• OMG it's american/c4 corvette build

Let's get some things straight first.
    I'm a broke ass 20 year old going to college
    No financial help
    I don't like vettes very much
    japanese cars don't like me very much either

I am a motorbike fan, that was my green triumph daytona

but when I draw em, they don't crash lol

Anyway, I have a preference to euro cars but ended with a vette I'll spare the details.
    I bought the car because I knew it had potential and because it's not a popular car in the modding scene and want to show what these old vettes can look like with a little clean style. I'm not going for a slammed vette because it is my only form of transportation, but for an aggressive clean style.
    These are the only pics I have because I started modding 2nd day I got it, this was after a paint correction too

A week later I scored some nice c6 wheels, I'm a bit limited in the wheel department because the offsets are really high on the c4 vettes

Huge wheel gaps

Started to lower the front, pain in the ass

yes the vette uses a transverse mounted fiberglass leaf spring

swapped out the stock spring for a z51 performance spring that stiffer
    The results, definitely dig the front stance dropped 2 inches and it's less then 3in off the ground, rear was dropped 1.5 but now I need to lower it again, probably another 2 in to even up. I might go lower but it's my only form of transportation so can't go to low.

After I lower the rear I'll need to figure out my spacer situation to get a better fit. Right now I run 25mm out back and 20mm in the front, might go another .25in all around.
    Last edited by peter_werks; 07-10-2014, 07:19 PM.

Then I started on that nasty interior in this car, all carpets need to be replaced, weatherstripping, seats, dash, console etc.
    And so it started

Got my used door panels super dirt cheap, new sets go for 1k lol.
    Replaced my old nasty super 90s steering wheel with a nice momo suede with momo boss kit and matching suede shift boot. I also installed the Hurst short shifter. I'm trying to go for a little suede and red stitching theme.

Next up were the seats, you don't know how happy I was to finally get these corbeau a4 in suede. They are very beautiful, I also stitched on some red threading to add some contrast. This took forever and lots of hand cramping.

Halo plastic panels were wrapped in a synthetic leather and the a pillars and the windshield top part, idk what it's called along with the new dash.

It's only going to grow from there but I'm jumping around on all my mods because of the lack of cash and sorry for the pics being out of order
    And the latest thing I did was start on a little engine work, gonna do some new rockers, pushrods, sent the intake and heads to be ported and polished, and this is with the intake off. Engine bay is pretty nasty but this vette has 170k miles

to be cont

Comment

sweet, cant wait to see more of this!

Comment

love me a corvette

Comment

this could be soooooo fawking rad....please go on

Comment

good,Right now I run 25mm out back and 20mm in the front, might go another .25in all around. thanks

Comment

Awesome build!

You should eek some more powah out of that LS while you in there, they are super cheap and easy to mod.

Please carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                Awesome build!

You should eek some more powah out of that LS while you in there, they are super cheap and easy to mod.

Please carry on.
                It's not an LS but still.

And I like you have the digi-dash, this or a c5 are my next project after my last camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                  Awesome build!

Please carry on.
                  *lt1 actually lol, wish it was an ls

Comment

Very cool man. I've always been a fan of the C4 chassis. My dad had a 1990 ZR1 when I was growing up. NIce start so far!
                    Hit me up for all your quality used bmw parts needs! http://properperformance.com/ IG: Lowlygent

Comment

i dig it!
                      C280 Build Thread
                      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Good start so far. Don't see many manual c4s around much lately. Keep it up!
                        2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Car is sweet.

Comment

Nice Vette!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'm excite!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X