Clear All

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
    I cant wait to see what happens

ahhhh
    +1
    My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Ok, so wheels are on...but all I really have to say is Meh...

Not sure I am really feeling it. Maybe I am just not low enough to pull of this color yet! Because I do like them in the pic before tires, when i held them closer to the fender Probably should have thrown 1/2in wider lips on them. But I only plan on running them until winter anyway, then I will get rid of them and work the new wheels that will arrive in December. These AMEs were more for educating me on three piece wheels and they were fun

I do have awesome new though! I found out the gecko coilovers have the same diameter and thread pitch as Megan coilovers. So that means I can bag them! I think I found my winter project

Comment

Bigger lips are def needed to pull these off imo. The color works good together though. I think you can go 1 or 2 inches lower all around
        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
          Bigger lips are def needed to pull these off imo. The color works good together though. I think you can go 1 or 2 inches lower all around
          Problem is I can't go much lower in the rear without runbing because at their current specs the tires have no stretch to help with clearance (can't tell in the pics but sidewalks actually stick out a bit). I can probably go about .5-.75 in lower in the rear without problems. Not a lot of people at fitting wheels on a veloster so I wasn't sure about specs back when I got the AMEs. But after these I got smart. The new wheels are 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 +45. The high offset will allow me to run wider specs so the tires can stretch more and I can drop it more . I may do the new wheels the same color though...
          Last edited by dminner; 10-04-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Nice, are you going with Brada's next? Just a wild guess :P. Either way I like the current wheels I just think they need more lip to work. Time for some flairs ;P

But i've come to realize im really happy you didnt go with the red centers. Would have looks so bad IMO
            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
              Nice, are you going with Brada's next? Just a wild guess :P. Either way I like the current wheels I just think they need more lip to work. Time for some flairs ;P

But i've come to realize im really happy you didnt go with the red centers. Would have looks so bad IMO
              These are the new wheels . I will sell the AMEs when winter hits to fund the suspension

and I agree about the red. Just kind of winging it with this car. Not a lot of modded velosters to pull ideas from. I will eventually get it right
              Last edited by dminner; 08-17-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Some decent cell phone pics of the car. Looks decent but definitely needs to be lower to pull off these, and especially the new step lipped wheels so I will be putting the wheels up for sale to fund a bag-coilover build...these pictures have made me realize that my first priority needs to be suspension. Didn't realize how high the car was until input the mint wheels on, it looked a lot lower with the black wheels. My old xB used to be bagged and I miss it, and my wife drives my car and I am a little scared to have it static haha, plus the coilover bag build will be a fun winter project

Comment

I like the soft colors. Sweet!
                  Lucas
                  Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                  Originally posted by LCG
                  High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
                    I like the soft colors. Sweet!
                    Thanks. Yeah, I cant decide if I want to do the new wheels the same color or not. Everyone seems more sure of the color combo than I do haha. I am still undecided on it...

Comment

No bad! Welcome fellow KDMer!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                        No bad! Welcome fellow KDMer!
                        Thanks, it will get better hopefully I posted the pics because everyone wanted to see the color combo BUT I am really not satisfied with what I see in the pics. These pics have made me realize that it is pointless to have nice wheels at this height! I need to be lower, especially to pull of color! I am selling the wheels and bagging it, the build keeps evolving.

Comment

YES!!! Come to the dark side!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                            YES!!! Come to the dark side!
                            I have already taken measurements on the front coilovers and know that thread on UAS brackets for megan coilovers will fit! Just trying to figure out the rear

Comment

I think they look good.

I don't know what it is about these Velosters, is it the clever and rebellious design or do they just look good I dont know.

But I like them lots
                              Don&Vlad || SOHK
                              ---------------------------------------------------------
                              '90 Honda Civic Shuttle EE2

Comment

Originally posted by Vladi View Post
                                I think they look good.

I don't know what it is about these Velosters, is it the clever and rebellious design or do they just look good I dont know.

But I like them lots
                                +1 Agreed
                                Lucas
                                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                                Originally posted by LCG
                                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                                X