Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's like driving a photoshopped Ferrari with splits and 6" lips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome.
    The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
    Originally posted by Dubway5887
    I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

Originally posted by gestanzed View Post
      Gonestly... in my humble opinion... lips that wide without a step look simply disgusting. have fun with it though!

Edit: Wait, what? Thats not a 'rari but a Celica? Ok, just got from disgusting to ridiculous. Fake wheels are nearly common now, saidly, but fake cars are way too much for me.
      Haha yeah because this is equivalent to cheap replica wheels with shoddy build quality
      Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

funny, I'm almost never into this sort of thing, but the body looks like it was done to a very high level.

wheel update is needed.. what bolt pattern is the car? I would love to build a set of wheels for this thing
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

This thread is basically a wheel update. I normally spend $1200-1500 on wheels/tires and I've had 16 sets on my Jaguar in a 5 year period. These were several factors more expensive, so won't be changing them for a while. I'm not a fan of step-lipped wheels on modern cars and while a set of BBS RS would have some comedic value on this car, I don't think I'll do something like that unless it's for a winter set.

Edit: It's 5x100, but is a good foot wider than a normal T23 Celica, so needs needs reverse offset and then some. TRD brakes also require a 19" or very careful fitment of 18's.
          Last edited by exexpat; 09-02-2014, 09:00 AM.
          My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

yeah, I was actually hoping a nice 40 bolt 18" stepped lip set of wheels with custom faces... I'm working on a few face designs at the moment, and am 3d printing them at full scale in a few days before cutting into the billet forgings...

cool though, very interesting project so far. your jag has always been a well sorted car in my opinion, i assume this will be exactly the same.
            sigpic
            1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
            1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

I doubt it's possible to get step-lipped 18's on this unless you flat lip the backs with effectively a straight drop to the rear barrel (which doesn't sound very strong btw). The inner diameter won't clear the calipers.

Comment

You don't need stretch on those tires. You've got plenty of space. Better turbo or something
                I <3 Poke

Comment

My eyes doth deceive me. Stretched tire animosity on Stanceworks? That is why I come here. I can get stretch tire **** on any car forum, but not here.

Edit: by the way I can't fit anything wider tire-wise in front and rub badly at full lock. I think 80mm of spacing compared to stock will do that with about any car.

Comment

I think its gone wrong since the X5 wheels.. Something about the fitment looks off..
                    IG: pwwhite

Comment

diggin' the update. Love your jag and the interior on the celly is sick
                      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Very nice man.

Comment

hmmm so fake wheels offend the masses but a fake car doesn't??? taken the wheel thing too far if that's how you feel.

Been around certain exotic cars most my life, that looks fake and tacky all day long. Its like the early 90,s

Comment

^ I can see how you can argue that, buuuuuttt

This is different. The owner have Toyota emblems and never passes it off as a Ferrari. In addition, unlike with fake wheels kit cars doesn't steal money from the auto makers, because if the person can afford a Ferrari they'll never spend money on a kit car as a substitution.

IMO of coarse.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Dude the car looks amazing, and the choice of wheels is perfect imo ! Totally bad#ss. I am glad you didn't do a step lip. I also like your plates and badging. Great job,..enjoy your awesome ride and forget the ******.

Comment

Apparently fake car does offend some. I knew that getting into this project, but I've also always been forthcoming with the car being a Toyota and now it has Celica badges on the rear and the hood + TRD badges on the sides. I just like the fabrication element to this car. It's been fun to figure everything out. Kind of like building a hot rod with modern amenities, but the chassis, drivetrain and much of the electrical is already sorted out.

Comment

Working...
                                X