New Guy From Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy From Down Under

Hey everyone, I'm Ash from Melbourne Australia.

Bought here from searching for info on the trusty Toyota Hilux and wheel options etc for semi mini-truck styling and found the NZ Hilux Alex built.

Decided to hang around and have a read of a few threads and looks like some awesome info here.

I'm about to buy a mid 90s Hilux Dual Cab, as I need the 4 door for baby seats atm and the tray for hauling dirt bikes (best of both worlds)

Current rides are a 1997 Subaru Liberty Wagon (wife's car) and 1999 GT Forester (about to be sold after Hilux is registered to pay for parts )

No doubt I'll be hitting up people for answers re: tyre options/ suspension parts in no time.

Cheers,

Ash

So.. I have bought a 1990 Toyota Hilux Dual cab, stock apart from 6x9s in the door, and "fully sick" shift knob.

I pick it up tomorrow night so pics will be headed to a build thread (most probably Sunday)

First things first, registration, then wheels then low..

Comment

Cool pickup (no pun intended). Post some pix of your current cars too

Welcome to S|W

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Big news, I picked up the ute today untested and drove it 200 kms home. it ran like a dream.

rather impressed with the find.

This is the last photo of the brumby, as it's being picked up tomorrow morning

This 1999 GT Forester will soon be going too, to fund the minitruck

And my wife's 1997 Liberty. I've had this car over 12 years now. Is the RX model so elec everything, climate control, cruise etc.

so tomorrow I'll start up a build thread, for when I start to pull the bull bar off and clean the ute.

I think I got a free pair of socks in the back of the cab as well.... ewwwwww
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm so clean.

also go that horrible sticker from the windscreen and the 2tonne bullbar off the front -> straight to ebay.

next post I'll start up the build thread when I get around to working on the car
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X