Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought my compressors, tank, bags, lines, and basically everything I need but fittings. Is that list of fittings above all the bagriders kit includes? And is that all I need?
    Originally posted by cobrawannabe
    More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

Comment

Most Bag Riders kits come with the minimum of what you need for a basic install, minus the fittings for the bags themselves. Post up exactly what you've got and what you're wanting to do for an install, and we can work through what you need for fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by siopaolover View Post
        Just bought my compressors, tank, bags, lines, and basically everything I need but fittings. Is that list of fittings above all the bagriders kit includes? And is that all I need?
        If you are piecing everything together separately, the list of fittings the OP listed will not help you unless you are doing the exact same setup they have put together.

Choosing the right fittings for your setup depends on what tank you decided to go with, how many compressors, water traps, how you want your trunk setup to look, etc, etc.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Alex@BagRiders View Post
          If you are piecing everything together separately, the list of fittings the OP listed will not help you unless you are doing the exact same setup they have put together.

Choosing the right fittings for your setup depends on what tank you decided to go with, how many compressors, water traps, how you want your trunk setup to look, etc, etc.
          Thanks! I actually bought a Viair 444c, 5 gallon 9 port tank, Airlift Dominator D2500, 3/8" line, and I'm about to buy a 3/8" SMC water trap and 2 3/8" valve manifolds, and I'm trying to piece together what I need. I'm just going for a basic air setup with nothing fancy in the trunk
          More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

IIRC D2500s have 1/2" FNPT ports, so if you're going to run nylon air line right to the bags (i.e. not use a braided leader hose), 4x 3/8" PTC to 1/2" MNPT fittings will do you fine. If you need elbows to fit the lines in (might be helpful in the rear), the SMC swivel elbows that Bag Riders sells are excellent.

Which valve manifolds did you purchase, and which tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
              IIRC D2500s have 1/2" FNPT ports, so if you're going to run nylon air line right to the bags (i.e. not use a braided leader hose), 4x 3/8" PTC to 1/2" MNPT fittings will do you fine. If you need elbows to fit the lines in (might be helpful in the rear), the SMC swivel elbows that Bag Riders sells are excellent.

Which valve manifolds did you purchase, and which tank?
              Yessir! They are 1/2" ports. So I'll put in an order for 4 of these, right?
              Free delivery on air ride kits, shipped in 24 hours. Shop from our huge selection of in-stock air suspension kits, coilovers, air compressors, air bags, fittings and much more.

And 2 of these 3/8" to 3/8" for the rears:
              Free delivery on air ride kits, shipped in 24 hours. Shop from our huge selection of in-stock air suspension kits, coilovers, air compressors, air bags, fittings and much more.

For reference, here's the compressor, tank, and bag kit I bought:

And these are the valves I'll be using:
              2 - 3/8"npt Direct Action Air Valve Manifold. 3/8"npt Inlet and Outlet. 1/4"npt Gauge Port. Two Position (2-way valve normally closed). All Parts Are Made From Stainless Steel, Aluminum Or Are Nickel Plated.
              More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

Yessir! They are 1/2" ports. So I'll put in an order for 4 of these, right?

And 2 of these 3/8" to 3/8" for the rears:
                http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...VEL-ELBOW.html
                You'll want two of these in 1/2" MNPT and 3/8" PTC for the front and two of the swivel elbows you've got listed there for the rear, but the swivel elbows will want 1/2" MNPT threads, not 3/8".

For reference, here's the compressor, tank, and bag kit I bought:
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viair-444C-C...003136?vxp=mtr
                Aha, twin compressors. You'll also want twin water traps. Sounds like you got the 3/8" SMC trap, which is my favorite of what Bag Riders carries, so get one more of those. You'll also need 2x 1/4" FNPT to 3/8" MNPT bushings to adapt the 1/4" threads on the leader hose to the 3/8" threads on the water traps.

I don't see anywhere in that listing what the port sizes are on the tank. If you know, post it up, otherwise once it arrives we can figure it out, and go from there.

And these are the valves I'll be using:
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/201244205848...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                You'll need two more of those valve blocks to handle four corners. One valve on each block is fill and one is dump, so you need eight valves total in four blocks. Personally, were it me, I'd think long and hard about upgrading to a VU4 manifold. They're more expensive, but they're beautifully made and switching to a VU4 will save you a LOT of screwing around.

