Winter rides.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter rides.

I know some of you drive your cars year-round, what do you guys do to set up for winter? For those of you who don't, what do you cruise around in during the winter months?

Blizzak's and some Style 44 and the E46 becomes a riot in the snow.

Just kidding, my wife gets to drive the fun car while I drive either one of these.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

we don't have the harsh winters you guys have (snow will fall and stay for a couple of weeks)

but i don't do winterstuffs

i only take off my wheels because polished lips and salt don't mix
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

IF it snows i'll pull my front bumper off to save it from dying and that's it. If it's bad enough i'll just stay the fuck home.
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

I drive the same cars I drive in the summer on the same wheels.

I **** and don't understand winter wheels. Winter tires? Yeah. But I'll keep the same wheels thanks .

I'm tryin to flex year round, not just in the warm months. Besides, When every other car is covered in salt and the roads are white, nothing looks better and stands out more than a freshly washed car with freshly polished lips.

sigpic

Comment

^ The man has quite a point there...
          If shit can happen, shit's bound to happen.

Comment

I can't bring myself to run my OZs during winter so this happens:

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post

I **** and don't understand winter wheels. Winter tires? Yeah. But I'll keep the same wheels thanks .

I'm tryin to flex year round, not just in the warm months. Besides, When every other car is covered in salt and the roads are white, nothing looks better and stands out more than a freshly washed car with freshly polished lips.
              Reasons why it's a good idea to use winter wheels and tires
              1. Corrosion. Have you ever seen what salt and sand does to aluminum? Yes, you can polish the lips. But what about all the small, inaccessible nooks and crannies? The bolt holes, the mating surface of the face/lip/barrel, the insides of the lips, etc. Somehow I doubt you're taking the time to take the wheels off and clean up the inside of the waffles each time you drive.
              2. Potholes. Lots and lots of potholes. And I'm sure you can imagine what happens when you run into a 6" pothole at 35mph. Suddenly you have oval-shaped wheels on one side.
              3. Convenience. Swapping over a complete set of wheels and proper snow tires takes minutes, and is cost-effective. Pay to have someone mount and balance once, install, then store during the offseason. Especially helpful if there's a freak snowstorm and you need your snowtires mounted NOW. Also, think of the wear and tear you're saving your allseason tires (if you use those dreadful things) when you're using snow tires the other half of the year.
              4. Accidents. You're more likely to get T-boned by the college student who has bald allseasons on her mom's Camry because she thought she could stop on an ice/snow covered road in the middle of December. Bumper, meet expensive wheel. Expensive wheel, meet bumper.
              5. Risk vs. Reward. All that work for a payoff that lasts roughly a mile, then your wheels are coated with salt dust and slush.

97% of the people you drive by on a daily basis in the middle of winter don't care what your wheels look like in the dead of winter.
              Last edited by MommysLittleMonster; 11-19-2014, 11:37 AM.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post

Scene points double in the winter.
                IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Just average black steelies fitted with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7.
                  They do the job

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                    Reasons why it's a good idea to use winter wheels and tires
                    1. Corrosion. Have you ever seen what salt and sand does to aluminum? Yes, you can polish the lips. But what about all the small, inaccessible nooks and crannies? The bolt holes, the mating surface of the face/lip/barrel, the insides of the lips, etc. Somehow I doubt you're taking the time to take the wheels off and clean up the inside of the waffles each time you drive.
                    2. Potholes. Lots and lots of potholes. And I'm sure you can imagine what happens when you run into a 6" pothole at 35mph. Suddenly you have oval-shaped wheels on one side.
                    3. Convenience. Swapping over a complete set of wheels and proper snow tires takes minutes, and is cost-effective. Pay to have someone mount and balance once, install, then store during the offseason. Especially helpful if there's a freak snowstorm and you need your snowtires mounted NOW. Also, think of the wear and tear you're saving your allseason tires (if you use those dreadful things) when you're using snow tires the other half of the year.
                    4. Accidents. You're more likely to get T-boned by the college student who has bald allseasons on her mom's Camry because she thought she could stop on an ice/snow covered road in the middle of December. Bumper, meet expensive wheel. Expensive wheel, meet bumper.
                    5. Risk vs. Reward. All that work for a payoff that lasts roughly a mile, then your wheels are coated with salt dust and slush.

97% of the people you drive by on a daily basis in the middle of winter don't care what your wheels look like in the dead of winter.

Whatever. I've driven on those RS for the past 3 winters with salt and everything. To me, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. I use my stuff, just because I spent money on something doesn't mean I'm not gonna enjoy it. The finish on the faces is far from perfect. The car is far from perfect. And actually I take the caps off every night. (They've been stolen before) I use Achilles or Accleras. I think they're a summer tire.

I have potholes year round. I can drive a lowered car. No more of an issue than it is in the summer.

Accidents? Whenever I'm at a light and no one is behind me, my eyes stay on my rear view, and I leave atleast a car length infront of me. (That distance is multiplied in snow) Again, no change here.

97% of people I drive by on a daily basis in the summer don't care either. I don't do it for other people.

And what Ashton said. Scenepoints - through the freakin roof in winter. How do you think I got my IG followers (Joking)

Not trying to start anything here or whatever. None of my friends use winter wheels either.
                    Last edited by Nicolaus Pro; 11-19-2014, 07:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

When the Kia was low I'd just throw on some winter wheels and tires and let er rip.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

stocks......quattro solves all issues

Dubber from the PNW
                        Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39429
                        Daily Thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39066

Comment

I moved to CA. Much easier on the cars and I get summer mode year round

Although it is getting to be light jacket weather.

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                            IF it's bad enough i'll just stay the fuck home.
                            +1

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                            Originally posted by nickskater09
                            I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

My e30 with studded tires.

SOLD My feature: http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Working...
                              X