No announcement yet.

High School Stance | 350z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bit of progress yesterday, got the intake manifold pulled off and some other accessories, then painted the block black.

LSX Z33 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Comment

• I like where this is going, keep it up.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Small progress on the swap, dropped off my PCM and wiring harness with RMP Motorsports in Vandergrift. Shop about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh that specializes in LS stuff.

RMP Performance by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Shop owners LSA S14.5, making about 700HP.

Excuse some of these shots being noisy/out of focus. Lighting in the shop wasn't the greatest for my outdated, crop sensor T3i.

They also had this sitting on the lift

But not with the engine you would expect...

6.0 truck motor with an LSA blower on top. The story behind this vehicle is pretty cool: the owner had a built RB25 in the car, but unfortunately, it was stolen along with a few other cars, when he finally found it, the entire vehicle was stripped minus a few things.

I also decided to play tourist since I have never been to Pittsburgh, didn't spend a whole lot of time in the city, wanted to get home haha.

Downtown Pittsburgh by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Then yesterday I had a few parts show up, haha

LSX 350Z by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Got the entire ISR swap kit for the car, this particular one mounts up to the CD series transmissions. Still waiting on my long tubes, clutch, and driveshaft. I also still have to figure out what cam package I want to run.

Comment

• LSX 350Z by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Long tubes with bolts ran on hand tight, along with new MSD Ignition wires and spark plugs

Comment

• Are you keeping it tiffany blue after putting this beast in it?

Comment

• Haha man I wish I had a clue, I like the color, but there's also a few other ones I want to do as well. I'll figure that out once the car runs and drives

Comment

• So after a lot of contemplation, instead of rushing getting the LS motor into the car, hoping I didn't mess anything up, driving it a month or so then taking it back off the road to rush getting it caged/tube framed, I have decided to just get the jump start now, do everything right and take my time with the swap and other things I want to do to the car. So I will have it done for next Spring.

In the meantime, my old daily, a 2000 Audi A6 Avant had bit the dust, I bought the thing for $1500 to get me to work everyday over winter, then expected to drive the Z all summer, as it turns out, things don't always go to plan. The poor girl had 200k on the clock by the time she decided it was over.

So, I ended up buying this:

B6 A4 // New Daily by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

A 2003 Audi A4, 3.0L with a 6 Speed manual, already on ST coilovers. Currently it sits on S4 wheels but I am looking around for a set of affordable cast wheels to get rid of these things haha.

Also, shout out to whoever talked to Eric Zuo in their Audi group message when I was contemplating on buying this thing haha.

Comment

• eyyy another Pittsburgh guy, cool. just read through the whole thread and i really like the direction you're taking.

Comment

• What are you planning on in terms of heads and the intake manifold?

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• New daily looks good, if you want/need an oem roof rack let me know.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Thanks guys! On the topic of heads/intake manifold. I think I'm going to run a set of LS6 Valvesprings paired with a TSP low lift cam to get some decent power, probably around the 425-430hp mark at the crank, not sure about my intake mani yet.

Comment

• Haha I'm in Eric's Audizine chat, glad to see you ended up getting the B6, looks really clean. You going to the Steel City Finest meet on Saturday?

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                          "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                          SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Haven't had a lot of motivation over the Summer to finish this thing. Dad asked if I wanted to take Sunday afternoon to try and drop the motor in so after a lot of swear words, a sledgehammer to the firewall, we got it in, temporarily.

I still need to reseal the oil pan and order remanufactured heads (these ones are kinda beat) for the car so in the meantime I'll start doing other things on the car such as ripping out the old harness, gutting the interior, etc.

Pops standing next to the pile of garbage, haha

Comment

• Small update on the daily as I don't think it's enough of a "build" to warrant its own thread.

The Daily - Slammed B6 A4 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Maxed out the rear camber bolts along with getting new wheels

The Daily - Slammed B6 A4 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Rotiform TMB's 18x9.5 +25 with Continental 225/40s on them, natural camber from lowering in the front, slight roll/pull with no pull in the rear

The Daily - Lowered B6 A4 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Comment

• Daily looks great
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X