"How to ruin an E39"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrinne View Post
    Beautiful car, well executed and on a budget.
    Bravo!

And to all the talk about the wheels, this fodder has gotten out of control.
    I love how everyone freaks out about "replica" wheels. Most of them are gravity cast and may not technically be as dense and rigid as low pressure casting that companies like Rotiform (the GODs of Stanceworks) use but they are still required to meet certain load bearing requirements and therefore are typically heavier than low pressure cast wheels. Are the more susceptible to failure? Possibly. There are a TON of variables in the production process so it's difficult to generalize (even though most of these multi piece prima donnas do it). If you track your car or regularly commute through New York or Chicago, maybe gravity cast isn't for you. For all of us enthusiasts who live in the real world, we'll probably never know the difference. And many of you who think you do know the difference are generally talking out your you know what.

Rant done.
    If you ever consider a domestic partnership I appreciate you're well rounded sense of knowledge <3 (joking) . Lmao but really I've had real and fake wheels and live in a super hilly, shitty road filled city (nothing compared to NY or Cha town) but I've never had issues. I appreciate the quality of real wheels and would love to own as many sets as possible but seeing as a lot of people on this forum don't have an abundance of money to spend on our cars (including myself) we are forced to rock replicas. I currently run a set of BBS RS reps and have had no issues, obviously I don't try to flaunt or show off my wheels but I'm not going to lie they still look absolutely fantastic. +1 to you jrinne for being rad.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

but they are still required to meet certain load bearing requirements and therefore are typically heavier than low pressure cast wheels. Are the more susceptible to failure? Possibly. There are a TON of variables in the production process so it's difficult to generalize (even though most of these multi piece prima donnas do it). If you track your car or regularly commute through New York or Chicago, maybe gravity cast isn't for you. For all of us enthusiasts who live in the real world, we'll probably never know the difference. And many of you who think you do know the difference are generally talking out your you know what.

Rant done.
      Isn't it funny that american wheel companies require no testing of their wheels as long as they put a tiny little asterisk that says *for offroad use only? Please stop... you're just talking out of your you know what

@OP, throw on some OE wheels while saving for safe wheels and you'll be golden. It looks good

Comment

Beautiful car, well executed and on a budget.
        Bravo!

And to all the talk about the wheels, this fodder has gotten out of control.
        I love how everyone freaks out about "replica" wheels. Most of them are gravity cast and may not technically be as dense and rigid as low pressure casting that companies like Rotiform (the GODs of Stanceworks) use but they are still required to meet certain load bearing requirements and therefore are typically heavier than low pressure cast wheels. Are the more susceptible to failure? Possibly. There are a TON of variables in the production process so it's difficult to generalize (even though most of these multi piece prima donnas do it). If you track your car or regularly commute through New York or Chicago, maybe gravity cast isn't for you. For all of us enthusiasts who live in the real world, we'll probably never know the difference. And many of you who think you do know the difference are generally talking out your you know what.

Rant done.
        This dead horse has been beaten for half of a decade now. You don't get it, and that's ok. Just know that you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
          If you ever consider a domestic partnership I appreciate you're well rounded sense of knowledge <3 (joking) . Lmao but really I've had real and fake wheels and live in a super hilly, shitty road filled city (nothing compared to NY or Cha town) but I've never had issues. I appreciate the quality of real wheels and would love to own as many sets as possible but seeing as a lot of people on this forum don't have an abundance of money to spend on our cars (including myself) we are forced to rock replicas. I currently run a set of BBS RS reps and have had no issues, obviously I don't try to flaunt or show off my wheels but I'm not going to lie they still look absolutely fantastic. +1 to you jrinne for being rad.
          Thanks buddy!

Originally posted by nishy View Post
          Isn't it funny that american wheel companies require no testing of their wheels as long as they put a tiny little asterisk that says *for offroad use only? Please stop... you're just talking out of your you know what
          Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
          This dead horse has been beaten for half of a decade now. You don't get it, and that's ok. Just know that you're wrong.
          Yeah, you're right I've been in the enthusiast game for 20+ years, I just don't get it ...

Comment

Quality is not the only factor. It's the fact that these companies are making money off of stolen designs. It isn't only the "rotas" of the industry either, but I won't use this as a platform to voice my complaints about the current state of the industry.

OP, the car looks good, but I hope you consider supporting companies that put countless of hours into r&d and design, instead of those making money by selling stolen designs and inferior quality. The 1200 or whatever could have easily been spent on a nice set of quality wheels.

Comment

Love the car man! My girlfriend had one like this that she wanted to fix up, but she was unfortunately in an accident and the car was totaled before she got to do anything to it. (She's completely fine btw ) but yeah it's nice to see how it looks with a nice drop and wheels. As for the wheels, I'm currently rocking a replica set as well.. Not proud of it, and I do get the comment above me saying that it's not just quality you're paying for, but it's to support the guys who put in the work designing them. As long as it keeps you happy for now, fitment wise lol. Definitely going to ditch my set and try and pick up some legit wheels soon! Keep up the good work though man!
              My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Nice 5er!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Nice e39...

Im thinking of getting one and those like yours keep dragging me to the positive "just do it" side

1963 850 - 1408cc, 45DCOE, 'S' 7.5" brakes, 6-point cage, blasted, Velo GPT-2's, rear beam

Comment

Always love a clean E39!

Comment

Working...
                    X