No announcement yet.

SoWo 2015 BMW meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday and saturday meet? The only reason being is my heart and soul is dedicated to bmw and since roundel reunion got shot down I need something. I very seriously doubt toes will be stepped on being vw/audi attendance trump all other makes and the fact "all other euro" get minimal parking, exposure, attendance. The majority of people showing up in bimmers and other makes can only handle so much farfegnugen and are probably there for the joint love of stance and/or euro.
    Saturday last year was also the day for local bimmer rollouts since most of those guys weren't staying the weekend. Last year's meet was short about 20 cars because of an accident on the way in and few more because of no shows. Not to mention people that didn't even know about the meet.
    My main question is what's with the parking. The SoWo website is very uninformative. Is all parking on field $20 at any given time? There is no contact information on the page and I was wondering about vendor setups. Last two years I've ended up parking in random lots.
    I also am rallying up a pretty strong bimmer turn out for this year.

Comment

All good points Jon. I do want us to have a strong turn out to the meet so the SoWo organizers see that we have a strong presence at their VAG show.

Final date and location: Saturday, May 16th. Brasstown Bald at Noon. See y'all there.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

So apparently the Brasstown Bald parking lot has a 5 dollar entry fee. Personally I'm ok with it, especially if people don't act dumb. Which they better fucking not, cause I sure as hell don't want to get kicked out of anywhere again.
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's a envolope box just as any Wildlife Management Area has if I remember correctly. I doubt anyone will be up there. The actually building/observitory is up the road from the parking lot we will be occupying. I have no problem kickin down a 5 dollar donation to keep Georgia wildlife/forestry beautiful and preserved.

Comment

Can we get an attendance list going like last year's thread?

Comment

CJ is the official bmw police for the event. Get your people.
              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                So apparently the Brasstown Bald parking lot has a 5 dollar entry fee. Personally I'm ok with it, especially if people don't act dumb. Which they better fucking not, cause I sure as hell don't want to get kicked out of anywhere again.
                Originally posted by j work View Post
                I'm pretty sure it's a envolope box just as any Wildlife Management Area has if I remember correctly. I doubt anyone will be up there. The actually building/observitory is up the road from the parking lot we will be occupying. I have no problem kickin down a 5 dollar donation to keep Georgia wildlife/forestry beautiful and preserved.
                I am down with paying $5. Feel free to make it public and well known. I think j work is correct that is how most places like this are.

Also... I want to do big smokey burnies... but I will try my best to contain myself
                Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

looking forward to bringing my 135i to this since i missed it last year

Comment

I'll make try and make time to go up this weekend like i said. Will post pictures and get a spot count. Burnouts when everyone wants to leave. So I don't have to run over and try and get that clutch video which never works out. I'm about to so public with the meet and post on IA (maybe), bimmerforum, don't have a Rev or wheelwhore account or i would, and my word of mouf is strong. I'll make an ig post and tag my mainstreamer bmw ppl's in hopes they will make a post for lots of followers to see. I wanna get us a roundel reunion for September next year so let's go hard this year

Comment

I'm hoping to be there again this year if it's on Saturday
                      2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

It will be on Saturday, y'all. Jon go ahead and start announcing it everywhere, I want to have a good turnout so the SoWo organizers will be more keen on doing something BMW/Mini related in the future.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Oh yeah, let's get an attendance list going.

1. C.J. - Ol Dirty Bastard (maybe)
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

2. Fifty3bags - bagged 135i
                            2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

3. Denny- bagged GTO
                              Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                              check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

Originally posted by GTOguy View Post

3. Denny- bagged GTO

4. Shaun- bagged ford probe
                                sigpic
                                "how do you drive that? Does it have those lifter shocks on it like the low riders?"
                                -Faithful Autozone Customer
                                Make me insta famous @isupa_shaun

Comment

Working...
                                X