Audi A1 by mgpdoc ••

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo wich car was your daily again?
    Dutch language sounds like a drunk German trying to speak English, while on magic mushroom, eating Belgian waffles.

Comment

• Should retrim the front and rear seats in the same diamond stitch pattern!

Comment

• These RECAROS sit a bit too low which I like, but not so much for daily movement
        I am a bit sceptical for now. Of course noone makes mounts for these cars.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

• i just dont think it jives with the rest of the interior... i would get some more oem looking. maybe put the golf seats in this?

Comment

• It was looking great in my opinion, and it would even better once it was retrimmed.
            However i also have the A4 seats which are electric ans very nice

Comment

• yes, the a4 seats should look sick in this.

Comment

• So my wheels on this car, are not Volk TE37SL a design which I adore, but are Rota Grids, a wheel that i have been running for many years both in the Gti, and the A4 even, being in drag races, when the car was pushing more than 700hp.

So, I like the design of TE37SL but also wanted to make sure noone thought the wheel was a Volk by mistake. So i came across some nice badges over at ebay. let me show you

Ordered red and yellow as i couldnt decide what would look better.

Car was filthy so only cleaned one spoke to see how it would look

Ignore the yellow dots they will later be changed

I then moved to the other side and tested the yellow ones

Really liked the yellow side as well

So I decided one side would be yellow and the other red, at least for now, Carrera GT style - LOL

All red the same night

I love how practical the car can be with the THULE bars

I then gave two of my cars a good clean myself

More to come

Cheers

Mike ( @mgpdoc over at instagram )

Comment

• So been a while since i updated this

some minor mods first but nonetheless nice mods

So this is how the light switch comes from factory

I dont really like the multi-color theme going on here

Prefer something a little more subtle that flows with the white-red theme on the interior lighting. So removed the switch (possible one of the hardest switches to remove in a VAG car i think, lol)

Changed some Leds and we have something like this

much better

Bought some detailing stuff that i have been wanting to get for some time now, but always neglected it

Firstly this, that leaves such an amazing finish inside the trims, highly recommend it

And then some stuff for better and faster everyday washing procedure

And of course a foam lance for my Karcher machine

Great Quality

More importantly though, I had the car properly detailed.
                  Some pics of it finished, and i will post a proper story of the detailing session in a next post I will make for those interested in Detailing Sessions

Cheers

Hope you liked it

Mike

Comment

• I cleaned the car at home, and went to the shop where we began the inspection. Car was looking good from a distance, but things were different in a closer look. You will see what I mean in the pics to follow.

So,

-We went around the car with a good clay bar session
                    -Car was corrected with a combo of Correction Compound D300 and Meguiar's 105 in a MF pad mostly
                    -Then Orange Lake County with Menzerna PF2500
                    -White with Meg's 205
                    -Jewelling with a Rotary and white pad with Car Pro Essence

Then a day later
                    -Swissvax Crystal Rock
                    -Finished everything with a Swissvax Quick Finish

-Glasses/Windows were polished with Car Pro Ceri Glass
                    -Flyby Forte Seal was applied as well

-Trims were treated with Car Pro Delux with amazing results- cant recommend this enough

-Wheels were sealed with Swissvax Autobahn
                    -Interior was done with mostly Swissvax products on the alcantara parts, and finished the plastic trims with the amazing Meguiar's Ultimate Interior Detailer, which I loved so much that I also bought it, just like a DeLux kit for me to have.

So onto pics, which is what everyone wants to see I guess. Befores and Afters, and then some final pics. Excuse my photographic skills, these pics though have zero edit on them.

I also removed my tailights which were stained in the plastic part, and made them satin black, with an oem finish

And we also polished them as well afterwards

And onto some finished pics inside the shop

Interior was not left unloved either

And some pics with a clear sky above and natural light, again no edit in these pics.

I hope you liked it, I know I certainly did.

Comments and criticism are always welcome.

Cheers guys

Mike

Comment

• Whenever I need to be inspired, I take a look at your threads. Always beautiful work!

Comment

• Thank you sir

Comment

• I love how you don't just throw a shitload of money into your cars, but an equal amount (or more) effort and hard work too.
                          Your threads are always worth the subsription. keep it up!

Has the 1.6 tdi actually been enhanced performance wise? I'm currently considering buying one for/with the GF. But tax wise we can also opt for the 1.2/1.4 tsi's. Which would you consider the better option?
                          Last edited by loekaaz; 11-25-2016, 07:00 AM.
                          Lucas
                          Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                          Originally posted by LCG
                          High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

• looks absolutely amazing

Comment

• 1.6 tdi all the away... they are cheap to run.

Comment

• Some Teasers of some changes we made

Retrofit of TTS (8S) steering wheel completed

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPCKIRBS1p0"]2015 Audi TTS (8S) retrofitted on mgpdoc's 2014 Audi A1 - YouTube[/ame]

Plus some more changes in dash illumination, for subtle white and red theme, rather than the yellow and green ones

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ow4mClLnk"]MGPDOC AUD1ESEL TTS (8S) Steering Wheel Engine Start - YouTube[/ame]

More info to follow

Comment

Working...
                                X