Newb Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb Intro

Just introducing myself, my name is Eric. I have been into the car hobby about 20 years, owned close to 30 cars since I was twelve ranging from a Porsche 996 to a '72 F100, and have done pretty much everything in the car biz as a job. I appraise damaged cars for a body shop, and have a '49 Ford with a lot of custom work and my wife has an '07 GS350. I have had several lowered cars, generally older cars but it's tough to drive them in the the rust belt.

I have been thinking of doing something the the Lexus. I have yet to see one with the BBS type wheels (Privat/Konig/AG) with gold centers. It's an AWD and sees about 20K miles year to driveabilty is must. I have been looking at options for wheel/tire combos but am kinda unsure as of yet except for the style of wheel.

This is the first forum I have been on that's not Make/Model specific or specifically for hot rods/restorations. It enjoy it. I hope you guys will have me and I can learn lots of new stuff.

1949 Ford Chopped
    2007 Lexus GS350 AWD

Welcome to S|W

Post pics of some of what you've had or currently have. There are a LOT of options with the GS. Do a search for some. Looking forward to seeing what you do

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Let's see if I can get those images to work:

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Thanks Sam, much appreciated!
        1949 Ford Chopped
        2007 Lexus GS350 AWD

Comment

No prob.

If I might hazard an opinion, I love the idea of mesh wheels on the Lex, but I'd encourage you to look beyond Konigs or similar reps.

I'd love to see it on a set of bronze-centered VIP Modular VX110s with step lips. Or, hell, just go full ridiculous baller and get these

Comment

Here's one pretty similar to what you are looking to do. Also welcome and love the chopped ford, almost bought a similar one with a 454.

Comment

Working...
            X