Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how'd you name your car?

Every car has a name...
    Whether it be from annoyance or love, we all have named our cars.

All of my cars have a name.
    My '04 F150 FX4 is Phoebe, she was the kinda truck you can get in and go do, almost, anything. She's towed boats, helped me move three times, got me out of and into some sticky situations. Thus, Phoebe. It's just the kinda name that makes you think of a funky, down for whatever girl. She was my go to until someone tried to sweeten her tank and she broke down on me, and is currently partially dismantled in my parents yard.

My '04 Forester XS(boo, NA) is Suzy. Subie + Fozzie = Suzy. I like it, she's a simple silver over gray bumpers. She's been deemed reliable after her three hundred mile drive home, versatile by carrying five people plus a dog rather happily and I'm already in love. Just got her on Saturday and I've already clocked about six hundred miles.

The loaner I have from my girlfriend's dad because of Phoebe's break down is the green hornet. It's a beat to shit '98 Elantra. Over two hundred and something odd thousand miles, still runs like a top. I just have to get it back to him so he can sell it after the work I've done to get it back to good, mechanical, condition.

So those are my three, what about you?
    Names and how they originated?
    '04 Forester XS, all stock for now, got some stuff in the works
    '04 F150 FX4, leveled on 33s... waitwut

Naming cars is weird

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

I do not name cars(or other inanimate objects). It is strange,

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by e39hamann View Post
        Naming cars is weird
        Originally posted by zoo View Post
        I do not name cars(or other inanimate objects). It is strange,
        too cool for school i guess

ive never really gotten into naming my cars either, but its been more of a lack of connection with the car thing.

but my new car which is a '14 vw jetta sports wagen in red looks like a giant red dick so my wife and i call it lipstick

my other two cars the 98m3 is unnamed as of yet because its cold and boring, and my new e34 touring project is in the process of getting named cause it was instant love heres my thought process on the touring.

-its alpine white with lots of black trim-my wife sugested panda bear (meh, also too chinesey)
        -its kinda large-maybe bertha or berta
        -german-brumhilda?
        -back to being white, i was thinking also- dr rockzo from metalocalypse cause he really likes cocaine-i really like metalocalypse soo yea

Comment

Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
          too cool for school i guess

ive never really gotten into naming my cars either, but its been more of a lack of connection with the car thing.

but my new car which is a '14 vw jetta sports wagen in red looks like a giant red dick so my wife and i call it lipstick

my other two cars the 98m3 is unnamed as of yet because its cold and boring, and my new e34 touring project is in the process of getting named cause it was instant love heres my thought process on the touring.

-its alpine white with lots of black trim-my wife sugested panda bear (meh, also too chinesey)
          -its kinda large-maybe bertha or berta
          -german-brumhilda?
          -back to being white, i was thinking also- dr rockzo from metalocalypse cause he really likes cocaine-i really like metalocalypse soo yea
          I vote for Dr. Rockzo... metalocalypse is the Shiz-nit!

I've always named all my cars. But they're usually based off color so I'm not super original.

First car was an '89 Civic it was a faded old blue color, so it was named "Blue" after Blue from 'Old School' so it was pretty fitting. I used to dog the shit out of that car and shout "You're my boy blue". It would top out at about 85 MPH with the gas pinned. But it was also always weighed down with my 2 friends and our bikes. I had a $500 beater Honda and we had BMX bikes that were worth around $1200 each. So a $500 Civic carrying $3500+ worth of "kids bikes" those were the days.

Next car was one of my favorites and I wish I had never sold it. White '91 Honda Accord wagon with blue interior. That thing was a champ. I put some matte black vinyl on the bottom half of the doors, and we made a sweet hood stripe I lovingly called the "Power Stripe - for pure intimidation factor". And I had a huge Zero skull decal plastered on the side and the gas door or "gas hole" as I called it opened through the eye. You know so I could cut down on the grocery-getter vibe. Since it was black and white I could have been original and named it the "Storm Trooper" and keyed that term but instead I named it "Whitey". I still regret selling that car. Paint was faded but the interior was cherry and it was Honda-indestructable.

My next car was a 1964 Gold/Brown Impala I got for a High School graduation present. I named it "Big Brown Bettie". Still got her, she's my first baby and what really got me into cars.

Next I learned to drive a stick on a '93 Honda Civic. Again a second white car that I didn't have long or care much about. I basically bought it to have short-term to learn stick on. So I simply named her "Whitey 2".

My current car is an '03 GTI. Black magic pearl color. This time I named her "Little Black Bettie" After the Ram Jam song. Since she was my baby too if felt right to have a "Big Brown Bettie", and my "Little Black Bettie". It was funny that year I bought the GTI was the year the new beetle commercial came on the super bowl with that song. I knew all was right with the Dub Gods and myself.

My wife's car is a Uni-black '05.5 Jetta she refused to name. So I named her "Joan Jetta" since it had leather interior and was all black(Joan Jett was famous for wearing all black and leather). She loves the name.

I've always named my cars. I link it to the scene in Forest Gump where the old guy tells Forest it was bad luck to have a boat with no name...

Comment

I've never named a car either.

Comment

My car is purple and its a turd ergo "The Purple Turd"

Comment

My e28 was called Ratty. Mostly cause the paint was never nice.

ODB got his name because it has the filthiest M30 I've ever been around. It's impossible to put a hand inside the engine bay without it becoming totally black.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

I have an old ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee that I named teh HEEP. Because it is... But because wheeling rig= IDGAF
                  -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                  '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                  '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Im a member of the "naming cars is dumb" club
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Naming cars is stupid.
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

this guy named his car

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          this guy named his car

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                          -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                          '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                          '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

I call my car Jetta. Too easy?
                            How about Jetski?
                            Or maybe Phantom?

Or ... yeah I'll stop there.

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              Im a member of the "naming cars is dumb" club

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              Naming cars is stupid.

Sent from my local pay phone using 1-800-COLLECT

Comment

Working...
                              X