with 4 inch lips.

in the weeks leading up to me picking it up there probably wont be any new parts except for some custom 3 piece center caps i am having made for the wheels.
    stay tuned guys! will be documenting the whole trip up, the rightdrive dealership which has a couple awesome japanese cars there besides mine, me getting searched at the border most likely, and some fun stuff on the way home! thanks for checking it out, lots more to come
    Last edited by GrandpaStance; 02-19-2016, 10:12 AM.
    ig @chetflix

good find. down here those cars aren't hard to come across, but a growing price gap between the shitters and well maintained units like yours is becoming more prevalent.

not a fan of those solid FUCA's. the FUCA on R/Z32s pivots when adjusting caster, as you certainly will (or will occur anyway upon lowering), and a solid arm with bearings (not even bushings to absorb the tension) = bind bind bind city, baby

Comment

thanks man! it was a little bit more than i wanted to spend originally but this is a very solid car, pretty low mileage and the paint is looking fantastic for being original. either way the price is driven up wayyy high for the u.s. market so i still saved some money buying in canada haha

ah so that wasnt a good purchase on my part? lol ive been trying to find a way to add just a little bit of camber to the front i figured these would have been ok for the -2 or so i wanted to go for. would you recommend something different/better for acheiving that? im still a noob when it comes to these hahaha
      ig @chetflix

Comment

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this. My attainable dream car with one of my favorite sets of wheels? Yup definitely sub'd haha.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

and @pattrick02 is building my wheels so they will def be coming out fantastic!
            ig @chetflix

Comment

also i forgot some pictures the other day. heres a pic of the nardi and the nardi tokyo horn button i scored a little while back! if anyone has a blue nardi tokyo button HIT ME UP PLEASE
              ig @chetflix

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaStance View Post
                thanks man! it was a little bit more than i wanted to spend originally but this is a very solid car, pretty low mileage and the paint is looking fantastic for being original. either way the price is driven up wayyy high for the u.s. market so i still saved some money buying in canada haha

ah so that wasnt a good purchase on my part? lol ive been trying to find a way to add just a little bit of camber to the front i figured these would have been ok for the -2 or so i wanted to go for. would you recommend something different/better for acheiving that? im still a noob when it comes to these hahaha
                most arms either don't have the need to twist (99% of people don't realise then wonder why their locking collars are constantly undoing) or also like to foul on the chassis side mounting bracket when going super low. you planning on dragging rail? most clever cookies just stick with the induced camber from lowering. if you want to reduce it some (you'll land a good 4* or so by dumping it on its guts) then you can space out the mounting bracket from the chassis with a few washers.

check out this guide I wrote on getting some extra clearance too.

best of luck. every r/z32 I stop from snapping a FUCA is a life saved...

Comment

I'm watchin' brother!

Comment

I`m in love

Renato
                    Team TWM Performance
                    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
                      most arms either don't have the need to twist (99% of people don't realise then wonder why their locking collars are constantly undoing) or also like to foul on the chassis side mounting bracket when going super low. you planning on dragging rail? most clever cookies just stick with the induced camber from lowering. if you want to reduce it some (you'll land a good 4* or so by dumping it on its guts) then you can space out the mounting bracket from the chassis with a few washers.

check out this guide I wrote on getting some extra clearance too.

best of luck. every r/z32 I stop from snapping a FUCA is a life saved...

thanks for the info man! and i wasnt planning on laying it all the way out haha. i want it to retain sime level of functionality but still sit nice in the wheels with pretty good fitment. i figured the wheels being 18s would help with that. figured the suspension,geometry would be pretty good on 18s as opposed to 17s and i could get good fitment without binding everything up! do you think mine might still be ok for something like that? i dont want to run into any problems with mine haha ill try lowering it first and see how well the natural neg camber works with the wheels up front before i install anything just to be safe
                      ig @chetflix

Comment

Originally posted by h3llk1t3 View Post
                        I'm watchin' brother!
                        thanks man! means a lot your build is really inspirational haha. your car and frederick chanons metallic brown gtr are what inspired me to go low with my build and have it sit right. love your car man! thanks for the support
                        ig @chetflix

Comment

more exciting news! found a set of nismo lmgt3 for sale for a very good deal! might be taking a decent road trip next week to pick these up possibly. couldnt think of a better set of wheels to throw on as a daily setup in between building and using the futuras. 2 piece, made by rays, forged as well. should be able to take a bit of abuse!
                          ig @chetflix

Comment

updated pictures since the old ones expired. car got held up at customs on the container for a few weeks but back on track now! finalizing everything and i should be picking her up this weekend or next!

another update, since they were having the car apart to do servicing i opted for replacing some parts and upgrading. got an hks timing belt installed as well as hks cam gears for future tuning, new waterpump, and hks accessory belts. the turbo gaskets were also a bit worn so had those replaced too. should be all ready to go for some fun summer driving and hopefully some abuse, but nothing crazy until the garbage stock turbos are replaced this winter!
                            ig @chetflix

Comment

I'm watchin' brother!
                              Looks cool

Comment

Working...
                              X