How do sponsorships work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do sponsorships work?

So after seeing more and more people showing their 'finished' projects and talking about how awesome it is when you get parts sent home for free, I was wondering how the whole sponsorship thing works?

My project car is a 1967 Mustang than won't be like any other classic Mustang.. My main problem as a student is that I currently can't afford all the epic stuff I want for my project, like coilovers (or bags), roll cages and so on...

Maybe someone who is reading this realized his project with the help of sponsors too..?

My Builds
    1967 Mustang
    Miata

Instagram: crisseh95

They will sponsor you if they think they will benefit from it. Simple as that.

They are not out there to support people who can't afford to build their DIY garage builds for charity.

They want their windshield banner across the car that turns heads and attracts people at car shows.

Tire companies aren't just handing out free tires to people because they enjoy drifting and attend skid pad events. They hand them out because they are killing it out there on the track and people are seeing their decal across the side when they drift at car events.

Comment

Another thing to note is most of these people have had other builds that were epic. People saw that. It's sort of like building your resume. Build your car resume and have a few clean builds to show off and they will sponsor another one as long as you represent them well.

It's one of those times where people who already have a bunch of money and hook ups get more free stuff and more hook ups.

Comment

typically a build that gets any sort of sponsor at any time has done something noteworthy enough to get the attention of the sponsor and contact is then made. its mostly who you know and what you can provide to the company that is giving free or discounted product.

its also easier to get a small company to sponsor or partial sponsor some aspect of a build. as an example, I allot a certain amount each year to sponsored projects but the allotments are usually full before anyone random tries to contact the studio.
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by pDubs View Post
          It's one of those times where people who already have a bunch of money and hook ups get more free stuff and more hook ups.
          This.

Alright thanks for clearing me up!

My Builds
          1967 Mustang
          Miata

Instagram: crisseh95

Comment

Working...
          X