Taking Apart Perfectly Good Cars - Tristan's 240 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    Damn, this is coming together real fast!

Those are the only pictures I've ever seen of the KA ac compressor adapter plate on the internet, thanks mane
    All of this has been over the course of about a year and yeah no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 240Tristan View Post
      All of this has been over the course of about a year and yeah no problem.
      Okay, good, I was gonna say, it took me 3 months to swap out a 4 banger motor, and here I thought you were getting it done in a few days.
      I like the progress though. I need a 240 in my life.

Comment

Awesome car, awesome thread.

Comment

Originally posted by heeter_33 View Post
          Awesome car, awesome thread.
          Thanks!

Comment

subbed

Comment

nice car man!

Comment

How is that spec clutch? Looks beefy
                Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                  How is that spec clutch? Looks beefy
                  It works really nicely, took a bit to break in but now it feels just like the stock one I had in my KA

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while, hopefully this will make up for it.

So I suppose I'll pick up where we last left off, the body kit. Now going into this project neither my dad nor myself were looking forward to putting this thing on, we had heard all of the horror stories about massive fitment gaps and how weak the material itself was.

If you're unfamiliar with Wisconsin's laws, they require a front mounted license plate, unlike some states. Seeing as the only place to really put the plate was right in front of the intercooler we had to improvise.

We've asked some cops we know if it will slide or not and most say yes, but not for the really strict cops...so far I've been lucky

Now onto the fitment part and installation of the kit...
                    The front bumper fit perfectly, almost flawlessly, with little to no gaps. Only problem is a small gap between the grill and the hood, not really sure if this is even caused from the bumper.

The rear bumper was a little different...neither of the sides fit the greatest and had a little bit of overhang, but with the design of the body kit going over the fenders you didn't have the highest expectations. After about an hour of pulling and drilling this is how it turned out.
                    (We did also have to install a license plate light which was as simple as drilling a hole and putting one in.)

The not so nice places...

The side skirts went on nicely, but we ended up having to put some screws into the fender in order to keep them from getting caught by the wind. Clearance was close but after a while of trial and error we got the doors to clear.

We've since then gotten some hood bumpers that lessen the hood gap a bit. The 3M tape that we used for the body kit wasn't impressive at all, only stuck in a couple places. Overall the body kit was easily worth the couple hundred I paid, and it gives the car a cool look. Opinions?

Still have a bunch of other pictures to upload and a lot more to do until its done. Stay tuned!

Comment

Bolt on overfenders help cover that gap up.

Looks good so far tho dude!

Comment

Washington state has that same law about running front license plates.

Its sucks

Comment

I really like that kit, nice progress so far
                          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

We took about 10 lbs. of speaker wiring out and put some new stuff in...

Here are some pictures that I've taken since I got it put together and running...

You can see the new daily driver in the background of the last picture, a 05 Saab 9-2x

I'm going to be ordering a blow off valve and some exhaust sometime soon. I've been looking at BOVs and found a cheap universal one by HKS and I plan on getting Greddy RS exhaust for that perfect sound. Probably this winter I'll be getting wheels, I really like the gold Enkei RPF-1 right now.

I'll post more when I make progress...
                            Last edited by 240Tristan; 06-22-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

stance the saab!

Comment

The 240 has been locked up for the winter due to the salt on the roads. I ordered a HKS exhaust system because the Greddy I wanted has been out of stock for months and still doesn't have a restock date. The exhaust won't go in until I order a LSD for it so I can do it all at once. Does anyone know a good LSD for a reasonable price?

Comment

Working...
                                X