Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Zach and his Stealth

Hello all from western Pennsylvania!
    I'm Zach and I spent all my money on a car and have no more to make it cool.

Back in October, my dad and I were in the upper part of the state looking at a Forester as a winter beater. When we left we asked how to get back to a main state route. A few miles later, we were on that road and at an intersection with a used car dealership on the corner. Very clean place, it had a slammed Mk5 Rabbit, Rouch Mustang, and a very red Dodge Stealth parked out front. Being that I was still driving my Dodge Daytona (with a 6G72 V6), the Stealth got me very excited. After a week of discussion with my parents, my dad and I went back to talk to a salesman. The window sticker said $9,999 but after talking to the salesman he said "Just talking to you guys, I see that you really want this car and will take very good care of it. My bottom line is seven." Two days later I had of my dream cars. One with 55,000 miles at that too!

Currently, I just don't have the money to make it something that every loyalist to this platform will ****.

The day after I got it: Factory ride height and 255/45 tires, yuck!

Now: With Megan lowering springs, 245/40 tires, de-winged, and dipped wheels.

Aaannd my sketch of what I would like it to look like:

I want Forgestar CF5s. It's generally regarded around the 3S (3000GT/Stealth) community that 19" wheels are horrible in every way and the only acceptable size is 18" They can stuff it. I want 19 x 9.5 +30 up front and 19 x 10 +25 out back.
    I'll probably have to cut my Megans to get a decent fitment.

Coo. Welcome

Comment

Welcome. If I can make a few reccomendations......

Please don't cut your lowering springs......unless you actually want your car to ride like a bag of smashed dicks and are looking forward to blowing your factory shocks/struts in record time. Just take your time and save up for some coilovers. It'll be well worth it. And honestly those wheels sound rather conservative for how big a Stealth is. I mean I suppose I could be wildly wrong about my assumption of how much space is in your wheel wells but generally Dodge/Chrysler vehicles are notorious for being able to accomodate a ridiculous wheel setup. Conquests/Starions came factory with negative offset wheels I believe......lol. Even my Crossfire, which is a relatively small car in proportion, is running a 10" wide wheel with a 0 offset in the rear with minimal camber. Just some food for thought my dude!
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
        Welcome. If I can make a few reccomendations......
        And after looking at more of their wheels, they have these: F14s

The fronts are Deep Concave, and the rear are Super Deep Concave

And after revising my measurements, it turns out I can fit 10s in the front with a 33mm poke and 12s in the rear with a 43mm poke. I think even with a correct stretch and using factory camber adjustment, that shouldn't look too bad even at my ride height. I'm just worried about the overall height of the tires because I can't go any more than a 5% difference between front/rear or else it will ruin my VCUs.

Comment

Are you going to replace the foglights?
          on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Originally posted by lublub View Post
            Are you going to replace the foglights?
            Probably not, I'm a bit obsessed with dropping weight out of this whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Z16Zach View Post
              And after looking at more of their wheels, they have these: F14s

The fronts are Deep Concave, and the rear are Super Deep Concave

And after revising my measurements, it turns out I can fit 10s in the front with a 33mm poke and 12s in the rear with a 43mm poke. I think even with a correct stretch and using factory camber adjustment, that shouldn't look too bad even at my ride height. I'm just worried about the overall height of the tires because I can't go any more than a 5% difference between front/rear or else it will ruin my VCUs.
              12" wide rear wheel sounds like more like it
              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Now I just need to find someone with those widths and offsets to test fit.
                What's the best way to track down wheels for test fitting? Just keep asking around? That seems like it could take a really long time.
                The low game doesn't exist here in western PA Amish country.

Comment

Working...
                X