European Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P78 View Post
    instead of tourist overflown bruges, might i suggest Ghent?
    Have you been? Is there much to do?

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
    Just go to Prague instead, lol
    I love Prague, we went last time, apart from Chris drove directly to the Catherdral and I don't think we were supposed to do that. Especially as they were doing some sort of demonstration or changing of the guards at the time hahaha!!

I just thanked god we were in the Mk4 and not the Smoke Machine Mk2 Van!!!

I have literally JUST realised that we are flying to Eindhoven which is a small trek away from 'dam! So Ghent would probably be a better idea!!
    Instagram: @Lhottekins

Comment

i'm from belgium

it's basically the same as bruges, but smaller and less touristy, a lot of history also

eindhoven? then you are near germany, so aachen or köln could be an option too
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Koln is a great city as well. The Duetzer Bruke is a cool place to take pictures of everything.
        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          i'm from belgium

it's basically the same as bruges, but smaller and less touristy, a lot of history also

eindhoven? then you are near germany, so aachen or köln could be an option too
          Ahhh we can come and stay with you then hahaha

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
          Koln is a great city as well. The Duetzer Bruke is a cool place to take pictures of everything.
          Shall have a ganders!

Thanks guys

Comment

haha, maybe, depends on what the gf will say

i usually don't plan ahead that far

i live more south (mechelen) another quaint little town
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

If you really want to go to Wörthersee, then fly there (Graz airport I gues) instead of Amsterdam. I live 40kms above Amsterdam and work there, and I really H@TE the city. It's way overrated imho. Too many (drug)tourists and the weather sucks arse anyway
              Better go to a city like Prague instead as stated by someone else previously. far more romantic for you and the BF
              Lucas
              Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
              Originally posted by LCG
              High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Flights are already booked and Ryanair are like no refund

There is 4 of us going in total so not really bothered about the romance part haha!

I ust want to go and do lots and see lots! I **** holidays where you sit and do nothing!!

Comment

Ok well then, do as many tourist trips as possible in Amsterdam, Go to the Zaanse Schans if you want to look at some typical dutch windmills, And maybe go to the Kaasmarkt (cheese market) in Alkmaar.
                  The 5th of May is actually our Liberation day. So lot's of events to go to in Amsterdam.

In May there are not so many/no car related events to visit. And IMHO the costs to get to Wörthersee don't really make it worth it...

Oh and don't forget to go out in Amsterdam on saturday night

Maybe a useful link:
                  What's on in Amsterdam Netherlands in May 2024. Curated listing of special events, concerts, sports, football, museums, exhibitions, festivals and more.
                  Last edited by loekaaz; 01-21-2015, 06:36 AM.
                  Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Super useful link!!!

Some pretty awesome stuff going on that week!! Maybe we could spend all week there!! hah

I don't think we will head to Worthersee. Seems like it is WAY too much effort involved.

Was a nice thought. Maybe next year!

Comment

Working...
                    X