Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hipster's Miata, (Honda Beat Content Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hipster's Miata, (Honda Beat Content Inside)

After buying my first civic I've fallen in love with the honda/acura brand and become quite a honda freak. I was browsing kijiji like I regularly do, every second day, when I stumbled across this odd little honda that I thought looked familiar. (pic from the ad)

I was fairly certain it was the same car i had seen quite a few years ago, from what i had seen the car was stored outside and hardly driven at all. After looking at the ad I decided that I had to go see the car, even if I wasnt really in the market for such a car.

after seeing the car in person and talking to the owner I found it was the same car I had remembered from several years back. at this point I was fairly giddy. I've always had a soft spot for small oddball cars, Especially kei cars. The owner took me for a ride in the car and I was hooked. I had to have it.

the next day the car was purchased and brought home to meet its younger sibling, my bagged hatchback.

and just to show how small this thing really is

For those of you unfamiliar with the honda beat: it is a kei car and as such was only sold in japan, it is rear engine as well as rear wheel drive, it was designed by pininfarina (the same design firm responsible for the desings of many ferrari's, lamborghinis, and alfa romeo's to name a few) This car is especially cool as techinically it is the last honda, as it is the last car soichiro honda approved before his death.

the car is an absolute riot on the street, and with 64hp it still makes you want to drive like a raging lunatic. I was originally wanting to keep the car factory and correct, but after a couple hours of driving it i`ve changed my mind. I would like to make the car into a time attack/ auto cross monster and will not be focussing mainly on `stancing it out dawg``. plans so far for the car are: functional aero, race spec coilovers, street and track use tires, upgraded alloys (watanabes or te37`s hopefully), race bucket seats, and if the engine should fail I would love to put in a Hayabusa motor.

hopefully it will turn out to be something similar to this when i`m done with it.

if anyone could recomend a site or company that exports parts from japan that would be incredible.

thanks for checking it out.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

this thing is rad. those japanese examples you posted are crazy
    IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
    Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

Holy shiz, this is amazing.

Comment

haha wat

Comment

Shove a k20/k24 in the rear pls

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? PM me if anything
          sigpic

Comment

omgomgomgomg
            this is my favorite thing on stance works.

I'm going to import a suzuki cappuccino then we will race.

Comment

Jesse Streeter is pretty legit as far as getting JDM parts from yahoo auctions, Upgarage/Croober, or other sites, just send him the link and he will give a quote

GTR Garage used to but they moved on to bigger and better things

I think RHDJapan or something still does it too

Comment

Can't wait to see how you get on with this. The zoomy little 3 cylinder in the just begs to be driven hard.

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

Comment

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

You neeeeed this.

RHDjapan has lots of mad tyte JDM stuff, and if you cannot find it, I am sure that they are willing to help

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

http://www.ep-importers.com/home.htm

They are good guys to deal with as well.

Comment

the .gif's on this page are great

Comment

Hayabusa swap please!

Comment

you can put that car in your pocket and i love it
                          instagram: willlarney
                          big dumb e39 build

Comment

Do this right... It's sooo tiny!!!

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Oh my lord I never thought I'd see a Beat on here,

I LOVE THEM

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X