Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Um... What new car did you buy?

Comment

• Dax Rush but I do have to sell it! the wife has gone mental!
      My Lotus Esprit bagged project thread
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...88#post1344788
      1UZ-FE V8 Slammed Scimitar build
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...72#post1480172

Comment

• Originally posted by V8-ESPRITS3 View Post
        Dax Rush but I do have to sell it! the wife has gone mental!
        I had to Google what a Dax Rush was. Is it essentially just a Super-7 replica? Looks damn near identical.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Fucking nice esprit!

Comment

• Wow has been a long time maybe 2 years since I last done any work on the Lotus.

A few days ago I cut the rear body off to make a hinged clam like on the F40.

Today I finished the rear frame to support the rear bumper, valance and lower rear quarters.

I also cut out some more inner body work, it was tough plucking up the courage to sink the disk cutter into the body to start with but glad I did it!

Lot of work still to do but also a little less to do....LOL

The rear top body just lifts up with tailgate now and is so nice to work on.

I am getting too old to climb over the back and into the hatch.

My Lotus Esprit bagged project thread
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...88#post1344788
            1UZ-FE V8 Slammed Scimitar build
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...72#post1480172

Comment

• Sooooo happy this is still getting work done to! This mod is amazing! Can't wait for more updates
              "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
              Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Love to see this come back! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

• I'm so glad this car/thread is alive!

Keep us posted some more (well, more then twice every 2 years )

Comment

• Man I'm way too excited about this car. Quick question: how's the handling with that much stagger, I think I saw 315 in back and 205 in front? I'm planning to do 315s in the back of my future wide-flare turbo e28 and 225s in the front but I don't want to be mustanging into crowds or anything lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beemernut View Post
                      Man I'm way too excited about this car. Quick question: how's the handling with that much stagger, I think I saw 315 in back and 205 in front? I'm planning to do 315s in the back of my future wide-flare turbo e28 and 225s in the front but I don't want to be mustanging into crowds or anything lol.
                      Really depends on the weight distribution for front end grip, since your e28 has a front engine it should be good with grip. Obviously adding a stickier compound will help. The Murcielago comes with 245 front, 335 rear and ALL of the weight is in the back, so it has a massive tendency to understeer. I swapped to an r-compound tire and bumped the front to 255 for a massive change in front end grip. (even worse is the Countach with 205 front and 345 rear, lol).

Comment

• So you're saying a front-biased car with wide tires in the rear and normal width tires up front should handle better than a rear-biased car with a similar stagger?

Comment

• As someone who grew up around a lot of very original Lotus's, this is awesome! Can't wait to see the final product
                          I over engineer the solution to small problems while ignoring the big problems.

'74 Toyota Hilux (under construction), '74 Lotus Europa (low mileage, ALL original), '95 Mazda Miata (supercharged), '99 Chevy C2500 (ratty sleeper, 650 rwhp turbo LS), '01 BMW 540i/6, '76 Dodge Aspen (Lemons Race car)

Comment

• Originally posted by Beemernut View Post
                            So you're saying a front-biased car with wide tires in the rear and normal width tires up front should handle better than a rear-biased car with a similar stagger?
                            In regards to front end grip, yes.

Comment

Working...
                            X