Corvette bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette bags

Dont post alot but cruise the forum every now and then, so Im sure i'll get some flack for wanting to put air suspension on my corvette but its what I want and it will give me the look im going for. Its on coilovers now and was wondering if there is a sleeve type bag that would work on coilovers as there isn't much room for anything bigger than a sleeve type bag. Mostly want it for the adjustability to get over obstacles without tearing up the underside of the car and my headers and exhaust. I've contacted most of the major air suspension companies and only one thats actually made it but will not sell it to the public cause of reliability issues with the front sleeve bags being mounted upside down and a chance of a rock getting in the sleeve bag and popping it. . Im just looking for any help if anyone knows if a sleeve bag could be used on a existing coilover. How my car sits currently, wanting to do flared rear quarters and get wider lips for my classics in the rear to make my 18x12 into a 18x14.

I do have some knowledge of air suspensions as I'm building a 86 c10 on air and have a LS430 on airlift struts and accuair. Just dont know alot about sleeve bags and if they can be put onto a coilover and work. Couple pics of the LS430 and c10

Last edited by ferio; 08-05-2014, 10:42 PM.
    01 Z06, 02 Ls430, 99 gmc sonoma, 86 gmc c10 bagged

Sounds like air cups might be a good solution for your situation, if you only want the lift to clear low speed obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
      Sounds like air cups might be a good solution for your situation, if you only want the lift to clear low speed obstacles.
      Yea looked at air cups but thinking they may be to big and come in contact with my upper a-arms they are pretty close to the springs on the coilovers now.

Comment

This build uses all corvette suspension. It says that for the front they used c5 spindles, z06 upper and lower control arms with Air Ride Technologies Shock Wave air bags on the front. It doesn't say how the rear was done, but if you contact Air Ride Technologies they could probably tell you.

2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Originally posted by fifty3bags View Post
          This build uses all corvette suspension. It says that for the front they used c5 spindles, z06 upper and lower control arms with Air Ride Technologies Shock Wave air bags on the front. It doesn't say how the rear was done, but if you contact Air Ride Technologies they could probably tell you.

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/body/.../photo_08.html
          Nice find fifty3bags, would be something to look into, the fronts he has moved them inboard from the original lower mount to the center of the a-arm somehow. If you see the two holes in the lower arm is where the original lower shocks mount. Also with the bellows being wider than the lower control arm I would have to get rid of my sway bar which I dont really want to do. One company makes them but cant sell them

exactly what I need... lol so close yet so far.

Comment

Just put coilovers on it..
            Mike Gibson
            [2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ - 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Slammed - 2002 Corvette Z06 Cammed]
            [1988 Civic Wagovan RT 4WD - 1988 Camaro IROC-Z - 1969 Firebird LS6 Swap]
            [1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX Wakeboard boat - 2008 Honda Rancher 420 EFI on 20" Rims]

Comment

Couple of my Z06.. it is slammed on stock suspension, also has the widebody fenders you were speaking of.

Mike Gibson
              [2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ - 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Slammed - 2002 Corvette Z06 Cammed]
              [1988 Civic Wagovan RT 4WD - 1988 Camaro IROC-Z - 1969 Firebird LS6 Swap]
              [1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX Wakeboard boat - 2008 Honda Rancher 420 EFI on 20" Rims]

Comment

I have coilovers on it already, you're car looks amazing with the flares.

Originally posted by maroon88iroc View Post
                Just put coilovers on it..
                Originally posted by maroon88iroc View Post
                Couple of my Z06.. it is slammed on stock suspension, also has the widebody fenders you were speaking of.

Comment

Working...
                X