Mercedes S124 Bags/Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes S124 Bags/Brackets

Hey Stanceworks, I just picked up accuair switchspeed management and am having a hard time deciding what bags/brackets to use. The rears have been measured, but am having a hard time deciding what to do about the front as I know the brackets have to be offset like the current spring sitting in there. Would like to hear what you w124/s124 guys have in your setups

I'm sure you've seen my setup, but I'll throw it in here anyway:

Slam Specialties mounting plates welded to 4" OD .226" wall A-500 structural steel pipe. The ends are beveled to kick the bag away from the fenderwell. At top, the bracket just sits in the spring cup like the stock springs do. At bottom, the bracket has a nut welded into it at center. A long piece of all-thread is attached to the nut and fixed in place with thread locker. Underneath the LCA, I have a piece of 1/4" plate with a 1" ID .179 wall x 2" pipe welded to it, which interfaces with the spring compressor hole. The all-thread goes through a hole at the center of the plate and pipe, and a threadlocked nut sandwiches the plate and lower bracket to the LCA.

Getting the angle of the mounts correct was the hardest part by far, and it took some trial-and-error. My final solution, which doesn't appear to have any remaining rubbing issues, leaves the bag fouling hard on the strut when the car is raised off the ground. It seems like it won't work if you look at it in the air, but it does.

Comment

Thanks Sam!! I'll run this over to my welder so I can hopefully get this thing laying frame by next week

Comment

Working...
      X