Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Groundhog Day ... Yep, another 911

Having the intake manifold (s?) Machined to say lamborfuckinghini would be next level, just saying lmao. Can't wait to hear it
    Do a ricer full throttle flyby for us please.
    You can daily a monster truck, it's still not practical.
    Dailylow.

Intro;
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Update:

I had my fabricator create a non-merged system. Sounds so much better and now has instant throttle response.

Then Valentino Balboni signed my car.

Then it hit 30k miles

Then I went to the same dyno inside a wind tunnel where my previous set up put down 611whp

Then this happened . . .

lamborfuckinghini

Definitely post a vid.

Why do we not get a sound clip of this? Also, excellent numbers

50whp for some ebay headers? not bad at all. How much were they?

Quote Originally Posted by slamitall View Post
    Why do we not get a sound clip of this? Also, excellent numbers
    Will get one soon. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by becausephilchow View Post
    50whp for some ebay headers? not bad at all. How much were they?
    Power gains were much better than expected, it also gained 62wtq. Cost . . . about half of the Viper's purchase price.
    lamborfuckinghini

Damn, what a gain for a NA engine!

Need some sound here

Then Valentino Balboni signed my car.
    Better than the guy who let Balboni drive his and Balboni proceeded to crash it.
    Instagram: @Eurow

That's a big gain from one single modification... you sure there's no magic going on to get to that verrrry particular power figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Buick40 View Post
    That's a big gain from one single modification... you sure there's no magic going on to get to that verrrry particular power figure?
    Well, it's not really 'one single modification' and the changes are drastic. Tubular headers with very tight radius bends were replaced with tubular headers with long runners that are .5" larger in diameter; new collectors are designed to not have turbulence; the muffler section has changed from 2.5" to 3" and removed two y-pipe. Also, this is a 6.5 litre V12 that spins to 8000 RPM, allowing the engine to breathe and exhale better makes a big difference.

Wish there was footage of my response after the 666 pull.
    lamborfuckinghini

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Well, it's not really 'one single modification' and the changes are drastic. Tubular headers with very tight radius bends were replaced with tubular headers with long runners that are .5" larger in diameter; new collectors are designed to not have turbulence; the muffler section has changed from 2.5" to 3" and removed two y-pipe. Also, this is a 6.5 litre V12 that spins to 8000 RPM, allowing the engine to breathe and exhale better makes a big difference.

Wish there was footage of my response after the 666 pull.
    Duly noted (I know it's a big job, wasn't tryin'a belittle your work - longtime listener, first time caller). I know less about N/A engines than turbos - do you think that the displacement or high redline plays a larger role in the effectiveness of a full exhaust upgrade like this, or do they work in tandem?

You've got my response after seeing that figure, hahah. If it were mine, I'd have a hard time adding more power

Quote Originally Posted by Buick40 View Post
    Duly noted (I know it's a big job, wasn't tryin'a belittle your work - longtime listener, first time caller). I know less about N/A engines than turbos - do you think that the displacement or high redline plays a larger role in the effectiveness of a full exhaust upgrade like this, or do they work in tandem?

You've got my response after seeing that figure, hahah. If it were mine, I'd have a hard time adding more power
    They work in tandem, so it's a large displacement engine that makes power at high rpm, so moving a lot of air/exhaust and the least restriction to and from the engine makes the most power.

For comparison, my Viper is 8.0L but only two valves per cylinder, so it isn't efficient at moving the air/exhaust, upping the throttle bodies from 60mm to 70mm has zero gains because the stock heads cannot flow more. Viper's powerband is basically flat from 5200rpm-6000rpm (redline) and Lambo gains about 100whp in that same rpm range.

It's a pretty good number, no need for more.
    lamborfuckinghini

still need sound clips and a wot flyby, for uh, research, just saying...
    You can daily a monster truck, it's still not practical.
    Dailylow.

Intro;
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Always room for more power!