Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hipster's Miata, (Honda Beat Content Inside)

Default Hipster's Miata, (Honda Beat Content Inside)

After buying my first civic I've fallen in love with the honda/acura brand and become quite a honda freak. I was browsing kijiji like I regularly do, every second day, when I stumbled across this odd little honda that I thought looked familiar. (pic from the ad)

I was fairly certain it was the same car i had seen quite a few years ago, from what i had seen the car was stored outside and hardly driven at all. After looking at the ad I decided that I had to go see the car, even if I wasnt really in the market for such a car.

after seeing the car in person and talking to the owner I found it was the same car I had remembered from several years back. at this point I was fairly giddy. I've always had a soft spot for small oddball cars, Especially kei cars. The owner took me for a ride in the car and I was hooked. I had to have it.

the next day the car was purchased and brought home to meet its younger sibling, my bagged hatchback.

and just to show how small this thing really is

For those of you unfamiliar with the honda beat: it is a kei car and as such was only sold in japan, it is rear engine as well as rear wheel drive, it was designed by pininfarina (the same design firm responsible for the desings of many ferrari's, lamborghinis, and alfa romeo's to name a few) This car is especially cool as techinically it is the last honda, as it is the last car soichiro honda approved before his death.

the car is an absolute riot on the street, and with 64hp it still makes you want to drive like a raging lunatic. I was originally wanting to keep the car factory and correct, but after a couple hours of driving it i`ve changed my mind. I would like to make the car into a time attack/ auto cross monster and will not be focussing mainly on `stancing it out dawg``. plans so far for the car are: functional aero, race spec coilovers, street and track use tires, upgraded alloys (watanabes or te37`s hopefully), race bucket seats, and if the engine should fail I would love to put in a Hayabusa motor.

hopefully it will turn out to be something similar to this when i`m done with it.

if anyone could recomend a site or company that exports parts from japan that would be incredible.

thanks for checking it out.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

this thing is rad. those japanese examples you posted are crazy

Holy shiz, this is amazing.

haha wat

Shove a k20/k24 in the rear pls

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? PM me if anything

omgomgomgomg
    this is my favorite thing on stance works.

I'm going to import a suzuki cappuccino then we will race.

Jesse Streeter is pretty legit as far as getting JDM parts from yahoo auctions, Upgarage/Croober, or other sites, just send him the link and he will give a quote

GTR Garage used to but they moved on to bigger and better things

I think RHDJapan or something still does it too

Can't wait to see how you get on with this. The zoomy little 3 cylinder in the just begs to be driven hard.

E36 318iS Clubsport : Build thread coming soon

http://www.rhdjapan.com/feel-s-beat-...e-t-shirt.html
    You neeeeed this.

RHDjapan has lots of mad tyte JDM stuff, and if you cannot find it, I am sure that they are willing to help

http://www.ep-importers.com/home.htm

They are good guys to deal with as well.

the .gif's on this page are great

Hayabusa swap please!

you can put that car in your pocket and i love it
    instagram: willlarney
    big dumb e39 build

Do this right... It's sooo tiny!!!

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Oh my lord I never thought I'd see a Beat on here,

I LOVE THEM

WOAH I always thought these thing were super mega uber cool.

IN for this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(also love your hatch)

Dude. That thing is awesome and super small
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrawannabe View Post
    More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

I think I have to have one! I'd Yamaha FZ1 motor swap it. Basically the R1 motor with a diff cam for more torque. The busa motor tends to require a oil sump or some work keeping oil where it should be when swapped into a car. Sub'd, i hope I get to witness this cars transformation.
    l ig:coltondk l youtube:coltondk I DD: Tundra I Projects:l 06 STI I 87 S10 l I 57 Chevy Belair I I 48' International KB-2 I 07R6r l

What is this "beat" you speak of?

On a serious note, I've never heard of this little car. Do it right man.

Big fan of little cars!

Time attack direction sounds interesting!

AWWW, that thing is sweet. I just learned about kei cars a few weeks ago. The power to weight ratio with a k20 in this would be NUTS! congrats, I deff wanna see what you do with this sir.

I remember seeing one of these things in person here in Georgia when I was like 10 and it is the reason I love RHD cars, I'm excited to see what you do with this

You could fit 4 of those on that wrecker haha. Where are you going to run time attack with Race City shut down?

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

I wish we got Beats in the US.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
    this thing is rad. those japanese examples you posted are crazy
    Thanks! The Japanese seem to go balls out on them, definitely some incredible cars over there. Hopefully mine comes close when all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradi View Post
    Shove a k20/k24 in the rear pls
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? PM me if anything
    I've seen a few with b18/b20's in them, not sure if a k series would fit. Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by SheaMoose View Post
    omgomgomgomg
    this is my favorite thing on stance works.
    I'm going to import a suzuki cappuccino then we will race.
    Apparently you can fit an sr in those! Also, do it!!! Would love to see a kei car only race catagory in the states!

Quote Originally Posted by Junya View Post
    Jesse Streeter is pretty legit as far as getting JDM parts from yahoo auctions, Upgarage/Croober, or other sites, just send him the link and he will give a quote
    GTR Garage used to but they moved on to bigger and better things
    I think RHDJapan or something still does it too
    Quote Originally Posted by rice4life View Post
    http://www.rhdjapan.com/feel-s-beat-...e-t-shirt.html
    You neeeeed this.
    RHDjapan has lots of mad tyte JDM stuff, and if you cannot find it, I am sure that they are willing to help
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeed, think I'm gonna have to order it haha
    Quote Originally Posted by scotto View Post
    http://www.ep-importers.com/home.htm
    They are good guys to deal with as well.
    Thanks gents! I've heard of Jesse street er before but only from one person, the more I ask it seems the more people refer me there. Will likely be using him to send some parts over.

Quote Originally Posted by axelillo_PR View Post
    Hayabusa swap please!
    If the engine decides to go it's definitely an option, would be cheaper then trying to fix the motor with parts having to come from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by drifte View Post
    I think I have to have one! I'd Yamaha FZ1 motor swap it. Basically the R1 motor with a diff cam for more torque. The busa motor tends to require a oil sump or some work keeping oil where it should be when swapped into a car. Sub'd, i hope I get to witness this cars transformation.
    Hmmm, definitely something I will have to look into if I ever get to the point of swapping out the stock lump. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
    You could fit 4 of those on that wrecker haha. Where are you going to run time attack with Race City shut down?
    I've heard there will be a new track course being built by 2016? Can't recall if that's Edmonton, or Balzac area. Hopefully when I've gotten the car semi track ready something will come availiable in terms of a track. That or I could throw the car on a trailer and head to the states.
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build