06' STI, long time lurker intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06' STI, long time lurker intro

I realized Ive been on this forum for a long time now and never introduced myself at all. And typically I can click someones username on here and check out their cars if they've posted up. Well I've got nothing, so figured I should fill in the blanks.

I was always into cars, loved lowered cars. My brother always had the nastiest ground scraping hondas. But he also would build them with turbo kits and sound systems, sorta all around use cars. I on the other hand had to make my own way, and started with DSM's...

A few photos from my DSM days:

I was 15 when I snagged up my first one. 90' tsi awd 5spd.

Then things got more and more in depth.

Building the motors

trying to snag up rare parts or just being weird

I seemed to be cursed for a while with cars ending up with a black hood. Unless the car was black, and then I had a green hood. ID run whatever was in the best shape and hope to one day get it painted.

Skip ahead 10 years or so...
    Thought I'd give Subaru a try, 04 FXT. got some mods, got bored, sold it.

Picked up a ridiculously mint s10 so I could haul around my dirtbike and R6 if needed.

To paranoid to ever use it, I sold it to a friend. (this is getting long...)

Another attempt at being a boring adult-SUV. Trailblazer SS. Got the modding bug, built trans, bolt ons, tune. 400+hp SUV is kinda fun, but gas gets expensive.

Current day. 06 STI, Tein flex coilovers, Cobb Turbo back exhaust, Cobb intake, Cobb Stg 2 map which will be getting fine tuned. Avic-x920bt dvd/navi head unit, bypassed for movies on the go, Kicker ix500.1 sub amp, polk dxi12. PO had the motor forged, no receipts though so we'll just move on from there.

CF hood, plan to get that painted..

P/O wanted it stanced bad, pulled the fender liners, dropped the coils down. But Im in the midwest, not gonna work. Lifted back up so I can get into my driveway, and Ive ordered new fender liners and some rally armor mud flaps. More to come, but probably not enough to start a build thread.
    Last edited by drifte; 01-27-2015, 11:22 AM.
    l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
    sigpic

I neglected to include the old 87' S10 photo. Its a junk hauler and future project.

Day 1

Day 2

Things tiny next to todays trucks

Hauling its future motor home. small block 350
    l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
    sigpic

Comment

interesting history! So no actual low cars for you?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Yea nothing low really. I love to look at other peoples fitment, but cant get away with anything with the roads here in Iowa. Coilovers last a year and need rebuilt constantly.

The S10 will be lowered..as much as possible. But its on the back burner while I sort out the STI.

Which I got some parts in. Drivers side fender liner, and rally armor mud flaps.

Nothing exciting there. Some s10 progress.

A quick photoshop bringing the s10 down and wheels out, see what I thought it would look like.

A set of wheels of my bros 240..not sure what to think of them yet

It does actually do work

One lowering technique

Free tach...
        Last edited by drifte; 03-31-2016, 08:44 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Nice little timeline man. Welcome to S|W.
          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

That subaru looks like an animal. Its looks killer in white.
            C10 looks pretty nice to.

Can't wait to see some changes on both your rides.

IG : ShaneFrelink

Car Detailing | Car Photography

Comment

IDK how interesting my stuff is but snow started flyin' here in the midwest finally, and Continental Extreme contact DW wasnt getting me anywhere.

Introducing winter mode:

Looks a little angrier

Probably the last picture of it clean for the next month
              sigpic

Comment

Bit quicker now on the Cobb stg2 map

Overshooting the target boost of 17.3psi by a bit, Id like more still.

S10 still just chillin, waiting until I can do a scrap metal run in it. Loaded with blown up Honda motors..should be good aluminum $$$

ocd is not a curse, its a gift.my wife disagrees
                sigpic

Comment

Bought another set of Tein Flex's and replaced the old ones, but used the old springs for a softer ride. Lowered a good bit, and all leveled out. Front needs a spacer and maybe more low. For now I can get in and out of my driveway with the limited STI lip, it may have to go if I bring it down anymore.

Took it to a car gathering this weekend and found a few pics posted from the meet.

sigpic

Comment

Some interior changes, came with this blue leather stuff.

Swapped for some Black alcantera with red stitch.

All new brakes, can see my garage is mostly gutted here as its getting a remodel...too many projects.

I baked the headlights as the seal was bad. Blacked out most of the housing, and added LED bulbs everywhere. As well as aerotech hood latches prior to paint.

I ran it real low all last summer, successfully I might add aside from some minor front lip contact.

Back to winter mode, these wheels fitment is great but as low as I was it had to come up to avoid rubbing.

Took too much time, but I did the valve covers in wrinkle red. Needed new gaskets anyway.

FINALLY, tunes in the old dime sack. It has dedicated power, monster speaker wire, and some nice 4x6 plate speakers...more than an 87 ever needed.

Winter mode coming to an end

Tial..for reasons
                    sigpic

Comment

Great looking sti. Love the color combo. I miss my hawkeye all the time.
                      Like_ay_sir

Comment

Welcome, not a 'ruined' STi anymore, sweet.

Comment

Hadnt updated in a bit, spent a week doing some paint, paint correction and general cleaning of the car. But still havent managed to swap out the winter wheels.

Bumper had some imperfections

The hood also had its issues

Obligatory booth shot

Before any cleaning and paint correction on the rest of the car:

All cleaned up

Front lip cracked this winter, but at about $50 for a new one...I dont feel to bad about it

e85 coming soon
                          sigpic

Comment

Got my fuel parts back, getting ready to switch to E85. DW 850cc injectors and a Wlabro 255 and install kit. Part numbers on the pump are GSS332 and 400-791 install kit.

These injectors should be enough to handle the current boost on e85 (stock turbo). This car is very basic off the shelf bolt ons, I dont expect a great deal of power. But it should save a few bucks at the pump, and allow for more timing.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like that you painted the hood looks a lot better imo.

Always ***** when people get white cars and put like carbon fenders hood door trunk etc., keep the pics coming. Late
                              Like_ay_sir

Comment

Working...
                              X