No announcement yet.

Need to get tires stretched? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question but can you mount a 215/35/19 on a 8.5 without a cheetah?

I know my local shop I started dealing with late in the winter dont have a cheetah but I sorta know the one kid that works at the place and could probably get him to do it if it doesn't require a blast.

If not I got a used tire shop down the road run by some old as dirt guy that I know wouldnt give a fuck..lol!

Comment

most of the time. if its not a crazy stretch like a 225/40 on a x11. You wouldnt have to use a cheetah.
      Most of the time also if you use alot of lube it usually just seats itself.
      The only time i used a cheetah on a stretch is when i mounted my 205/35/18 on my 9.5
      but i only had to use it for one of them the other just air'd up.

Comment

awesome thread bro! I'm up in Sequim and it's been a bitch finding places that will stretch tires. I went to discount a while ago tho in Sequim and had some 215/45 put on 8 wide and they didn't have a problem there... however now I'm gonna need 205/40 put on 9 wide so idk if they'll do that... I'll have to ask.

I've been told to just walk in there with the tires and have them do it instead of calling before hand.. good idea?

flickrtm | nw-built | azntaiji multimedia

Comment

cant find a place...try doing it yourself? (without fire)

Originally posted by Kielan
          I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

very nice!

flickrtm | nw-built | azntaiji multimedia

Comment

I'm from vancouver, wa and need a 215/40/18 put on a 18x8. Not too insane stretch but most every shop wont touch it due to liability. Is this the america's tires by target and the westfield mall?

I think the liability should be void (on the customers side) if the customer brings the tires or decides to buy them himself despite what the shop recommends. I think liability should only be the case if the shop didnt recommend wider tires. Therefore it would soley be the customers decision.
              Last edited by SHMaRiM; 07-12-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

It took me forever to find a place that would do a 215/40/18 on an 18x9.5".
                Even though I found one, they were still sketched out and they didn't seem very happy they had to blow the shit out of it with a cheetah.

I got asked if I was on drugs, was told it was impossible, was told it's a waste of time, blah blah blah.
                Just search around and everyone should be able to find a place.

btw, I'm in Valencia, CA.
                Sam | SICKTRACKS

Comment

Originally posted by SHMaRiM View Post
                  I'm from vancouver, wa and need a 215/40/18 put on a 18x8. Not too insane stretch but most every shop wont touch it due to liability. Is this the america's tires by target and the westfield mall?

I think the liability should be void (on the customers side) if the customer brings the tires or decides to buy them himself despite what the shop recommends. I think liability should only be the case if the shop didnt recommend wider tires. Therefore it would soley be the customers decision.
                  I work there with Dust, bring it by it won't even be an issue. Ask Dustin, Brad or Tony. but either way it's seriously not even a difficult mount. and yep that's where we're at man across from the Ihop
                  Last edited by Tman; 07-13-2010, 01:05 PM.
                  If your having stance problems I feel bad for you son.

Comment

Originally posted by drftjunkie View Post
                    i remember my first time stretching tires , then i grew up
                    Why are you on this forum again? Go to zilvia or vortex with that ***** b.s.
                    If your having stance problems I feel bad for you son.

Comment

SHmarim i think that was you who we mountd up those mono8's right? Thanks for remember this thread and coming in tell your friends, me tony and brad are always there to help.

Comment

Ive had both front and rear stretched at Americas tire in Gresham. both times just walked in and ordered my tires, then when they came in had them installed. no questions asked
                        215/40r19 on a 8.5 in the front and 235/35r19 on a 9.5 in the rear.

Yellow Frame Club
                        member 01

Comment

I stretch tires for the Florida/Ga area, holla if you need them done. I'm done, almost anysize. 165/45R15, on some 8.5's, 205/40R17 on some 9.5, etc etc. I haven't had an issue yet, and I'm done lots of different sizes
                          Kindred Impulse

Coming soon...............

Comment

have you taken any pictures? would be awesome if you posted them up, and the brand.
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                              have you taken any pictures? would be awesome if you posted them up, and the brand.
                              you referring to me? If so, I do have a couple photo. I'll see about posting them up
                              Kindred Impulse

Coming soon...............

Comment

Summer time is coming who wants their tires stretched?

Comment

Working...
                                X