Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 328i Touring - Work in progress -

Hello everybody,

I have a little project that I wanted to share with you. Love the site. Many of the builds are just to my taste

Well. I recently picked up a 1996 328i Touring. It's the only one here in Iceland and one of only few Tourings in the country.

The car was a bit dull when I got it. Chrome DEPOīS, ugly 15", towbar etc. But the car is solid with low miles and a few nice optional extras such as a LSD and "white" leather.
    Itīs automatic but I plan to convert to manual in the future.

This is how it was when I got it.

Havenīt done much as it takes time to source parts in my little country.
    I picked up some really nice 17" Style 32's from an E39. ET20 and 8" wide.
    Had them painted in a VW colour. Urban grey. Really nice
    Tyres are Falken 512's in 205/45/17.

Some point and shoot pictures:

Stance is better at the back. Front is begging for a drop

I have picked up som ///M-tech side skirts. Hopefully picking up a ///M front in the next weeks.
    Will be lowering the car soon also. Contemplating a cheap coilover system as I do not use the car for hard driving very much,.

The front headlights will also be modified soon. The chrome HAS to go. Will see how that turns out before sourcing new ones.

As the title says. Work in progress. It will take a bit of time to get it as I want. Sourcing parts being the main problem.

Look forward to your comments (Good and bad )

Yummy, sell me your chrome Depos

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Your car is like my car's brother.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
        Your car is like my car's brother.
        Yes, I have been following your build. We seem to be heading in a similar direction.
        Forgot to mention the colour. It's in Madeira Violet. Love the different shades. Dark violet in the sun and almost black in the shade/dark.

Thanks for the comments so far

Comment

Found a pair of OEM projector lights yesterday. They are in decent condition but not perfect.

Will mod the Depo's when I find time. I think they could look nice to with black surroundings/insides.

Took a few lousy pictures of the process, the car is covered in volcanic ash on the pictures taken inside. It blew over from the highlands yesterday (the volcano has been quiet for a while though). Also aligned the light and the fender on the drivers side a bit better. They where a bit off before.

Couldn't resist taking a picture of my wheels :p

The Depos

A little comparison

And after:

Comment

Working...
          X