94 M3....wait what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 M3....wait what?

Well I am finally back in another bmw. Here is a pic of my last m3 that I more or less sold to buy a house in 2011 :thumbsdown:

It was a lot of fun, but I stopped driving it for a while due to some issues and then decided I should sell it....man women have some power over you lol.

After going through multiple cars, modding them and always being bored after about 3-4 months and selling them I finally found almost exactly what I wanted. I was on a tight budget and this was the "best" locally to me. Its a 94 318i will a full 97 s52 swap. Im calling it an m3 just to make my life easy since it will basically become a hill climb car/ fun daily. I love the fact it has nothing inside, and is super basic. I do wish it was a real M3, but my budget didn't allow for any of the clean ones around me, plus this makes me worry less about driving it hard when time to racing comes.

m3 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    m3 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    m3 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Last edited by hinrichs; 02-23-2015, 02:07 PM.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

i like it! great start.. hey... a helrot e36 is a helrot e36 in my book. just get yourself some sideskirts and a lsd and dont look back

Comment

Looks pretty good. Is it a clean OEM style swap?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
        Looks pretty good. Is it a clean OEM style swap?
        only thing it didn't have and needed right away was an m3 cluster so the drive home was funny with a 4 cyl cluster, the rpm was all over the place. Also some heater hoses need to be run better but that can be changed later on down the road.

Havnt had much time to drive it due to basically bald rear tires, and it being so cold. It has new front 225/45/17 hankook on the front which may go out back, just not sure what to run on the 17x8 which will be staying for now cuz Im just trying to put money where its needed first.

Mods (from what I know so far)

Wheels: 17x8 Mille Miglia 1000 w 225/45 F 245/45 rear
        Suspension: Bilstein PSS9 (no perches in the rear, 2" to go up front)
        Motor: 1997 S52 w/ injectors, tune, and obd1 conversion
        Trans: 97 M3 5 spd
        Diff: no clue (would assume out of the same 97)
        Last edited by hinrichs; 02-23-2015, 03:03 PM.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

ayyee its bout time you started a thread for this lol. Definitely subscribing to this thread.

Comment

showing love from another hellrot owner
            Sugar Mama Build - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73298

Comment

Looks like a fun car. Sub'ed to see what you do with it.

Comment

dude you buy more cars then i change t's haha
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

The trickery....

Just kidding, this thing is a M3 where it counts most, right? Besides I love me a red E36!

Comment

great start, in on this build to get some motivation for my e36.

1990 Honda Civic Wagon - SOLD
                    1997 BMW 318i Vert
                    1992 Mercedes Benz 300e - SOLD
                    1970 Mercedes Benz 250
                    1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

did you just buy this off a kid in york? but anyway good luck i love the car, i tried to buy it lmao.
                      instagram - ianstough
                      Strange Dreams e36 http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74787

Comment

Originally posted by esomethingian View Post
                        did you just buy this off a kid in york? but anyway good luck i love the car, i tried to buy it lmao.
                        Yeah same car

Worked on her a little over the weekend, forgot to take any pics tho. Been fighting with a dim bulb in the "new" cluster so I have had that in and out like 20 times so far, need to order some led bulbs I think to make it perfect again.

Also last Tuesday I picked up an oem red m3 bumper just so I can run the correct rear diffusor, and still working on getting that on properly, ill try and get some pics tonight.

Also installed a new head unit that actually works and a sub since I will be daily driving it for a while, but the more I think about it, it was pointless with the actual plans I have for the car
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Ordered a stromung exhuast a few minutes ago, seemed more important than tires lol.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Been slacking majorly, did get some mirrors finally tho, and got the bumper on. Still waiting on the exhaust and havnt ordered tires, but did decide on a build direction. Just hope to have a seat for it by the next autocross thats local .
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Did a thing tonight

Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X