Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoWo 2015 BMW meet

Saturday, May 16h, at Noon

We're doing a BMW meet again this year at SoWo since last years proved to be pretty successful. This time however, it will be outside of the city limits. We'll be in the parking lot of the Brasstown Bald visitors center.There is a 5 dollar parking fee to enter the lot. Let's please try to be respectful while we're here, so no burnouts in the parking lot please. I don't want us to get kicked out of our spot like we did last year. Hope to see everyone there! There is no physical address to the visitor's center, so punch the following coordinates into your GPS.

N34.847894
    W83.798567

Last edited by theseeker411; 05-12-2015, 07:54 AM.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

I'm going to come do burnouts and let the cops handle it.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

I like burnouts
      Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
      check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

This is the brasstown bald parking lot. It's is the highest point in ga. Up the road from this parking lot is the observation building. The view is amazing from this place. It's about 20-30minute drive from helen. The road up the mountain is a lot of fun, full of twisties. It is far away from any residential area as you can see and there is probably no one there to call the 5-0.

Really need some photographers at this location if we end up going. Ideal for a sweet shoot.

I throughly enjoy burnouts, but can we like save those for closing time. I really wanna be able to chat, take some photo, drink a beer before rifraf breaks out. A lot of people showed up late and I didn't make a round.

And let's try and keep it real by limiting burnouts to anything that whines, spools, or has more than one throttle body please. I was not impressed with the stock zhp burnouts.

Open for other suggestions too.

Comment

Brasstown Bald looks really good Jon.

As far as meet up time, I'm thinking noon on Friday till ??? Kind of ***** that I missed the actual show at SoWo last year because we held the BMW meet on Saturday.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

I'm gonna come to this, in my non euro ford probe
            sigpic
            "how do you drive that? Does it have those lifter shocks on it like the low riders?"
            -Faithful Autozone Customer
            Make me insta famous @isupa_shaun

Comment

Shaun708 I'm gonna come to this, in my non euro ford probe*
              I'll get you a roundel and an 850 badge

Cj you think friday will kill the turnout??

Comment

Goddammit I wish I lived closer so I could go to these kinds of things. Sounds like fun.
                BMW E34 V8 - Daily
                Merc 190E - Sold
                BMW 635CSi - Project
                Mercedes 190e Build Thread
                Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

Originally posted by j work View Post
                  I'll get you a roundel and an 850 badge

Cj you think friday will kill the turnout??
                  Yeah, maybe Jon. Guess we'll just keep the date and time for noon on Saturday.

Although I did just check the event grounds map for this year and it looks like the SoWo organizers decided to bring back the "other euro" parking section on their main show field. So now I'm wondering if we should even have a separate meet that runs at the same time as their show.

Originally posted by VanDamage View Post
                  Goddammit I wish I lived closer so I could go to these kinds of things. Sounds like fun.
                  Bro, fly down. Or do what I'm doing and drive.
                  Last edited by theseeker411; 02-10-2015, 11:41 PM.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                    Yeah, maybe Jon. Guess we'll just keep the date and time for noon on Saturday.

Although I did just check the event grounds map for this year and it looks like the SoWo organizers decided to bring back the "other euro" parking section on their main show field. So now I'm wondering if we should even have a separate meet that runs at the same time as their show.

Bro, fly down. Or do what I'm doing and drive.

Personally out of respect for the show with having an other euro section offered I wouldn't plan a meet that coincides.
                    Follow me on instagram: @watsupitsdenny
                    check out my bagged GTO build

Comment

I didn't even make it to the show field last year... I'd rather just hang out with friends in town. I feel like that's where most of the unique cars are too anyways...
                      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

aLaFleurI didn't even make it to the show field last year... I'd rather just hang out with friends in town. I feel like that's where most of the unique cars are too anyways...
                        Agree 100% I did a walk through on the field, check em and was around town talking in random parking lots and having beers. Was more impressed with the cars around town.

Yeah, maybe Jon. Guess we'll just keep the date and time for noon on Saturday.*

Although I did just check the event grounds map for this year and it
                        looks like the SoWo organizers decided to bring back the "other euro" parking section on their main show field. So now I'm wondering if we should even have a separate meet that runs at the same time as their show.
                        Don't you have to pay for field spots? The year before last I felt like the other euro section was like back of the bus shit; you guys get back corner exit gate. I really liked then bmw meet last year as it was much more personable and felt like a hideaway from the mainstream event. A destination rollout kinda gives a sense off exclusivity. I dunno.

VanDamageGoddammit I wish I lived closer so I could go to these kinds of things. Sounds like fun.
                        Find a way. Your car will make it.

Comment

I also feel like a large amount of SoWo attendees are now staying for the full 3 day weekend, if not longer. While it may bring down the attendance of the BMW meet a little, holding it in Friday also keeps us from stepping on the toes of the SoWo organizers that brought back the other Euro field section.
                          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

Friday meets make me sad, because I likely won't be able to come
                            sigpic
                            ig: @theaccredited

Comment

Im in
                              [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X