No announcement yet.

Bmw e12 520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the amount of photos! This car is lucky to have bumped into someone like you whos prepared to take on a task like this, I'm so excited to see where this goes. I love the blue too, shame you have to change it but it is your build so as long as you're happy so are we :] Looking forward to more

Comment

Keen to see how this goes that's for sure!
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

I love E12's. How this project is progressing?

Comment

Wow! Your e12 needs a lot of work! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Antti79 View Post
            I love E12's. How this project is progressing?
            I have not worked on the car for a while because I was helping a friend with his project and the last months it was too cold to work on it, but now the weather going to be better here the updates will normally come faster. Now i'm busy with repairing the front. Updates and pics definitely come.

Originally posted by Ian e View Post
            Wow! Your e12 needs a lot of work! Good luck!
            Thanks man! Yeah indeed, almost everywhere you look you see rust or a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkie View Post
              Updates and pics definitely come.

'07 Audi A3 3.2Q

Comment

This car is awesome, I love just how simple everything is... That 87 Graphite color example was great I like the Blue but your new choice is just as nice. Good luck with all the rust work, I haven't seen a build thread yet with such extensive photos and its actually nice to scroll through them all. Your english isnt bad either! #subscribed

Comment

Keep going! Bring us some sweet sweet updates! I NEED MOAR PICTURES *Curls up in corner shaking like crack addict*
                  I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlerE30 View Post
                    This car is awesome, I love just how simple everything is... That 87 Graphite color example was great I like the Blue but your new choice is just as nice. Good luck with all the rust work, I haven't seen a build thread yet with such extensive photos and its actually nice to scroll through them all. Your english isnt bad either! #subscribed
                    Thanks! Indeed it's extensive, the reason for that is I think it's interesting to show you how an E12 looks on the inside and outside.

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                    Keep going! Bring us some sweet sweet updates! I NEED MOAR PICTURES *Curls up in corner shaking like crack addict*
                    Haha , sweet updates will come!

Comment

After long time no updates I got a few, meanwhile i did also a lot of other things but I'm gonna post it when they are completely ready.

So, I'm gonna pick it up where I last left, did a visit to BMW for ordering panels.
                      I got the front from the previous owner but unfortunately it was not the right panel , the hole for the radiator is not correct, probably for a 4 cilinder.

As you can see:

Quick testfit:

And a right rear inner wheelhouse panel, left one I had already:

Also did a little trip to Netherlands after some secondhand parts:

And ordered products for the bodywork, welding primer, antirust primer, sealer kits and underbody coating:

Cut some other panels out too:

Then some rust repair:

Cut out:

Buyed a bunch of metal of another E12 to had the correct form for the repair panel:

Cut out what I need but the rust devil attacked it too:

Repaired:

Welded in, do not pay attention to the weldings, this is the first time that I do bodywork:

Weldings grinded flat:

Primered (also the edges with welding primer but not a pic of it) :

Treated the engine supports while it was open:

And extra protection with underbody coating, grey is welding primer:

New panel:

And welded in:

Till next time!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

@ Suburuuh: Dank u!

Some more body updates, removed the glue of the sound isolations and kit on both wheelhouses in the engine bay:

(call me a freak )

then to the splash wall, at the bottom there was a little hole, cut it out and welded it up on the inside:

above the steering column there was much more rust:

the whole wall rustfree:

inside the car same story:

little repair on the frame rail:

many more rust attack will follow!

Comment

Absolutely love the attention to detail in this! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
                            I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Comment

Effective and later on a fundamental good base for a build up!

Comment

hmmmm ik denk nu, bij het zien van deze foto's, dat ik me niet zo moet aanstellen met mijn aanstaande laswerkzaamheden voor de 124

Damn, you've got lot's of things ahead of you
                                Respect for the effort, hard work and dedication!
                                Lucas
                                Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                                Originally posted by LCG
                                High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Working...
                                X