My Toyota Grocery Getter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Toyota Grocery Getter

Hi, my name is David, and I have a 3.5L 2007 Toyota Camry LE. I didn't really know much about how to work on cars until last year, when I finally got the title to this car from my dad. Within a year, wonderful people from the Camry community and friends in the car scene helped teach me all I know now. It had been used for 7 years as a daily, but luckily it was garaged most of those years. I was told not to sell it, so I did as I pleased with it.

This is what the vehicle looked like when it was STOCK last year:

I have gone through roughly two setups. One of them was a not hellaflush but a lowered look on 18X8.5 ET 40 Enkei M52 wheels. I liked the look, but it was not what I had dreamed of my car looking like. I have recently changed my setup over, after saving a lot of money and eating one meal a day for a couple of months for the setup I have now.

This is what my car looked like BEFORE MY CURRENT SETUP:

As of today, I have put a lot of work into my car. I have done most of the work myself. Here is a list of all the mods I have done to this vehicle:

1) 20% Front Window Tint, 5% Rear Window and Rear Windshield Tint
    2) CG LED Taillights
    3) Mini H1 6.0 Morimoto Projector Retrofit
    4) 5000K Morimoto XB35 HID Bulbs
    5) Foglights with 5000K Projector VLED Bulbs
    6) VLED V3 Triton Turn Signals
    7) Backstopper Backup Sensors
    8) Complete Exterior LED Conversion
    9) Dual 14851 Universal Magnaflow Mufflers
    10) Resonator and Third Catalytic Converter Delete
    11) Sarona Eyelids
    12) OE Toyota Camry SE Front Valence
    13) OE Toyota Camry SE Rear Valence
    14) OE Trunk Lip Spoiler
    15) Roof Spoiler
    16) K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake System
    17) H&R TRAK+ Extended Studs
    18) H&R Triple C Camber Bolts
    19) BC BR Type Extreme Low Coilovers with Custom Slots for Camber Adjustment (10K/12K Spring Rates)
    20) Keyhole Plug
    21) 19X10 ET 14 Work VSXX, 5X114.3 with a 72.1 Center Bore, 6 in. Inner Barrel and 4 in. Lip
    22) Work RS-R Adonized Forged Aluminum Lug Nuts
    23) Custom Fender Roll and Pull
    24) WeatherTech Window Visors
    25) Gloss Black Door Pillars

This build has been heavily inspired by Jeno Thossansin's first Camry setup, which had gold BBS LM replicas on it. The gold on my Work VSXX wheels pay homage to that setup. My fitment is inspired in large part by Vanna Touch's Camry build, but it has been adapted to be more aggressive with 19" wheels instead of 18" wheels and a 10" width instead of a 9.5" width.

This is what my car looks like AS OF AUGUST 2014:

Last edited by D. Li; 08-12-2014, 01:36 PM.

I love it. I'm showing this to my friend when I can. He has the same model camry and I think this would give great inspiration to him.
    Don't know if it's just the camera angle but I feel like the front end is missing something. Couldn't tell you what though lol oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by YoSippitySam View Post
      I love it. I'm showing this to my friend when I can. He has the same model camry and I think this would give great inspiration to him.
      Don't know if it's just the camera angle but I feel like the front end is missing something. Couldn't tell you what though lol oh well.
      May be the height. I know what you mean though. The frame sits about an inch lower than the body which I ****. I have since lowered the front about half an inch and tweaked the height a bit too.

Comment

Looks good brother. Be on the lookout for some stance meets in the Austin area. Im from Harker Heights myself but always hangout in Round Rock and Austin. Maybe ill see you around. Take care.
        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
          Looks good brother. Be on the lookout for some stance meets in the Austin area. Im from Harker Heights myself but always hangout in Round Rock and Austin. Maybe ill see you around. Take care.
          Thanks man! I don't go down to Austin much because I don't know about a lot of meets, but I do plan on trying to make it to a Renegade meet.

Comment

Yeah Renegade is a good time. Make sure you go early and ride the 60+ MPH go karts. FUN AS HELL!
            Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

VERY NICE!! Never been a Camry fan but IMO this is the nicest body style and you've made it look really good. I like the both setups matter of fact.

progress IS a slow process

Comment

I have the same problem with my Miata. With no skirts you can see the frame clear as day.
                Also, I take my last statement back. I love every bit of this car. Front and all. I don't know what I saw the first time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by YoSippitySam View Post
                  I have the same problem with my Miata. With no skirts you can see the frame clear as day.
                  Also, I take my last statement back. I love every bit of this car. Front and all. I don't know what I saw the first time lol.
                  Haha. At least with your Miata, when you pull up next to me you look several feet lower.

Comment

Those wheels tho
                    IG: @Alexand3rr
                    Check out my Stanced CRV
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...=1#post1068778

Comment

Working...
                    X