If you're intent on making those valve blocks work, it can absolutely be done, I just wanted to throw another option out there for you.

EDIT: While we're at it, you need to be sketching out how you want the trunk laid out and where you want to run lines.
                Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-27-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

You'll want two of these in 1/2" MNPT and 3/8" PTC for the front and two of the swivel elbows you've got listed there for the rear, but the swivel elbows will want 1/2" MNPT threads, not 3/8".

Aha, twin compressors. You'll also want twin water traps. Sounds like you got the 3/8" SMC trap, which is my favorite of what Bag Riders carries, so get one more of those. You'll also need 2x 1/4" FNPT to 3/8" MNPT bushings to adapt the 1/4" threads on the leader hose to the 3/8" threads on the water traps.

I don't see anywhere in that listing what the port sizes are on the tank. If you know, post it up, otherwise once it arrives we can figure it out, and go from there.

You'll need two more of those valve blocks to handle four corners. One valve on each block is fill and one is dump, so you need eight valves total in four blocks. Personally, were it me, I'd think long and hard about upgrading to a VU4 manifold. They're more expensive, but they're beautifully made and switching to a VU4 will save you a LOT of screwing around.

If you're intent on making those valve blocks work, it can absolutely be done, I just wanted to throw another option out there for you.

EDIT: While we're at it, you need to be sketching out how you want the trunk laid out and where you want to run lines.
                  Thanks!

So just to clarify, I'll need both PTC and NPT to be 1/2" for the swivel elbows, right?

And I'll actually just be running one compressor. I'm giving the other compressor to a friend as sort of a way to repay him for helping me with install

Everything is coming in today, so I'll update you guys on the tank when it gets here!

Also, I'm just looking at running front/back instead of FBSS. Would the VU2 be a pretty good option for me at this point? And save me the headache of running those valve blocks?
                  More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

The PTC size is the size of your air lines. Since you have 3/8" lines, you need fittings with 3/8" PTC ends. The swivel elbows you will want are threaded 1/2" MNPT (since the bags have 1/2" FNPT ports) with 3/8" PTC ends to allow your lines to connect.

Tying your left and right corners together is an unsafe hack. You need to keep your corners isolated from each other in order to prevent side-to-side airflow during cornering. This will require a manifold like the VU4 or similar, eight electric valves, or four paddle valves.
                    Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 02-28-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

The PTC size is the size of your air lines. Since you have 3/8" lines, you need fittings with 3/8" PTC ends. The swivel elbows you will want are threaded 1/2" MNPT (since the bags have 1/2" FNPT ports) with 3/8" PTC ends to allow your lines to connect.

Tying your left and right corners together is an unsafe hack. You need to keep your corners isolated from each other in order to prevent side-to-side airflow during cornering. This will require a manifold like the VU4 or similar, eight electric valves, or four paddle valves.
                      Got it! Thanks again, Sam. Looks like UPS isn't delivering until Monday, so I'll update when everything comes in

EDIT: Can I run these valves instead?
                      Last edited by siopaolover; 03-01-2015, 10:38 AM.
                      More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

EDIT: Can I run these valves instead?
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRLIFT-2500...d29efc&vxp=mtr
                        Yes, but you'll need two blocks. At that price, get a RidePro manifold, save up another $100 for a VU4, or save yourself $150 and just use individual SMC valves.

Comment

Yes, but you'll need two blocks. At that price, get a RidePro manifold, save up another $100 for a VU4, or save yourself $150 and just use individual SMC valves.
                          I think I'll just save up a few more weeks and buy the VU4 Is it more of a straightforward install with the VU4?
                          More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

It's a bit more straightforward. The PTC VU4 saves you half a dozen to a dozen NPT-PTC fittings versus a traditional valve block. If you're going to have leaks, it's going to be on NPT fittings, so the more you can cut out of your setup, the better.

Comment

It's a bit more straightforward. The PTC VU4 saves you half a dozen to a dozen NPT-PTC fittings versus a traditional valve block. If you're going to have leaks, it's going to be on NPT fittings, so the more you can cut out of your setup, the better.
                              Thanks again for the info. I hope other people interested in air suspension find all this useful too!

UPDATE: compressors, bags, and tank came in today
                              image by fbaladad, on Flickr

image by fbaladad, on Flickr
                              More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

Just bought my VU4 yesterday from a member on vwvortex

Quick question though... How do you guys power everything??
                                More lotion.

My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X