So I got my adapters!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lux View Post
    Yeah, I been meaning to get the alignment done. Cant find anyone that would touch the car this low within 60 miles. Not yet at least. Im about to get the camber caster correct kit and read up on how to do it myself.

This entire state sucks ass.

The toe I did myself but the camber I didnt think would be a big deal since its negative gain when you lower it.

Im about to fool with the front more today. I got the rear all done now and theirs no way to dial in the camber back there. I gotta DIY something for the rear somehow.

If anyone has a good link with a how to on alignments shoot it to me man.

Thats whats bugging me. Without the adapters on you dont see any difference.

There are some DIY alignments out there, but are basically useless. When you get your car aligned on a machine, it corrects everything to .001in. Its pretty precise and something you can't do at home. What you could do to get in the ball park range would be to take a level and measure camber that way. As for toe I wouldn't touch that without the proper tools/machine. If that gets screwed up youll go through tires like crazy. Alignment machines car go pretty low. I never understood why shops don't align lowered cars

This might be a long shot, but maybe one of your adapters arnt up against the hub the whole way? Or maybe they're not the same size? Just ideas.

-Dan

Comment

I found a guy today thats pretty old school on alignments. Said he would do it, has some rat rods behind his shop but when I said after the reading I would most likely need to gain some negative camber, like everybody else even this guy looked at me and asked me why.

I had a hard time explaining it to him cause his are all open wheel roadsters but he said he could give it a shot some time for me.

If my rear end is the same as my front end ( SLA ) and the Eibach camber kits for my car can give more negative camber would there be a chance I could use the same kit on my rear end also to gain negative camber out back?

This cars a pain in the ass. Cause the door making up half the rear I had to do some cutting in the door jam to get the last inch to pull. Im talking about the area in that one pic where you can see I chipped the paint. So now its wavy at that spot until I figure out a way to get it to pull if its at all possible

Comment

yeah unfortunately in this game u cant really have a "comfortable ride" lol. right now my setup is 18x8.5 with 225/40, and 18x9.5 with 245/40. these are just what came on the wheels, they are off the car right now though. on my altima, it calls for a 45 sidewall when u go 18s. so im gonna go with 215/45/18 all around, which will give me a slightly bigger sidewall, and maybe tucking tire which i wanna do. also will give a nice stretch on the rear 9.5 wheels so i wont rub as much (still have to roll fenders). so skinnier tread tires wont affect ride comfort as much. its more about ur sidewall. my stock wheels are 215/60/16 and thats TOO soft of a sidewall lol like im driving on marshmallows.

now, as for the one side seeming lower, my driver side rear is lower also. someone on this site told me its my gas tank. and it makes sense, its on my driver side. what side is ur tank on, the same side thats "lower"?

Comment

Working...
        X