Veloster Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veloster Build

I decided to make a build thread here...while my car wont be super slammed like the norm here, I get a lot of inspiration from all the clean cars here and thought I would share.

My car is a Remix Edition Veloster in Sprint Grey that I bought a couple months ago.

Step one was leather. A Katskin kit in ash grey, as close of a color match as I could find.

Step two: wrap the bumper to get rid of the weird drop down part on the NA veloster.

Step three: drop. The end goal was coilovers, but money was tight and I found a set of eibachs at a good price and thought I would through them on as a temporary suspension. Well, turns out, I REALLY like them. They are not super low, but the drop matches the car fairly well and they rid so good.

I plan on keeping the eibachs for awhile so I will install these next weekend

Step four: wheels. I picked up a set of 18" AME Fins.

The fronts looks great, but the back of the wheels was another story. The paint was heavily oxidized, corroding, and flaking off. So I decided to redo the faces.

Dropped the faces off at the powdercoater. And began tackling the bolts and other parts.

Before:

After:

And some new bolts:

Still waiting to get the faces back from the powder coater so I decided to paint the inner barrels gloss black. Two down and two to go.

That where she stands now. I hope to have the faces back from the powdercoater this weekend

Looks nice so far, trying to talk the wife into one of these instead of her van.

Comment

it's weird seeing a veloster i like considering i'm around them and drive them all day at work. excited to see where this goes though dude!
      1997 Jeep Cherokee, 33's, 4.5 inch lift *gone but not forgotten*

1994 Acura Integra *gone and totally forgotten*

1987 BMW 528e *rip lil homie*

2010 Subaru Impreza

insta: @georgiebrums

Comment

Clean build. Did you order the OEM leathers through your dealer?
        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Nice, I always liked these cars. In for moooore
          My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Seriously cool car!

Love the fact there's a rear door only on the right hand side!

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
              Clean build. Did you order the OEM leathers through your dealer?
              I actually got lucky and found the dealer grade in the color I wanted on eBay.

I was hoping I would get the faces back from the powdercoater today....but haven't heard back yet...I am a little nervous...it doesn't seem like its exactly what we talked about...so I am hoping I like it. I wanted a matte candy red. The coater ended up doing a four stage coat of chrome, then candy red, then matte, then metallic flake. The metallic flake sounds like a cool addition, but seems a little strange to me to add it at the end...I am hoping it doesn't add gloss to the matte finish I wanted...I don't really know anything about powder coating though so I am probably worried over nothing. Will post pics of the finished product soon

Comment

damn, so far so good man! really looking forward to this, i still suggest going coil overs for a better fitment, especially with those wheels its gonna look awesome!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

I may eventually. I ran coilovers on my last two cars. That was the plan with this car too. I just picked up the eibachs as a temporary fix and wasn't planning on liking them this much. If the drop was just .5in lower they would be perfect, but I love how well the ride (I often have small kids in the back now so that is a huge plus). I want this car to have a more oem plus type look than my previous cars so I think the eibach/Koni setup may get me there, we'll see how it pans out. I am typically the kind of guy that just grabs coilovers and immediately sets them on the lowest setting and says done, but I have been parking next to this Audi at work recently to hat has a very mild drop with mesh style wheels similar to these and it just looks perfect to me (almost like it is sportier enough that it doesn't have to be slammed) so I am pulling a little inspiration from that too

Comment

Oh damn, this is pretty sweet. In for pics with wheels.

Comment

Well, it will be a bit longer before the wheels are ready now. Picked up the faces last night and they are seriously f-ed up. Debris and orange peel everywhere. No two are the same color. Even the fronts and backs of the same wheel are different colors. Parts are matte and parts are gloss. They are a complete mess. Taking them to a new coater this evening to have them completely redone.

Comment

Nice start man

Comment

Sucks to hear about the wheel faces!

But love to see how nicely you're doing everything and how careful you're being.

I feel like there are so many threads on here for new cars, and people just start rolling fenders terribly, buying awful reps, etc etc.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Thanks. I used to be that guy lol. I have matured and learned along the way I am just looking to make this a nice looking and comfortable driving commuter car.

I will post pictures of the appalling powdercoat job tonight for everyone's ammusent.

Comment

This is sweet, I think the Veloster is a good looking car, especially yours now with the upgrades. nice work.
                              l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X