Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's like driving a photoshopped Ferrari with splits and 6" lips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How deep are the lips, fronts and rears ? Did i mention i love them ?!

Comment

6" rear and 4.5" front (from front the bolt surface to edge, there may be another 1/2" or so under the face)
      My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

Haha, this thing is so over the top in the best way. I'm guessing the rears are the most aggressive 11" they could make?

Loving the progress!

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

Love it bud.

Comment

Is it just me or did it look lower on the X5 wheels?

I think it looks great, love the license plate too, didn't notice it in the last thread. I think if you go a little more aggressive with the fitment it'll look better, but I understand it's a daily.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

It's actually 7mm lower now due to reduced tire diameter. Not really noticeable.

Comment

What's limiting you from going lower with the bags?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I would need to lower the shock perches on the Airlift V2 struts. I've already elongated the holes, but rewelding the mounts is too sketchy for my liking.

Comment

My brain was so confused for a good 3 minutes. This is so rad dude!

Comment

I think it looks weird. But the work you have done is impressive.
                      - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                      - '10 TT RS
                      - '13 A3 SB

Comment

With an attempt at some constructive criticism - of course, this is all my $0.02, so take it for what you will.

I still think this car is rad. I'm excited to see an update to it. I know you just bought brand new expensive wheels, so it's no fun to hear people saying "I don't like them" or "they were better before," but I've got to take that side of things. They're your wheels and if you're happy with them, power to you!

But I think they just look dated. They don't fit too well either. The X5 setup looked phenomenal and really complimented the car - now I feel like I'm looking at something from 6Speed Online.

The necessity for very low offsets is understood, but I think that could present a chance to do some interesting things - the gigantic, flat-lipped style faded out a number of years ago, with stepped lips being the current "fashionable" thing. I think steps would help immensely - but there's also concaved faces and such.

I don't think the tires fit. I like stretch, but something is off here. It looks stretched for no reason.
                        I think the front wheels need to be pushed out significantly too. I'm sure there's fear of damaging fresh body work - so lift up to drive, but as a car that's on air, I don't see a reason for the front wheels to be so inboard.

Nevertheless, good work on the car. Keep doing your thing!

Comment

I wish this thing would lay frame. For some reason it just looks way too high. But keep doing your thing, I drive a Corolla so I get both love and hate. It's just something you have to get used to.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

Tough crowd. I got so much **** for not having three-piece wheels over the years and now I plunk down 3x what I paid for the X5 wheels/tires and opinions are mixed.

As I prefer to polarize people, I'm digging it and I like the wheels.

Comment

the fact you pulled this off so well is absolutely mind blowing.

Comment

Like Mike said it's your car and if you like it that's what matter. Nice ride, btw it deff looks like a lot of work went into your Faux30 (I like that btw lol)
                                Last edited by Chasen88; 09-03-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X