No announcement yet.

Veloster Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be cool. I agree I think they look nice. Haven't seen too many slammed examples though

Comment

Anyone in the Indiana area stay FAR FAR away from Karma Koatings. This hack job powdercoated completely screwed up the wheels. And to top it off, will not give a refund and says the wheels are at fault (based on their condition) not him...Has the nerve to tell me how good of a deal he gave me.

Here are pics after I got them back last night.

They have debris and bubbles everywhere. Some areas are matte, some are clear, there are black spots all over them, no two are the same color. In fact, even the fronts and backs of the same wheels are different colors.

This is what I asked for:

They are now in the hands of a new powdercoater. Based on feed back from two other coaters: he didn't prep or clean them right, he shot them hot, he sprayed unevenly, he didn't heat consistently, and the black spots are dirt clear coated in!

The new powdercoater has already stripped them and just confirmed that they were never even sandblasted. The liar even told me how long he spent blasting them

The experience ruined the color red for me too lol. They are now getting coated a completely different color.

Comment

Wow, sorry to see such shitty exp. with someone paid to handle someone elses goods. I can't say I would have handled that the same way I might have lost my cool with that dick head. I think you should still go with the matte red though, would be different and look great. Either way, this will be sweet.
        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Yeah, idk the whole ordeal kinda just killed the red for me, idk why. The guy that has them now had 1000s of color swatches I could hold up to my car, which was nice. I ended up going with a light colored mint green. It looked super clean up against the light gray pearl color of my car. Not sure I have ever seen mint green wheels before.

Comment

Did a little sprucing up of some other pieces while waiting on the faces.

Thought about getting new valve stems but they are expensive and while these were dirty, the rubber gaskets were in great shape.

A little elbow grease transformed them

The center caps polished up really nice!

Comment

Nice build man, that sucks about the hack job PC'er!
              Keep it up!

Comment

Wow, that original powder coating was bloody terrible. I think I've seen nicer finishes from truck box liner that has been rolled around in sand while still wet.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

nice to know that if you're a high school drop-out bum, you can always open a powdercoating business

Comment

looking forward to seeing more of this.

Comment

The new powdercoater did an amazing job. Wheels are now mint green. Will bolt them together tomorrow Just need to figure out how to get the faces in. Tight fit. May try putting them in the freezer.

Comment

Wow, I like the mint better! Can't wait to see them on!
                        My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Very nice. Can't wait to see the wheels on it.

ENDLESS RIVAL: Art | Automotive Culture

Insta: @endlessrival | @_notlance

Wraith | 1966 Fairlane 500 | Gone
                          Six | 1995 S14 | Gone
                          Absolution | 1995 E36 | Current

Comment

Much nicer the second time around. maybe it's a sign the red was never meant to be.

Comment

My thoughts too

I currently have one face in the garage freezer. I will leave it in for a couple hours and hope it will slide into the barrel. I thought about putting the barrel in the oven at 200F...I heard that works really well, BUT I kept the clear coat on the lips and I'm not sure how heat resistant clear coat is so I figured I would try the freezer method first.

Comment

Bummer. Freezer gets me close but not all the way to where I need to be...two need pounded back out now because they are stuck halfway in. I need to find a bigger oven. Mine is just slightly too shallow

Comment

Working...
                                X