This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travis C View Post
    ^^^ If you don't know just ask here, there are many people that can lead you in the right direction.
    I have 2 SB-600s and want a decent, reliable remote trigger option. I have looked at pocket wizard and talked to mike about CyberSync, but neither seem to have a solution for speedlights (for nikon at least for pocket wizard has suff for cannon and coming for nikon later this year) any suggestions, or on a decent priced set of strobes?

Comment

d40.
      18-55mm
      50mm
      55-200mm

I need more money.

Comment

Nikon D90
        18-105mm

Im a newb.

Comment

I want Alien Bees but I have no idea which one. Help!!

Comment

I might suggest that if you don't know, you might not be ready to invest in ABs. Otherwise, just get the B800.

Comment

Hmmm just picked up a D300 Buh bye D50...

Comment

Originally posted by Travis C View Post
                Hmmm just picked up a D300 Buh bye D50...
                Jealous. Nice pick up.

Comment

Just recently made the swap from D40 to 40D.
                  so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

D50
                    D90

18-55mm AF-S f/3.5-5.6 (for sale)
                    18-105mm AF-S f/3.5-5.6
                    70-300mm AF-S f/4.5-5.6 (for sale)
                    50mm AF-S f/1.4 (for sale)
                    12-24mm AF-S f/4 (trading soon for the new 10-24mm to get a little wider)

SB400
                    SB600

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                      I might suggest that if you don't know, you might not be ready to invest in ABs. Otherwise, just get the B800.
                      Im looking for a setup I can grow with and not out grow.

Comment

I had an oldschool 300D. I seriously lost it, but I think I got jacked because I am also missing about $500 in tools recently. Either way, I have been playing with my friends D70 and my sisters D40. I can safely say I am going to make the switch to Nikon. I have grown fond of their camera setups now. Even though 90% of my friends shoot canon.

Comment

Go with your gut, but i'll back you all the way with Nikon

Comment

I definitely want to make the switch, I prefer how you adjust the shutter and apeture on the Nikon formats much much more than Canon, but I intially went canon way way way back when I was on film and never looked back till now.

Comment

Have you used a "modern" Canon body to compare to this Nikons?

Comment

i use canon for all my point and shoots, very easy and great feel but for my dslr nikon felt better in my hands. i dont care how much something is rated; if it doesnt feel right, i wont use it.

go with what feels better to you. canon is cheaper then nikon, nikon has superior glass to canon, canon and nikon bodies are almost the same when compared. i think the last rating i saw was the new canon and nikon d5000 and one was 98 the other 97, they are that close.

Comment

Working...
                                X